The Official Sidney Crosby Sporadic Post Thread(If he's chipped a nail, post it here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick25

Aug 3, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
kruezer said:
Anybody listen to this game? Crosby had a goal but it sounded like Pouliot dominated.

Pouliot had a good game. He has 2g 1a I think. For Crosby, the referee cancelled 2 goals of Rimouski and Crosby was 1g 1a on these.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
If I understand it right, Crosby will play 2 years in the Q before he is drafted. Lemieux played 3 before he was drafted. Why is this? Was a rule instituted for the CHL draft limiting age or was it just a birthdate thing?

Genghis Keon

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
SmokeyClause said:
If I understand it right, Crosby will play 2 years in the Q before he is drafted. Lemieux played 3 before he was drafted. Why is this? Was a rule instituted for the CHL draft limiting age or was it just a birthdate thing?

It's a birthdate thing.

The CHL drafts use the players' birth year as the cut-off* (this past year it was the 1987s' draft--Crosby and co.), while the NHL has the Sept. 15 cut-off for the draft, so players born after Sept. 15 (like Mario--Oct. 5 birthday) are eligible for the CHL with the rest of their birth year players, but they have to wait the extra year for their NHL draft eligibility.

*-WHL kids can get drafted at 15, but are allowed to play only 5 games with their WHL team at that age.
-OHL kids can play the whole year at 15 for their home town team if they get league permission (Fata and Spezza), but they enter the OHL draft the next year (their official OHL draft year).

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
he got interviewed tonight

on CTV National News on the story on hitting in Minor Hockey.

He is going to have to get better looking if he is going to hope to make the big bucks off of endorsements! :p

Good comments, though.

paul99

Sep 5, 2003
Montreal, PQ
2-3 for 5 points tonight (Oct 19th). He is now the scoring leader of LHJMQ with 32 points, averaging more than 2 points a game.

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
I'm not saying I predict he'll finish the season at the top of the Q scoring list, but when is the last time a rookie 16 year old finished at the top of the Q scoring list? Ever?

Alex126

Sep 23, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
Sidney Crosby is now the favorite to win the scoring title in the Q. If he do so, he will be the first in the CHL to do it as a 16 years old. In his rookie year, despite a 182 pts season, Gretzky was surpassed by Bobby Smith. Also, rookie who win the scoring title are rare, Pat Lafontaine is one of the few that did it as a 17 years old.

Former Bearcat

Penalty Filled Rimouski-Baie Comeau Game

Looks like its pretty crazy in Baie Comeau tonight. 95 minutes already in the first period, oh and Sidney Crosby has a goal and assist already... :p

Former Bearcat

Sidney is up to 3 points tonight........35 in 16 games...not too shabby...

BCCHL inactive

The only chance to see the CHL on TV is when Sportsnet starts its CHL Sunday coverage. (I'm not sure exactly when that is.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->