The Oilers WILL take RNH First Overall

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
So Bob McKenzie saying that the Oilers are 50/50 between RNH and Larsson means that he doesn't know what he's talking about?

He never said 50/50 IIRC. He just said that there is some debate. There likely is but it's also likely that it's 80/20 in favour of RNH.

jebs

Mar 4, 2011
So Bob McKenzie saying that the Oilers are 50/50 between RNH and Larsson means that he doesn't know what he's talking about?

Yah, cause the Oilers would tell a journalist which way they were swaying... :shakehead

All Bob said was that Tambellini spoke highly of Larsson..

On the other hand, the Oilers head scout called Larsson a probable #2 D.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Yah, cause the Oilers would tell a journalist which way they were swaying... :shakehead

All Bob said was that Tambellini spoke highly of Larsson..

On the other hand, the Oilers head scout called Larsson a probable #2 D.

Yah, because the head scout would say what he really, truly thinks....(to the media)

See, I can do it too! :)

Last edited:

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Yah, because the head scout would say what he really, truly thinks....

See, I can do it too! :)

i-see-what-you-did-there-lost-john-locke-demotivational-poster-1238833730.jpg

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Oilers are gonna draft Larsson number 1.

Then trade to draft RNH at number 2 as well :sarcasm:

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
He might not say what he really thinks, but he is saying what he wants Edmonton fans to hear.

Stu? No, he's saying what he thinks.

The only thing he won't do is dismiss a prospect entirely. He'll leave it as open as possible, but unfortunately this year he projected a few guys for Oilers Nation and it left little mystery as to who he favors.

Tambellini on the other hand will be as vague and non-confirmatory as possible.

Last edited:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Oilers brass has reportedly been swayed by Pierre McGuire.

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
Swear to god I'm not making this up at the beginning of last years regular season their was a poll Q "will go 1st overall?", It was between SC, RNH and can't remember the other player and I said RNH.

crashman

so when the Oilers are competing for the cup in a couple years, is everyone going to be talking about how great a franchise they are for drafting all these great players? kinda like a couple other teams that I won't name.

Angelus*

so when the Oilers are competing for the cup in a couple years, is everyone going to be talking about how great a franchise they are for drafting all these great players? kinda like a couple other teams that I won't name.

If they are (and that's a big if) then I would expect a lot of people crying "tankers!" but mostly from western Canada.

It's always interesting to me when other fans think the Oilers could be competing for a cup in a few years, like you. tbh I don't see it but it's probably because I'm a fan of this circus team?

ItsTheBGB

Borusse!!
Aug 30, 2010
Edmonton, AB
If they are (and that's a big if) then I would expect a lot of people crying "tankers!" but mostly from western Canada.

It's always interesting to me when other fans think the Oilers could be competing for a cup in a few years, like you. tbh I don't see it but it's probably because I'm a fan of this circus team?

I think it all hinges on this off season. If we trade or sign for a top 4 Dman and get Zenon Konopka and get Smyttie and another bottom 6 player we could compete for playoffs. We would have to start Dubnyk 60 games though...

R S

Sep 18, 2006
The kid really looks to have grown his frame and his game over the summer. He actually looks a solid inch bigger and a large number of pounds. The best thing is that it doesn't look to have affected his speed or shiftiness at all.

Glad that some people seem to be coming around on him after seeing his vision and passing ability in last night's game on Sportsnet.

Kershaw

I watched the game on the Oilers site today and RNH was a men amongst boys out there. He never got nailed once and dished his own hits. His evasiveness and hockey smarts may find himself a roster spot.

Tavaresmagicalplay*

I watched the game on the Oilers site today and RNH was a men amongst boys out there. He never got nailed once and dished his own hits. His evasiveness and hockey smarts may find himself a roster spot.

Yeppers. Some of his passes were MIND BOTTLING

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The kid really looks to have grown his frame and his game over the summer. He actually looks a solid inch bigger and a large number of pounds. The best thing is that it doesn't look to have affected his speed or shiftiness at all.

Glad that some people seem to be coming around on him after seeing his vision and passing ability in last night's game on Sportsnet.

I'm looking forward to seeing him through camp, both him and Lander could make the Oilers management make some tough decisions.

Yeppers. Some of his passes were MIND BOTTLING

That sounds more dangerous than mind boggling ;) That said the kid puts the puck on his linemates sticks through defenders and does so with almost no room for error.

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
Jason Gregor talked about a conversation he had with Curtis Hamilton about the game. When asked about that first chance he had where RNH was behind the net and through out front...Hamilton said that he just called to RNH so he knew he was in front of the net. He never actually thought he'd get the puck right on his stick in that moment and it did come to him almost instantly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad