Post-Game Talk: The one where Tardigrade81 gets married and still got shutout just like the KNIGHTS.

Are the Oilers actually a top tier team under Woodcroft?

• Total voters

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I feel for Sabre fans. I think every Oiler fan knows what they are going through. I’m glad they seem to have benefited from the trade. At the time I thought they got fleeced.

Vegas did this trade with a clear attempt to ride Eichel to the playoffs and then activate Stone + for the playoffs. I think the whole league is glad it might blow up in their face. I wonder what star player they will blind side trade if they miss the playoffs.
Would the player be Eichel?

Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Where's all the people that wanted to run with Skinner and throw Smith to the curb? Kudos to Woody for having faith that a healthy Smith would be their ticket to salvation.;)
Hey I’m one of them. I don’t understand how a 40 year old smith is turning around so well, but I love it and respect it. Just keep it going smitty, one more month of good hockey..

I honestly thought he was injured, like I’m even wondering in the back of my mind if they let him take roids to recover from an injury or something lol, not to detract from what he’s doing it’s just so incredible it doesn’t even make sense. Either way, huge respect to the old vet, hope he’s ready to go all the way and realize his dream

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Would the player be Eichel?
1650228357884.gif

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Good win, started a bit slow, but not totally discombobulated as they would be for afternoon games under Tippett (yikes).

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Fair enough man. As long as you’re happy!! I personally think marriage is over blown anyway. I’m happy with the wedding, but I know many couples that aren’t married and are super happy.

Except the one couple I know, his girlfriend is a Canadiens fan. Pretty sickening.
A good wedding is the mother of all parties though, no reason not to have a great time. And you know you’ll get lucky by the end of the party.

Congrats!

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Great win, dominated again in all areas of the ice. Love how well the players support each other in every zone.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
That was certainly an issue too. It was like he was refusing to play the guys Chiarelli was bringing in.

Yeah it was pretty obvious that Chiarelli and McLellan were never on the same page.

I have no idea whos more at fault though. I think Chiarelli is arrogant and McLellan is stubborn.

I dont think McLellan is a good coach for a young team though. As much as this year is a success for the Kings, for a team that has a lot of young top prospects, he hasnt helped them much.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Hey I’m one of them. I don’t understand how a 40 year old smith is turning around so well, but I love it and respect it. Just keep it going smitty, one more month of good hockey..

I honestly thought he was injured, like I’m even wondering in the back of my mind if they let him take roids to recover from an injury or something lol, not to detract from what he’s doing it’s just so incredible it doesn’t even make sense. Either way, huge respect to the old vet, hope he’s ready to go all the way and realize his dream
After about 29 every player has to have the same mentality. One more month, one more month. Pretty much the reason I don’t have any hips that work any more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad