The Oilers cannot score when McDavid isn't involved

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Oilers could sure use someone like Panarin right now too play besides McDavid.

Too bad there's a 0% chance of him re-signing in Edmonton though

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Maybe but no way Columbus would have taken him. It seems Jarmo knew something and was totally against drafting him.

Yup I remember there were some reports a couple days before the draft saying Columbus was open to moving the 3rd pick. A lot of people including me thought it was just a bluff, maybe to see if they could get a kings ransoms for the 3rd pick since it was the “big 3” draft. Turns out they stuck with their gut and took PLD (great pick). I think a lot of teams would of taken Puljujarvi at 4, which at the time was the most logical thing to do.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Even the Cleveland Browns figured out how to be better and be relevant again.

Oilers have gots to be the biggest joke franchise in all of sports now. Just a laughingstock

Mcdavid deserves better. Wouldnt surprise me if he asks for a trade as im sure he wants a better legacy than this. He can score all he wants but if they keep turding it up every year then he will.never be compared to the Crosbys and Gretzkys of history

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Yup I remember there were some reports a couple days before the draft saying Columbus was open to moving the 3rd pick. A lot of people including me thought it was just a bluff, maybe to see if they could get a kings ransoms for the 3rd pick since it was the “big 3” draft. Turns out they stuck with their gut and took PLD (great pick). I think a lot of teams would of taken Puljujarvi at 4, which at the time was the most logical thing to do.
Prior to the draft Jarmo was asked what he thought about Matthews, Laine, and Puljujarvi to which he responded "Matthews and Laine are incredibly talented players."

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Imagine they kept Hall and traded for R.O.R and Skinner. It's all about trade management. I prefer drafting talent over trading for it; but when you are burning years of McDavid you go out and find talent even if you are trading top picks.

RNH-McDavid-Skinner
Hall-O'Rielly-Lucic

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Imagine they kept Hall and traded for R.O.R and Skinner. It's all about trade management. I prefer drafting talent over trading for it; but when you are burning years of McDavid you go out and find talent even if you are trading top picks.

RNH-McDavid-Skinner
Hall-O'Rielly-Lucic

Lmao , why not trade for a Dman so ECHLers like Matt Benning isnt on the roster.

And its official...Darnell Nurse is a Bust. I dont see anything more than a 5-6 dman out of him but the Oilers keep forcing him to be 2-3.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
This is what a team looks like when a GM gets a bunch of slow low-skill players and a coach thinks it's 1995 and has them dumping and chasing every single possession.

If I had a roster of slow, low skill, players I would dump and chase too.

Reactions: DaveG

Luminiferous

Oct 11, 2018
Outside of the money he makes, I feel bad for McDavid and most Oilers fans. What a damn shame. I never expected such a tire fire surrounding one of the great ones. Really makes you harbor disdain towards bad management groups. There is just no excuse for this state of trash.

Reactions: 780il

Angry Hockey Dad

Eat up Johnny
May 30, 2013
Canada
Stop kicking us when we are down. Its been a generation of suck and we kept supporting this tire fire. No hockey fans deserve this level of punishment. None.

I honestly feel bad for the fanbase. They've endured one hell of a decade and still remain one of the most passionate.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Oilers could sure use someone like Panarin right now too play besides McDavid.

Too bad there's a 0% chance of him re-signing in Edmonton though

Oilers could use any semblance of talent at any position, too bad Chia would just trade it away for beans.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Lol @ everyone saying its MacLellan or Benning. Get Babcock to coach this team and it still would be ****.

Bottom line is Chiarelli gave away all the "expendable" pieces and still hasn't fixed the D. Traded Hall + 1st + 2nd for Larsson + Reinhart. And then signed Lucic to SEVEN YEARS. THAT IS THE PROBLEM. NOT MacLellan, NOT Benning, NOT Draisaitl.

Who the **** cares about Matt Benning? A measley <2m contract just ****ing waive him. Draisaitl's overpaid but at least he can score on McDavid's wing (unlike Lucic). He also produced when he centred Hall (although they kinda ran out of gas at the end of that season).

CHIARELLI is the ONLY PROBLEM.

Because Babcock is such a genius.

He’s one the better coaches in the league but he’s been knocked out more times in the first round then the Minnesota wild.

Reactions: DownGoesMcDavid

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Even the Cleveland Browns figured out how to be better and be relevant again.

Oilers have gots to be the biggest joke franchise in all of sports now. Just a laughingstock

Mcdavid deserves better. Wouldnt surprise me if he asks for a trade as im sure he wants a better legacy than this. He can score all he wants but if they keep turding it up every year then he will.never be compared to the Crosbys and Gretzkys of history

it’s been two games. Might as well not play the next 80.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
its 2 games and maybe they are jet lagged. Bruins is no easy task too. season is early.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad