The Oilers cannot score when McDavid isn't involved

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I mean look at the roster they're icing.. Rattie, Yamamoto, Cagguila, Benning, Rieder, Kassian, R. Strome, Khaira... I can genuinely say I wouldn't want one of these players on the Bruins, maybe Khaira but that's about it.

Add to that the Pulju barely looks like an NHLer at this point and you have another season of failure incoming.
Yamamoto? He was drafted 22nd a year ago. You really dont know what you're talking about lol.

Bonzo111

Leafs Fan
Oct 31, 2017
Canaderp
Everyone is writing off the Oilers and a large part of the fan base is screaming because this feels like game 84 of the 2017 season. Zero offense beyond McDavid, horrible PP, horrible PK, and an awful hole on second pairing D, were all huge problems last year and they are still on full display now. Talbot inexplicably allowed a goal on the first shot of the game 14, yes 14, times. Guess what happened on the very first shot of this season. Chiarelli has squandered assets and cap space to the point that there are no quick fixes available. Most of last years failed roster is still here. Wtf do we do? Panic and despair are justified.
I hear you. All they can do is play their way out of it.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
You'd be delusional to not take a guy that was drafted in the first round a year ago (and is trending well) for free.
In the organization sure.

But he said "on the bruins" and I take that to mean on the team.

The Mentalist

Jun 29, 2018
Just imagine if Oilers had drafted Rielly over Yakupov, drafted Sergachev or Tkachuk over Poolparty. Still had Hall on their team with Barzal.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Yamamoto? He was drafted 22nd a year ago. You really dont know what you're talking about lol.

And he shouldn't be in the NHL right now, he doesn't look good, maybe he will be a player in the future but not now. How many points do you think he scores this year if he's in your top 6 the whole year? 30 maybe?

He wouldn't be on the team, he would be in the organization, there is a distinct difference between the two.

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
Next in line:

Messier as GM (I think he's currently with the Oilers management in some capacity)
MacTavish as interm-coach (he's currently VP of Ops)

Even if they fire Chiarelli and McLellan, their replacements will have a connection with the Hockey Canada/80s Dynasty friends, and won't be hired entirely on merit.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Next in line:

Messier as GM (I think he's currently with the Oilers management in some capacity)
MacTavish as interm-coach (he's currently VP of Ops)
The sad part is, MacTavish kept a pretty average roster competitive and in the playoff race most of his years as coach, it might not be a downgrade to be honest.

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
What a pathetic team. Wasting McDavid's best years. It's a shame, really. Dude would probably hit 120+ points a year with a half decent supporting cast. The GM is an idiot. Why did he trade Hall again?

Reactions: Finesse

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
He's going to want to leave within 2-3 years; he even looks disinterested on the ice...
Dont start myths. McDavid has yet to take a night off, including early last season when he had dropped 15lbs from an epic flu. No argument about him possibly wanting out eventually.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
What a pathetic team. Wasting McDavid's best years. It's a shame, really. Dude would probably hit 120+ points a year with a half decent supporting cast. The GM is an idiot. Why did he trade Hall again?
Can't talk about that here.

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
Next year, Bettman should throw in a few extra Oiler lotto balls in the spinner - just for sympathy.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
They just can't seem to gel.....ever.

goaltending has been off for 20 months too.

no that there isn't a reason to fold and start playing basketball instead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad