The Official Sidney Crosby Sporadic Post Thread(If he's chipped a nail, post it here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingboy2999

Feb 16, 2003
Pittsburgh
Visit site
darrellman said:
I think that whenever the player of the week is on the ice they should play the theme music from the 80's show the A-Team. But all the other players dont get no music cause they arent player of the week, only sidney.

if the league allows; maybe he could wear lots of gold chains like mr t, they'd be a bit heavy but sidney would score lots anyway and that would REALLY demonstrate his superiority. the gold chains would remind everyone how special he is.

ovechkins music could be some real high pace fiddle music cause hes russian, then when he scores he could do some flashy russian flying kicks and dance a bit. sidney could dress up like rocky and ovechkin could be drago. but instead of fighting they could have a dance off?

I pity da foo' who is obsessed with Sidney Crosby. I'll run him over with my helluva fast 1982 Custom GMC Van and throw him over my head with the camera underneath for the typical throw view. Then a car will do a barrell roll.....so yeah....A-Team rocks.

BCCHL inactive

darrellman said:
way to go sidney!! We need you to lead us to gold at world juniors so keep givin er and getting better and better!

Beat the russians, leave that russian punk ovechkin in the dust man!!!!
your the one who can do it. go crazy. this is YOUR time.

:handclap:

It is not "his time" for any 16 year-old to lead a U20 national team. If Crosby makes Team Canada, he will be a 4th line forward...just like Jason Spezza was.

Canucks-R-best

Jan 12, 2003
Visit site
wasnt there a site that you could watch Rimonowski(sp?) games live? if someone can give me the url to put right in the media player it would be greatly appreciated

rick25

Aug 3, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
Habsolution said:
Yes but it doesn't seem to work anymore.

Here's the URL anyway !

Oceanic broadcoast

Tell me if you had more luck than I had !

You could only watch Rimouski games live on the net when they are on local tv. This is the calendar of webcast game this year:

2/10 Lewiston VS Rimouski
11/10 Rimouski VS Shawinigan
28/10 Québec VS Rimouski
13/11 Shawinigan VS Rimouski
24/01 Victoriaville VS Rimouski
06/02 Rimouski VS Gatineau
20/02 Rimouski VS Drummondville
22/02 Baie-Comeau VS Rimouski
14/03 Bathusrt VS Rimouski

Les Zarbites

rick25 said:
You could only watch Rimouski games live on the net when they are on local tv. This is the calendar of webcast game this year:

2/10 Lewiston VS Rimouski
11/10 Rimouski VS Shawinigan
28/10 Québec VS Rimouski
13/11 Shawinigan VS Rimouski
24/01 Victoriaville VS Rimouski
06/02 Rimouski VS Gatineau
20/02 Rimouski VS Drummondville
22/02 Baie-Comeau VS Rimouski
14/03 Bathusrt VS Rimouski

Thank you very much !!!

SYDNEY CROSBY !!!!! SCOOOOORES !

2 G 1 A 3 PTS so far !

Play-by-play announcers going wild !

WesternEliteHockeyPr

Mar 5, 2003
Visit site
The style of play in the Quebec league will certainly boost his totals this year I'm sure! If he were in the WHL or even the OHL, how many points do you think he would have through 10 games? My bet would be still around 13-15 perhaps.

Gilbert Brule, another 16 year old who was taken 1st overall in the WHL draft has 4-4-8 points in just 6 games!! This kid is the real deal out west and nobody talks about him at all.....Through 10 games he should have about 14 points going at this pace. Crosby may have more than that if he were in the dub but not by much!!!

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
WHL Follower said:
The style of play in the Quebec league will certainly boost his totals this year I'm sure! If he were in the WHL or even the OHL, how many points do you think he would have through 10 games? My bet would be still around 13-15 perhaps.

Gilbert Brule, another 16 year old who was taken 1st overall in the WHL draft has 4-4-8 points in just 6 games!! This kid is the real deal out west and nobody talks about him at all.....Through 10 games he should have about 14 points going at this pace. Crosby may have more than that if he were in the dub but not by much!!!

If you say so it must be so. Except of course if you look at the players ppg among the scoring leaders right now, have a look see.

QMJHL

1 Daoust, Jean-Michel Gat 13 8 16 24 30
2 * Crosby, Sidney Rim 10 12 10 22 14 6
3 Guénette, François-Pierre Cap 9 10 7 17 4
4 Talbot, Maxime Gat 9 4 13 17 4
5 Stewart, Danny Rim 10 5 11 16 20

OHL

1 Corey Locke Ottawa 67's 7 8 7 15 8
2 Andre Benoit Kitchener Rangers 6 4 10 14 8
3 Geoff Platt Saginaw Spirit 6 4 8 12 15
4 Martin St. Pierre Guelph Storm 6 3 9 12 16
5 Dylan Hunter London Knights 5 2 9 11 13

WHL

1 Kyle Brodziak Moose Jaw Warriors 8 6 9 15 9
2 Tomas Fleischmann Moose Jaw Warriors 8 2 12 14 6
3 Nigel Dawes Kootenay Ice 7 8 3 11 6
4 Troy Brouwer Moose Jaw Warriors 8 6 5 11 11
5 Kris Versteeg Lethbridge Hurricanes 11 3 8 11 8

Notice out of the Q top 5 only Crosby is averaging more than 2 pts a game. In the OHL 4 out of 5 are avg 2 pts or more a game. In the WHL none of the top 5 avg more than 2 pts a game right now. Of course this can all change but this is very similar to the way it was last year, so let's stop with the "Oh but the Q stats are inflated" arguments for now, until the ppg of the leading scorers actually show that may be the case. Right now your argument isn't very pursuasive.

Brule is a tremendous prospect, but instead of trying to make arguments like this why don't we start a thread about what Brule is doing. You are absolutely right, we don't hear about him enough for a prospect who has as much potential as he does.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
WHL Follower said:

I have seen both play live at the Canada Winter Games, and not just in a game but a few games...overall I have seen Crosby play many many more times though but I was really looking forward to seeing guys like Gilbert Brule, Daniel Bertram and others like Gauthier and that of 87 born play in this tourny to see where they all stood. Brule, Bertram and Crosby were all given 1st to 2nd line duty on their teams so everyone of them had good ice time. Well Brule never impressed me as much as Daniel Bertram but Brule was a great great prospect on the ice and he has a really nice skill set. Bertram had that blazing speed which created tons of chances, but Crosby stood out more than anyone at the tourny by far, he was way better than players like Evan Mcgrath, Wojtek Wolski, Kyle Chipchura, Wacey Rabbit, Brule and Bertram, Eric Hunter, Dustin Boyd. Brule and Bertram are going to be world class hockey players IMO and they are two of the most skilled prospects that I have seen in a long time but they did not match up to Crosby when playing in the same tourny nor when playing each other, but this is not to put down Brule and Bertram as they are special players in their own right all that I am saying is that Crosby controlled the pace and the entire game something Brule and Bertram could not do in their games.

darrellman

whos better?

has anyone seen enough of both of these guys to determine
whos better offensively/defensively right now between crosby or ovechkin?

i hear ovechkins a bigger kid.
i cant wait to see them play against each other.
if i was sidney id wear lots of gold chains.

#37-#93-#27*

darrellman said:
has anyone seen enough of both of these guys to determine
whos better offensively/defensively right now between crosby or ovechkin?

i hear ovechkins a bigger kid.
i cant wait to see them play against each other.
if i was sidney id wear lots of gold chains.
Sidney looks like he's big for his age too. Both look like players that will be physically mature by the time they're drafted. Ovechkin looks it now.

Cariboux

Sep 8, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
Sidney Crosby
87-08-07
5'10'' 175 lb

I've seen Sidney in action and he's the man! He's good defensively and come back very fast in his defensive zone. He intercepts passes, give good checks and stay on his man.

Please excuse my english, but I can say to all of you that he is the "next big thing"! :yo:

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
AJ1982 said:
If you say so it must be so. Except of course if you look at the players ppg among the scoring leaders right now, have a look see.

QMJHL

1 Daoust, Jean-Michel Gat 13 8 16 24 30
2 * Crosby, Sidney Rim 10 12 10 22 14 6
3 Guénette, François-Pierre Cap 9 10 7 17 4
4 Talbot, Maxime Gat 9 4 13 17 4
5 Stewart, Danny Rim 10 5 11 16 20

OHL

1 Corey Locke Ottawa 67's 7 8 7 15 8
2 Andre Benoit Kitchener Rangers 6 4 10 14 8
3 Geoff Platt Saginaw Spirit 6 4 8 12 15
4 Martin St. Pierre Guelph Storm 6 3 9 12 16
5 Dylan Hunter London Knights 5 2 9 11 13

WHL

1 Kyle Brodziak Moose Jaw Warriors 8 6 9 15 9
2 Tomas Fleischmann Moose Jaw Warriors 8 2 12 14 6
3 Nigel Dawes Kootenay Ice 7 8 3 11 6
4 Troy Brouwer Moose Jaw Warriors 8 6 5 11 11
5 Kris Versteeg Lethbridge Hurricanes 11 3 8 11 8

Notice out of the Q top 5 only Crosby is averaging more than 2 pts a game. In the OHL 4 out of 5 are avg 2 pts or more a game. In the WHL none of the top 5 avg more than 2 pts a game right now. Of course this can all change but this is very similar to the way it was last year, so let's stop with the "Oh but the Q stats are inflated" arguments for now, until the ppg of the leading scorers actually show that may be the case. Right now your argument isn't very pursuasive.

Brule is a tremendous prospect, but instead of trying to make arguments like this why don't we start a thread about what Brule is doing. You are absolutely right, we don't hear about him enough for a prospect who has as much potential as he does.

Wicked post, you saved me the time to do all that research.

People need to change their views on the Q. The Q doesnt play Run n Gun anymore than the other 2 leagues.

Lution

Many people have already had the chance to see Crosby play but I'll weigh in with my two cents worth. Seen him play a couple weeks ago and was very impressed. His best attributes in my opinion, the ones that set him apart, are his quickness and his hockey sense. A couple of times Crosby blew by his checker with that first step, seemingly to reach full speed with one stride. Everyone knows about his hockey sense but I thought it was significant that a sixteen year old was playing the point on the powerplay as well as playing the penalty kill. Without a doubt he is an exciting player to watch.
Lution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad