The offseason for Jake Gardiner

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
He will sign a lucrative multi-season contract with another team and that team (and fans, if it's an okay hockey market) in December will be saying: "What were we thinking?"

Hclass47

Apr 28, 2018
Wished he was healthy for the playoff run. He was a shell of himself all series. Who knows if he ever recovers. He certainly had enough gaffes to last a lifetime but He battled right to the end. Good luck Jake wherever you land

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
Jake is not a bad player, but I realize now that he is pedestrian and does not have that energy that wins playoff games. look at reilly in game 6 and look at jake who is impacting the ice

gardiner just looks flaccid out there pretty skating and drop passes

Reactions: Kurtz

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
Jake is a good kid and we dont kick somebody who is down.
Are you even real?
That PANEL AND EVERY IDIOT KILLED WILLIAM NYLANDER FOR ONE MISSCOM MISTAKE
ONE MISTAKE.
GO f*** YOURSELVES
JAKE GARDINER HAD 3 GAME7S WHERE HE COST AT LEAST 2 GOALS/GAME.

Reactions: 93WrapAround

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Dubas when he sees Gardiner's agent.

tenor.gif

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Slept on it. Jake was fine for being 70%, he didn't have the mobility and made a bad play that was magnified by our team that was standing still in the Dzone.

Hope he is able to get back to 100% and we can sign him for 4.5 to 5m

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Nah, that's fake. Dermott got the ball rolling twice in a row. The rest of the team were standing around for two games not defending. If they were doing their job the time and space would not have been afforded to them. Combine that with Babs strange roster decisions and some questionable officiating and that's that.

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
Babcock confirms, Gardiner was playing injured.

Makes it a little more painful that Leafs don't have the depth in the back end. This team if in full force and healthy, probably gets by the Bruins in 6.

While injuries sometime affect a player's ability Jake's problems last night were not his back. He has momentary lapse in judgement when he makes plays we've all been taught NOT to do since Pee Wee.
I wish him well, he had his moments as a Leaf, but he'll be remembered for the 3 game 7's he was apart of against the Bruins.

In 3 of those he was a combined -10, with 0 goals and 2 assists. Utterly terrible.

Reactions: 93WrapAround

BlueStorm

Aug 14, 2010
Halifax
I still say he was a double agent. That back pass off the boards in front of his own net last night...Gretzky couldn't have done that.

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
The only positive so far to take out of all this is that I’ll never have to see this bum attempt to play defense again. God he is trash in pressure situations

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Live commentators pulled out some stat like -10 in all three of the game 7 TML loses to the Bruins. Why the F#*% is this guy playing? Second, why is the media even concerned about this guy and the we won’t be able to sign him..... Really why on earth would we want to sign this guy?

He had been progressively getting worse as the series dragged on and yesterday was the cherry on top. He should have been stapled to the bench.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
In three
-8 career in game 7 which according to Sportsnet, is the lowest of all time.

He should not come back at all.
Where are all the 'Jake the mistake' fanboys this morning?

Mike in Buffalo says Gardiner is -10 in game sevens

I rest my case...

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
While injuries sometime affect a player's ability Jake's problems last night were not his back. He has momentary lapse in judgement when he makes plays we've all been taught NOT to do since Pee Wee.
I wish him well, he had his moments as a Leaf, but he'll be remembered for the 3 game 7's he was apart of against the Bruins.

In 3 of those he was a combined -10, with 0 goals and 2 assists. Utterly terrible.
But he was injured last night. Don't you know?....lmfao

LoveRealHockey

Sep 13, 2010
Jake is a good kid and we dont kick somebody who is down.
Are you even real?
That PANEL AND EVERY IDIOT KILLED WILLIAM NYLANDER FOR ONE MISSCOM MISTAKE
ONE MISTAKE.
GO **** YOURSELVES
JAKE GARDINER HAD 3 GAME7S WHERE HE COST AT LEAST 2 GOALS/GAME.
To be complete, he was the player that passed to Bergeron for the OT win in the 1st game 7. -5 and was the direct cause of the breakdown in last year's Game 7. Caused the 2nd goal with a giveway in the 3rd Game 7. I'm sure he's a good guy (nothing personal) but he has always been a weak defender. People loved his skating.......but if he was injured and clearly not able to break out like he's capable of and was already a bad defensive dman, why was he out there? I guess we have no on in the pipeline. A healthy alternative like Holl would not have been worse, and may have helped out with the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad