The Oilers WILL take RNH First Overall

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
In that intermission show with all the Oilers prospects at that restaurant, Nugent-Hopkins looked smaller than I would have expected. He's gonna have to be as elusive as a ninja in the NHL to evade injuries. Sure there are shorter players in the league but I don't know if there are any that slender.

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
He's much more physical then you'd think and such a pest defensively. He really is like Datsyuk, always chasing you down and stick lifting opponents.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Jason Gregor talked about a conversation he had with Curtis Hamilton about the game. When asked about that first chance he had where RNH was behind the net and through out front...Hamilton said that he just called to RNH so he knew he was in front of the net. He never actually thought he'd get the puck right on his stick in that moment and it did come to him almost instantly.

No doubt that whoever he plays with, there will be an adjustment period because the kid makes passes with precision accuracy that most wouldn't expect.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Kid's a stud for sure, but I want him to start shooting the puck. Right now, he reminds me of the Hemsky of 05/06, just always looking to pass and being unselfish. He has an amazing shot, hopefully he uses it a lot more.

And that pass was world class. It literally seemed like he had eyes at the back of his head. Can't wait when those passes start going to Hall or Ebs.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I've never seen the HF staff give such generous grades in my life. And it makes it very difficult to compare this year to previous drafts. It seems that 8.0 C is the standard grade for most first rounders which is pretty high imo. Id like to see more D's and B's being used. For instance instead of having RNH 8.5 c, i could see him as a 9 D. That grade shows his high end potential while also taking into consideration the possibility he might not reach that potential. Same with Huberdeau, I think he deserves a 9 D or a 8.5 D. Landeskog I could see more as a 7.5 A.

Usually HF is very conservative with grades, but this year, in a supposedly weak class they have been quite generous.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
I've never seen the HF staff give such generous grades in my life. And it makes it very difficult to compare this year to previous drafts. It seems that 8.0 C is the standard grade for most first rounders which is pretty high imo. Id like to see more D's and B's being used. For instance instead of having RNH 8.5 c, i could see him as a 9 D. That grade shows his high end potential while also taking into consideration the possibility he might not reach that potential. Same with Huberdeau, I think he deserves a 9 D or a 8.5 D. Landeskog I could see more as a 7.5 A.

Usually HF is very conservative with grades, but this year, in a supposedly weak class they have been quite generous.

Good post, although Landeskog at 7.5 A is likely selling his potential short.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I don't why but I get PM Bouchard vibes from RNH if he doesn't pan out.

Bouchard is underrated and if it wasn't for his concussion problems, and the fact that he played on a very defensive team early in his career...he would be near a PPG guy IMO.

massivegoonery

Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
Kid's a stud for sure, but I want him to start shooting the puck. Right now, he reminds me of the Hemsky of 05/06, just always looking to pass and being unselfish. He has an amazing shot, hopefully he uses it a lot more.

And that pass was world class. It literally seemed like he had eyes at the back of his head. Can't wait when those passes start going to Hall or Ebs.

Sounds like Pat Kane about this time of the year in 2007.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad