OT: The Olympics

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Agreed. I have watched more of both types of volleyball than anything else. It also helps that I used to play in some good rec leagues in Nj. Of course it wasnt high level since I am 6ft and suffer from white man's disease.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Well, I did it with timing and position. The real difference is in competitive volleyball, anything you you used to think was clean is a carry. Spikes have to be closed fists or off the heal of the hand. Cannot cup your hand. Digs have to have hands together or one hand. Took a lot to learn that

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
I can't believe that nobody has mentioned that run in the marathon by Molly Seidel today. Amazing performance! Reading a little of her recent history makes it more impressive. Struggled with bulimia, had injury issues (broken sacrum and a pelvis issue that required a bone graft), and almost quit running two years ago.

Her post-race interview was great too. Said she just stuck her nose up where it didn't belong (the front pack), laughed at her coach when he told her to bring her medal uniform when leaving the hotel in the morning, and, when seeing the viewing party back home, told everyone, "Please drink a beer for me!" Fantastic run for her!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad