Post-Game Talk: The one where Tardigrade81 gets married and still got shutout just like the KNIGHTS.

Are the Oilers actually a top tier team under Woodcroft?

• Total voters

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
No sir!
Who knows if she would even say yes now.
Fair enough man. As long as you’re happy!! I personally think marriage is over blown anyway. I’m happy with the wedding, but I know many couples that aren’t married and are super happy.

Except the one couple I know, his girlfriend is a Canadiens fan. Pretty sickening.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
And when was the last time Oilers had a 9 game he won streak? Never?
Point is that you don't need to pick n choose stats to make a claim. Oilers are good even with that losing streak.. many if not all good teams go through struggles and adjust to get better
I do get what you are saying. A 9 game home streak was a franchise record I think.

Last edited:

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
1650221613405.png

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Happy Sunday Oiler nation!!!! I’m a little hung over this morning. Local sports store beside us here in Moose Jaw. Think a new Oilers hat is on the menu

View attachment 532116
Awesome pic, thanks for sharing! And again Congrats to both of you. I also take it that Leah said NO to the Oilers themed wedding by looking at the pic. Prolly a good thing.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I heard the bigger issue with McCllelan was that he was not listening or agreeing with his GM at the time.
Sadly, Todd was (probably) right but you will always lose that argument with the boss. But look on the bright side, without him being fired we wouldn’t have gotten to experience even more mind numbing bad hockey with Ken “squeaky”Hitchcock. Almost the start of the decade of darkness part 2

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Fair enough man. As long as you’re happy!! I personally think marriage is over blown anyway. I’m happy with the wedding, but I know many couples that aren’t married and are super happy.

Except the one couple I know, his girlfriend is a Canadiens fan. Pretty sickening.
No amount of marriage counselling would fix that.

• Haha
Reactions: tardigrade81

forlecious commander

Apr 11, 2022
I take the trip to Vegas boards . Not much action there . Reading some of their post is like a try not to laugh competition .

My son in law and my little buddy .

what i want to know is will that fan base still support them when they r losing or will they go like the Coyotes. They have no draft picks upcoming so i see a slide

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Canucks are going to pass Vegas and LA for the 3rd spot in the Pacific. Book it.

That'll be an interesting series if it comes true, Canucks are on fire and have excellent goaltending and forward depth. I'd think McDrai have a field day against them on the other side.

Nah. LA has too easy of schedule remaining. They literally shouldn’t lose another game this year. Meanwhile, Vancouver only has 2 games left against opponents below them in the standings. LA is getting in.

sign woodcroft to an extension soon Ken

Meh. When’s the last time a coach bailed on a 100+ point team that wanted to keep them? What happens if we crap the bed in the playoffs and Trotz doesn’t sign an extension in Long Island? Wouldn’t you have to consider your options?

I heard the bigger issue with McCllelan was that he was not listening or agreeing with his GM at the time.

In the sense that he was the one who kept demanding we not trade Strome…

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Thanks brother! We went to Moose Jaw for the night. We are doing an official honeymoon in October. Going to Toronto to see the Sox! They have a three game series against toronto.

Chances of eating garbage food and making myself sick. 100 percent

This sounds like a recipe for child number 2 being born in the summer of '23

• Haha

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT

Could be worse!! Atleast they arent Laughs fans or God forbid...... Lames fans.

But on the flip side, you'll always have someone to point n laugh at if they were.

• Haha

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

Since Eichel debuted for Vegas, the Knights and Sabers have nearly identical records.
I feel for Sabre fans. I think every Oiler fan knows what they are going through. I’m glad they seem to have benefited from the trade. At the time I thought they got fleeced.

Vegas did this trade with a clear attempt to ride Eichel to the playoffs and then activate Stone + for the playoffs. I think the whole league is glad it might blow up in their face. I wonder what star player they will blind side trade if they miss the playoffs.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I feel for Sabre fans. I think every Oiler fan knows what they are going through. I’m glad they seem to have benefited from the trade. At the time I thought they got fleeced.

Vegas did this trade with a clear attempt to ride Eichel to the playoffs and then activate Stone + for the playoffs. I think the whole league is glad it might blow up in their face. I wonder what star player they will blind side trade if they miss the playoffs.

I hope that after they do that blindside trade, they try to bring in another player with an NMC and they refuse to waive. The reasons won’t be the team’s location, that’s for sure

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad