Speculation: The One Kadri Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
Will he finish his NHL career as a Leaf?

I really hope he stays home. I want to see him and Rielly play together for the Toronto Maple Leafs for the next decade!!

mikebel111*

THIS. I wasn't on the boards either but I was always and still am a huge kadri supporter. Especially in his first call up, what sold me the most was his heart. He kept getting knocked down and fell a lot but he kept getting back up and didn't stop his drive. Loved him since then!

And yeah, I've been watching his hat trick several times everyday:laugh:

I can't get sick of it, just gets me hyped up all over again :D And in the process I watch his two assists in philly, amd that leads to me watching his goal against the sabres last season (freakin loved it). Before I know it I'm watching his videos for an hour:laugh: Can't get sick of him.

Always loved this kid, has a ton of skill and heart. I knew he would be good, just needed time. I love watching his highlights and not just the Isles game. I watch many highlights and am really happy he is delivering on his potential

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
Everyone loves Naz right now, and I'm not doubting anyone in particular, but let's hope all his new supporters will still be supporters when he inevitably hits a rough patch. Our fan base is quick to throw a player under the bus when he's struggling no matter how much success he's shown in the past (see Kessel, Phil).

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Everyone loves Naz right now, and I'm not doubting anyone in particular, but let's hope all his new supporters will still be supporters when he inevitably hits a rough patch. Our fan base is quick to throw a player under the bus when he's struggling no matter how much success he's shown in the past (see Kessel, Phil).

Sadly, this is true about leafs fan.

Let's just hope that if Kadri does hit a rough patch, it doesn't last very long and that he somehow makes up for it (like he did in the beginning of the season with the AHL this year).

leafspring*

Keep your expectations in check and enjoy watching our homegrown skill player is my suggestion to everyone. Rielly is the next one that will generate the spotlight for the leafs. I was looking at Seth Jones sitting with 2 points more than Morgan.Jones has played 2 more games,and plays for a powerhouse Portland Winterhawks.

Portland has scored the most goals in the WHL 299. Rielly's Moosejaw Warriors have scored only 162 goals,and sit top 5 worst teams in the WHL. Its a young warriors team though.

He is the best offensive defenseman in the whl easily,and maybe the country. We are going to have to reel in expectations for him also though for a few years of developement. Kadri/Rielly will be stars later on no doubt.

Leaf_Crazy

Jan 22, 2003
Toronto
Keep your expectations in check and enjoy watching our homegrown skill player is my suggestion to everyone. Rielly is the next one that will generate the spotlight for the leafs. I was looking at Seth Jones sitting with 2 points more than Morgan.Jones has played 2 more games,and plays for a powerhouse Portland Winterhawks.

Portland has scored the most goals in the WHL 299. Rielly's Moosejaw Warriors have scored only 162 goals,and sit top 5 worst teams in the WHL. Its a young warriors team though.

He is the best offensive defenseman in the whl easily,and maybe the country. We are going to have to reel in expectations for him also though for a few years of developement. Kadri/Rielly will be stars later on no doubt.

Seth Jones is going to be an absolute stud defensively too though.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
And he's a good year younger. Still, no one is doubting Rielly is an elite talent

Well 7 months younger and still a '94 like Rielly if we are being specific. Plus Rielly is currently tied with him in points while playing 2 less games. But Jones has the size, reach and physicality advantage which separates him. But Rielly is, at the very least, on par with him offensively.

Leaf_Crazy

Jan 22, 2003
Toronto
Well 7 months younger and still a '94 like Rielly if we are being specific. Plus Rielly is currently tied with him in points while playing 2 less games. But Jones has the size, reach and physicality advantage which separates him. But Rielly is, at the very least, on par with him offensively.

Absolutely.

Jones is going to dominate games though.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Percentage of Team Goals contributed to:

S.Jones: 18.7%
M.Rielly: 29.3%

Jones plays on an absolutely stacked offensive team - top scoring team in the W with 299 goals, 15 goals up on 2nd place, 45 goals up on third best.

Rielly plays on a horrible team, 3rd worst offensive team in the W with 167 goals, only 16 goals up on worst.

I think you'll find that Rielly's offense is much more impressive than Jones'.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Kadri's getting a bit cocky on twitter after scoring the HT, theres a picture of saying "Another Killer in Toronto" (hints at DG) and then proceeds to THANK him. I'm sorry but as good as Kadri has been this year, he needs to get over himself because he is NOT Gilmour 2.0, kid needs to take several seats if you ask me.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Kadri's getting a bit cocky on twitter after scoring the HT, theres a picture of saying "Another Killer in Toronto" (hints at DG) and then proceeds to THANK him. I'm sorry but as good as Kadri has been this year, he needs to get over himself because he is NOT Gilmour 2.0, kid needs to take several seats if you ask me.

Guess we can ignore the fact that Gilmour replied to him, which is prolly why he thanked him.

Doug Gilmour ‏@Gilmour_93
"@43_Kadri: I Don't mind this one bit killer! @Gilmour_93 pic.twitter.com/9OsqODeLbO" you're the best...keep it up

I think this was already posted here. But it was a joke. Im pretty sure Carlyle is making sure he keeps a level head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad