OT: The OT Non-Ski Resort - Xbox One Pity Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm with Nuckles.

I don't need all these entertainment features, I just want a console that runs my video games well and allows me to connect to my buddies seemlessly.

That's fair, I was probably the same until I started using Netflix on there. Bought a few UFCs through it too. Lots of the other features are pretty useless, though.

Last edited:

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
I'm with Nuckles.

I don't need all these entertainment features, I just want a console that runs my video games well and allows me to connect to my buddies seemlessly.

Me too. It looks like if you want pure gaming power, you should get a PS4.

If you want a bunch of social media and Kinect stuff, you should get an XBOX.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Hmm that's weird. I've had a PS3 for the last 5 years and never had any big issues.

I have a couple buddies with PS3's and they all switched to Xbox because of the online experience.

Been an Xbox fanboy since the Original Xbox, don't wanna hop on the Sony bandwagon.

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
I have a couple buddies with PS3's and they all switched to Xbox because of the online experience.

Been an Xbox fanboy since the Original Xbox, don't wanna hop on the Sony bandwagon.

Ah I see. I've always had Playstation up to this point, but was keeping an open mind in regards to the next gen systems. If the new Xbox seemed like it was better, then I'd probably get it, no big deal.

But it looks like Microsoft crapped the bed on this one, so I'll definitely be sticking with Sony. Honestly they're going to have way more/better exclusives as well, so I'm actually pretty relieved that the PS4 is the more powerful gaming system.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Playstation exclusives > Xbox ones

-Xbox user

May be because I don't like Halo at all

Last edited:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Quick OTOT: Game of Thrones is seriously good. I don't even like this genre that much but for some reason I keep watching religiously.

love the genre and am about to read the book. It's been recommended by most people I know so I have no idea why I have waiting so long to read it

Luongos Knob

PDO Kings
Jan 20, 2009
Ive had way more fun with my PS3 than with xbox 360... and that's the bottom line.

Plus, Microsoft make you pay extra to buy little accessories for proper functionality. However, they created those problems intentionally to make you buy it! They added a completely empty plastic obstuctor on the AV jack so I had to open it up, remove the piece and tape it back together. Or I could spend $40 for one that works.

Add the xbox live charges and how greedy can you get?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Quick OTOT: Game of Thrones is seriously good. I don't even like this genre that much but for some reason I keep watching religiously.

I think it's because it is a very good show that happens to be swords and boards. Replace lords with gangsters or corporate types or Jane Austin era Victorians and it'd still be good. I'll watch shows because I like the genre even if the show is average, I won't watch average shows from genre's I don't like. OTOH I'll watch almost anything that is very good irrespective of genre.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
On top of everything else: talk about having a horrible name from a market point of view. Going back from 360 to 1 is going to leave a lot of parents and grandparents confused when they're trying to buy one as a gift. But not to fret, right next to it is the clear upgrade from PS3 in PS4...

I can't help but face palm at Microsoft sometimes. They do more damage to themselves than apple ever could.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I think it's because it is a very good show that happens to be swords and boards. Replace lords with gangsters or corporate types or Jane Austin era Victorians and it'd still be good. I'll watch shows because I like the genre even if the show is average, I won't watch average shows from genre's I don't like. OTOH I'll watch almost anything that is very good irrespective of genre.

Truer words have never been spoken

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
love the genre and am about to read the book. It's been recommended by most people I know so I have no idea why I have waiting so long to read it

After season one I went out and bought all 5 books and burned right through them lol. Books 2 and 3 are two of the best books I've ever read. It's cool after seeing the show as well because you can totally picture what the characters look like in your head.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
After season one I went out and bought all 5 books and burned right through them lol. Books 2 and 3 are two of the best books I've ever read. It's cool after seeing the show as well because you can totally picture what the characters look like in your head.

I know what you mean about picturing the characters. I hate going into the movies and then the actors look nothing like what you had in you mind (Radcliffe & Watson), a crustier less pretty boy Aragorn. After enough movies they become them.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
tumblr_mj7m95Ur4s1s4chzfo1_250.gif

Story of my life.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Ive had way more fun with my PS3 than with xbox 360... and that's the bottom line.

Plus, Microsoft make you pay extra to buy little accessories for proper functionality. However, they created those problems intentionally to make you buy it! They added a completely empty plastic obstuctor on the AV jack so I had to open it up, remove the piece and tape it back together. Or I could spend $40 for one that works.

Add the xbox live charges and how greedy can you get?

Agree

But I had to have a little lol when you ask how greedy can microsoft get?

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Just finished watching When Harry Met Sally again.
Love the film.
One of funniest films about relationships ever made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad