The optimist thread - the Koolaid is refreshing!

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
May would be as good as Calle! Not saying much but still.

He says all the right things, you need to get pucks to the net, take the body over and over, and I think that would be as effective as anything our current coaches preach.

really. we know squat about the coaching ability of any of these assistants. we give the one guy credit for the pp so we don't give it to oates, but Johansson and Kolzig are tagged as failures.

we know Prior quit or was fired because he refused to coach Oates program. Calle is coaching Oates program. That he is doing as told doesn't mean he cant coach. It doesn't mean that he can coach either. It just means that he is coaching a failed system.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I'd like May to star as Spock in the next Star Trek movie.

More like a Romulan.

images

images

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I would like May replacing Laughlin.

I could live with that altho who would we get to replace May? I think he does an excellent job in the studio analyzing.

Besides I would miss Locker. I like his analysis and the fact that he is a big fan but not a complete homer. He clearly does his research on the opposing team.

I hope the house cleaning spares all the voices/broadcasters etc.

But I have a soft spot. I grew up watching Laughlin and May play for the Caps, Koken do the color commentary etc.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
I like Laughlin and JoeB, they have a nice dynamic together and Laughlin is a total homer but a solid color guy. He says some dumb stuff every now and again though.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I like Laughlin and JoeB, they have a nice dynamic together and Laughlin is a total homer but a solid color guy. He says some dumb stuff every now and again though.

I really like our tv and radio guys as they are currently arranged. Joe B. is very good, likewise Walton and May in his between the benches/in studio role.

And I don't think Locker is a total homer. He gives them a long rope, but he criticizes too, and he takes an honest view of opponents. He obviously loves hockey generally and is committed to growing the game in DC.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
And I don't think Locker is a total homer. He gives them a long rope, but he criticizes too, and he takes an honest view of opponents. He obviously loves hockey generally and is committed to growing the game in DC.
Yeah, I don't mean to suggest he's awful or a blind homer or anything, just that he's obviously biased towards the Caps as one might expect. I love the guy. He gives other teams their due when it's warranted but to take one example when you're comparing Tom Wilson to Wendel Clark before he's proven anything it's hard to take him seriously at times.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Here is some reason for optimism:

– Odds to get overall #1 draft pick determined by 2013-14 regular season point totals:

Buffalo Sabres – 25.0%
Florida Panthers – 18.8%
Edmonton Oilers – 14.2%
Calgary Flames – 10.7%
New York Islanders – 8.1%
Vancouver Canucks – 6.2%
Carolina Hurricanes – 4.7%
Toronto Maple Leafs – 3.6%
Winnipeg Jets – 2.7%
Anaheim Ducks (from Ottawa) – 2.1%
New Jersey Devils – 1.5%
Nashville Predators – 1.1%
Phoenix Coyotes – 0.8%
Washington Capitals – 0.5%

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...rs-have-best-odds-for-2014-nhl-draft-lottery/

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
The Devils balls should just be eliminated. Are they? If not I hope they win it.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Caps are going to win it wait and see :laugh:.

I had that exact same vision this morning...that would be crazy.

But realistically I expect the devils to win, then a redraw which will find one of the top 3 teams take it.

Devils fans will moan and groan and Lou will cry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad