The Official Team Canada/Ice Hockey Olympics Thread - VI - The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

sventington

Sep 18, 2013
:laugh: we have arrived!

Oh lets hope that shakey goalie of ours doesn't **** the bed and give up another breakaway goal again. What kind of a goalie can't stop someone coming in all alone? How dare he? Pathetic.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
How was your game yesterday? You did okay?

Or you are currently drowning your sorrows with Vodka?

Posted in the OT thread too, but I had a terrible game. I know +/- isn't that useful of a stat but when you're -6 in a 6-6 game, something is wrong.

I also had 0 points and took a tripping penalty. Got beaten at the blue line, whirled around and tried to reach and whack at the puck, caught the player in the skate instead.

PricePkPatch*

Posted in the OT thread too, but I had a terrible game. I know +/- isn't that useful of a stat but when you're -6 in a 6-6 game, something is wrong.

I also had 0 points and took a tripping penalty. Got beaten at the blue line, whirled around and tried to reach and whack at the puck, caught the player in the skate instead.

So... Vodka eh?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
All the **** about the breakaway goal against price.. And lundqvist let's that in. Bet no one says a peep about Henrik.

PricePkPatch*

I don't understand why nobody takes Finland seriously. They are one solid team.

Key word being: TEAM

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
So... Vodka eh?

It's only 6 a.m.

USA-Canada isn't for 4 hours. :P

You guys treated me well in this thread yesterday, so I like it here. It's not as fast as the main board thread either, which is nice. It becomes unreadable for someone who's only checking it once every 5-10 minutes. I refresh it and there are 5 new pages of posts.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
It's only 6 a.m.

USA-Canada isn't for 4 hours. :P

You guys treated me well in this thread yesterday, so I like it here. It's not as fast as the main board thread either, which is nice. It becomes unreadable for someone who's only checking it once every 5-10 minutes. I refresh it and there are 5 new pages of posts.

All we do is ***** about Babcock not playing Subban.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I have similar feelings about Oliver Ekman-Larsson and Sweden. Though at least be's being dressed, just being given limited minutes. Paired with Karlsson in their first game, then had his ice time cut in favor of Edler. Been averaging like 9 minutes TOI since then.

Played 0 shifts in the first period so far against Finland. Guess he's just not part of their plans as a team. If so, why fly him all the way to Sochi just to leave him on the bench? Take David Rundblad instead. He's used to rotting away off the ice at least. :sarcasm:

(Except I'm not Swedish so I don't really care too much, it just makes me raise my eyebrows a little.)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I have similar feelings about Oliver Ekman-Larsson and Sweden. Though at least be's being dressed, just being given limited minutes. Paired with Karlsson in their first game, then had his ice time cut in favor of Edler. Been averaging like 9 minutes TOI since then.

Played 0 shifts in the first period so far against Finland. Guess he's just not part of their plans as a team. If so, why fly him all the way to Sochi just to leave him on the bench? Take David Rundblad instead. He's used to rotting away off the ice at least. :sarcasm:

(Except I'm not Swedish so I don't really care too much, it just makes me raise my eyebrows a little.)

Especially since OEL is a better defenseman than Erik karlsson

PricePkPatch*

Sweden wins this game. I just realized Mr. Peabody is their coach.

Funny how the Men's semi-final are a repeat of previous Gold Medal games of earlier this year.

Fin-Sw is a repeat of the WJC, while Can-US is a repeat of W-Olympic game.

Now, I hope Finland wins this one.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Funny how the Men's semi-final are a repeat of previous Gold Medal games of earlier this year.

Sweden Finland was the gold medal game in 2006.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida

Both semifinals are also repeats of the last two Olympic gold medal games. USA-Canada in 2010 and Finland-Sweden in 2006.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad