The Official Sidney Crosby Sporadic Post Thread(If he's chipped a nail, post it here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicster65

May 14, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Former Bearcat said:
Looks like its pretty crazy in Baie Comeau tonight. 95 minutes already in the first period, oh and Sidney Crosby has a goal and assist already... :p

Typical Baie Comeau...........these guys are brutal..... caoches included

..........they make Sarnia Sting look like a girls ringette team.... :mad:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Van said:
The only chance to see the CHL on TV is when Sportsnet starts its CHL Sunday coverage. (I'm not sure exactly when that is.)

They have already started coverage of the OHL. Next sunday they are showing the 67's.

shazata69

Sportsnet's coverage is embarassing. I hope to God they someday give the rights to The Score or TSN.

Second, k by the time its draft time for Crosby I know I'm gonna end up hating this kid because of all the damn posts and hype. Just let the kid play hockey and stop pressuring him.

StevieYdabest

Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
icarus said:
No kidding. I'm sure The Score would get a lot more viewers for CHL hockey than Ontario university football. :rolleyes:

Now come on I like the University Football if only I had the score Id watch it all the time. Just because you may not like that I'm sure they get enough ratings for it. University Football is just as important as CHL as it is a stepping stone for certain players to make it to the CFL and potentially NFL. At least those kids get a real education.

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
shazata69 said:
Second, k by the time its draft time for Crosby I know I'm gonna end up hating this kid because of all the damn posts and hype. Just let the kid play hockey and stop pressuring him.

Lots of people say this, but really, how do you expect him to not be hyped? Is it really even hype anymore? Look at the accomplishments and tell me that it's not extraordinary. As for hating him because of the hype... well, why? He is not being force fed down anybody's throat. You don't have to read the threads here and outside of hockey's future there is only the occasionaly article about how extraordinary Crosby has been doing thus far and again if you have a problem with it don't read it. So I guess I fail to see how this could drive somebody to hate somebody else. Crosby, from everything I've seen and heard, seems to be a decent kid with his head on his shoulder's straight. So what's not to like?

Former Bearcat

3 Points in First Period already for Crosby

Well, Sid is definately being consistant with his multiple point games. 3 Points in the first, hopefully he can get 6 tonight to break the record for this year with points in a game.

zoidberg

Aug 23, 2002
hockeyrumors.blogspot.com
pooler99 said:
There's much more irrelevant threads on that board than this one!!!!!Why quote him he posted it in the right board???????I find that kind of info quite useful man :moon:
Because there are complaints about the amount of Crosby threads. Therefore, I merge.

So yes... POST IT IN THE CROSBY THREAD!

Former Bearcat

Dr Zoidberg said:
Because there are complaints about the amount of Crosby threads. Therefore, I merge.

So yes... POST IT IN THE CROSBY THREAD!

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with this really......he had 3 points in the first already to get 40 pts in 19 games as <b>16 year old</b>
This is a prospects board and people do not have to read it. It say all ungroundshaking news, I feel for a 16 year old to have 3 points in the first to be groundshaking, I'm sorry if people disagree, but i'm just making a point!

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Former Bearcat said:
I'm sorry, but I don't agree with this really......he had 3 points in the first already to get 40 pts in 19 games as <b>16 year old</b>
This is a prospects board and people do not have to read it. It say all ungroundshaking news, I feel for a 16 year old to have 3 points in the first to be groundshaking, I'm sorry if people disagree, but i'm just making a point!

Really, I agree with having a thread where all things about Crosby are posted. The title of this one is a bit misleading in that, to me at least, everything Crosby is doing is groundshaking. So because everything he is doing is newsworthy we could virtually fill up the board with Crosby threads, which would be annoying because I'd like to hear about other prospects as well. I do understand where you are coming from, that it is newsworthy, but like I said before, almost every night Crosby is doing something unbelievable.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
What the heck can he possibly work on over the next two years in juniors? He's already dominating at 16. Could he go play in Europe or something like that?

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Jacobv2 said:
What the heck can he possibly work on over the next two years in juniors? He's already dominating at 16. Could he go play in Europe or something like that?

If I was him, i would try to get a spot on the 1st division in Russia next year.

I think that can be great for him..

Of course, that's will not happens..

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
AJ1982 said:
Really, I agree with having a thread where all things about Crosby are posted. The title of this one is a bit misleading in that, to me at least, everything Crosby is doing is groundshaking. So because everything he is doing is newsworthy we could virtually fill up the board with Crosby threads, which would be annoying because I'd like to hear about other prospects as well. I do understand where you are coming from, that it is newsworthy, but like I said before, almost every night Crosby is doing something unbelievable.

Might I make a suggestion to a mod of changing the thread title to "Official Sidney Crosby Update thread", or the "Sid Crosby Ticker"? I do like the fact that I can read the thread every morning after a Rimouski game and read what he did the night before and don't actually mind that it isn't in a new thread. Axe the lame "unshaking news" bit since we're now actually in the season where everything he does counts, and so far he hasn't had that many "unshaking" games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad