OT: The Olympics

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Women's golf coming down to the wire.

American Nelly Korda came into the round with a 3 stroke lead. Has shot a -2 on the day, but Japanese golfer Mone Inami is -7 under and tied with her at -17 with both on the 18th hole. Korda is on the final group and Inami is on the group ahead. Altho they are both on the same hole because they went into a 'delay' for potential storms coming in that didn't happen I guess.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Inami bogeyed the 18th.

Korda parred the whole and won the gold by 1 stroke.
Two are tied at -16 so they will play a playoff to decide silver/bronze.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Kyle Snyder can’t beat Abdulrashid Sadulaev, even after betraying tOSU for PSU.

Still, Team USA had 5 men’s freestyle wrestlers and 5 medals—2G, S, 2B. Shame they were unable to qualify 65kg for the tournament; Yianni Diakomihalis is probably capable of medaling in this competition.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Guy who kicked him was disqualified for the kick being illegal.

I don’t know karate rules.

So it's how Karate Kid should have really ended? :sarcasm:

Anyway. It looked like bullshit to me and that the guy who went down was losing 4-1. He took the opportunity to 'soccer injury' that shit and get awarded the win.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
So it's how Karate Kid should have really ended? :sarcasm:

Anyway. It looked like bullshit to me and that the guy who went down was losing 4-1. He took the opportunity to 'soccer injury' that shit and get awarded the win.

Looked like he was out. I’m not sure who’d be able to duck into a brain injury

Reactions: kudymen

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Reuters says it was an illegal “unchecked attack”.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
see ...so Daniel was the bad guy

giphy.gif

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
The US Women's volleyball defeats Brazil in three straight sets to win the gold medal and put the US ahead of China in the Gold Medal count by 1.
China currently has a female boxer fighting in a gold medal match.
The US has a super heavyweight male boxer fighting in the match afterwards for a gold medal.

Coming down to the last events to see if one country can come out on-top of the gold medal count. Best China can do is a tie.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Lauren Price of Great Britain defeated her Chinese opponent in the women's gold medal boxing match. The loss means the US will leave the Tokyo Olympics with the most gold medals.

Final US athlete competing will be Richard Torrez attempting to win the first gold medal for the US men in boxing since 2004 and the first Super Heavyweight gold medal since 1984.

The US boxer is a significant underdog as the opponent is a PROFESSIONAL boxer Bakhodir Jalolov from Uzbekistan who is 8-0 already as a professional with 6 of those fights in the US and is 5 years older.

Last edited:

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Wow. This Uzbekistani boxer has a massive height advantage. He's gotta be like a half-foot taller than the American. Who actually managed to win the first round (3 judges for him, 2 for the Uzbekistani)

Uzbekistani boxer is dominating round 2. American can't get close enough with the reach/height difference and has a cut on his eye.

Uzbekistani boxer won the 2nd and 3rd and the gold medal. US men boxing gold medal drought continues. A really good effort from a young boxer who was just outmatched both by experience and size to a pro boxer.

Last edited:

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I see the daughter of Australin Open winner (and Roland Garros runner up), Petr Korda (CZ), has won the golfing competition... US, gimme that medal pls. :laugh:
Seriously though, what a talented girl (and family)

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I suspect we will pick up a gold in the 100m at least. Jacobs career arc is suspicious, and in that event someone coming out of nowhere is often a sign of roiding.

I wonder if the Italian team recently hired a new trainer, doctor, or chef who has yielded powerful results.
It's all the pizza

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I see the daughter of Australin Open winner (and Roland Garros runner up), Petr Korda (CZ), has won the golfing competition... US, gimme that medal pls. :laugh:
Seriously though, what a talented girl (and family)
Her sister also competed in golf at the Olympics and her brother made it to the quarterfinals of Wimbledon this year. Quite the genes in that family tree

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
I don't watch the olympics much these days, since they made it basically just another pro sports league. But they have wall climbing as an olympic sport? LOL

Reactions: Devonator

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3