OT: The Official Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Thread (ALL NON-HOCKEY TALK)

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Watching the interview with the sisters on CBC, good luck trying to beat them in the next few years, lol.

Oh and they are close to Jenn Heil!

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
On NBC they said Justine is the youngest ever freestyle skying gold medalist.

And Bjorndalen became the oldest gold medalist in an individual event.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Cleaned up the thread title a bit. Made it more... official...

So happy for the sisters this afternoon. Must be an incredible feeling to finish on the podium along side your sister. There was also another sister in the finals, imagine if all 3 of them made the podium?

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec

So happy for the sisters this afternoon. Must be an incredible feeling to finish on the podium along side your sister. There was also another sister in the finals, imagine if all 3 of them made the podium?

And then, imagine Robichaud 4th :)

Would have been the greatest Canadian performance in a single event, ever.

And Bjorndalen became the oldest gold medalist in an individual event.

Ian Millar will beat that by 30+ years in Rio.

Sad Big Ben had to die though. What a horse :-(

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

I can relate. I finished second place with my brother, in the 3 legged race when I was 9.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I can relate. I finished second place with my brother, in the 3 legged race when I was 9.

Me too, I was runner-up for student of the week when I was 8.

Because I was nice and everyone else was a ******* except that weird girl that smelled like pee. Actually, the fact she smelled like pee was the reason everyone else was a *******. She won the award, by the way. Got a pencil and an eraser. I got sweet **** all except the rink all to myself because everyone else was grounded for recess for the week.

Pee Girl would come and watch me play hockey with myself... she was my first rink rat...

:cry:

I MISS YOU PEEPEE!!

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I've just seen the last period of Canada VS Switzerland. I don't think I've ever seen a team dominated so badly without allowing a goal than the Swiss in that period.

Florence Schiller is truly something special.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Me too, I was runner-up for student of the week when I was 8.

Because I was nice and everyone else was a ******* except that weird girl that sàmelled like pee. Actually, the fact she smelled like pee was the reason everyone else was a *******. She won the award, by the way. Got a pencil and an eraser. I got sweet **** all except the rink all to myself because everyone else was grounded for recess for the week.

Pee Girl would come and watch me play hockey with myself... she was my first rink rat...

:cry:

I MISS YOU PEEPEE!!
That is weird.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Wow Jenna Blasman in slopestyle is agile like a cat. Hard to describe but she messed up her last jump and sort of started flying in the air totally out of control... still landed on her feet mostly.

But she's done, second to last.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Guay 10th after his run in the Finals.

Osborne-Paradis 23rd after his...

Hudec and the other guy are somewhere between the two.

Canada's done in downhill. The day wasn't good to favorites: Svidal and Miller both are off the podium, as is defending Olympic champ Defago.

An Austrian is winning, apparently they're strong at this event.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Nothing so far today.. I think the only medal we'll end up with today is the one in team figure skating.

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
I'm one of the lucky to see the 3 sisters train in person and got up to 5cm close to them. All three are really hot in person, i can confirm that :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad