The Official Team Canada/Ice Hockey Olympics Thread - VI - The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I have decided I want Canada to win gold. I'd like to see you guys be happy.

I'd also like to see the reaction on the main boards to Mike Smith being an Olympic gold medalist.

Also, because Sweden sucks. I'm 1/8 Norwegian after all.

keep-calm-and-hate-sweden.png

Well, I am fully on the side of Team Sweden. They turn me on when they play because they play the game the right way in most areas, with the exception of fighting, and I will not stand for yet another Canadian victory.

(I'm 100% hetero IRL)

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
Great game from Price and the whole team in general.

Must be a lot more fun playing behind the D he has now vs. slugs like Murray and Boullion.

Looks real tight and compact out there.

Lets get the Gold boys!

Go Red!! C'mon now Red!!

Last edited:

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
i rarely watch hockey on big ice, but is anyone else surprised at less offensive hockey were seeing? i imagined it to be a lot more open to creativity. if anything, it's tighter defensively. seems paradoxical to me

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
i rarely watch hockey on big ice, but is anyone else surprised at less offensive hockey were seeing? i imagined it to be a lot more open to creativity. if anything, it's tighter defensively. seems paradoxical to me

Me too man I figured the same thing as you.

Seems like the big ice is making teams cluster towards the middle blocking cross ice passes and blocking shots.

Seems like teams will let you have the outside but once you try to come inside that's when you get passes and shots picked off.

It's pretty much the exact opposite of what I thought would happen.

I'm still enjoying the hockey but mildly disappointed in the overall style.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing

Seems like the big ice is making teams cluster towards the middle blocking cross ice passes and blocking shots.

Seems like teams will let you have the outside but once you try to come inside that's when you get passes and shots picked off.

that pretty much describes exactly how i feel

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida

I barely notice the difference but that's maybe because I drink so much during the games.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Would Luongo have lost the game against the USA?

can't know for sure. my gut feeling says yes but some canuck fans will take offense to that and i don't blame them

the way the defense is playing, they seem very confident in who behind them, that effect cannot be understated...

the post-game interview with the players talking about price all had one common denominator: he's calm, he's cool, never excited, talks to us, always in control. if one wants to read between the lines, that means luongo isn't

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
I think Luongo could have won that game.

The Vancouver homers were ticking me off in the Olympic threads taking pot shots at Price but I still think Bobby Lou is an excellent goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad