The Official Pierre "high five" Dorion Thread | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Who cares what Jets fans think of Maurice. Who cares what Tampa fans think of Cooper. They have nothing to do with the Senators. Never understood why there always has to be a comparison of some sort when it comes to doing things the 'right' way. What about doing the obvious thing?

This team has a revolving door of inadequate coaches. None with actual NHL experience or pedigree. Boucher is a one trick pony with the refusal of adjusting. I would not want him back next season. The first sign of struggling and the players will probably tune him out and/or he reverts back to what he is accustomed to. Yes the players are responsible and should be held accountable but sometimes the players can only do so much especially if they aren't talented to begin with. It's like asking a McDonalds kitchen crew member to cook a perfectly medium rare steak for you.

Get rid of Boucher at the end of the season. Get rid of the dead weight, past their prime no future with the Sens type players. Move some guys who have been obvious anchors on the team and start new. I would love for a new owner and a new GM but those options aren't realistic.

A new Owner is not likely; however a new GM is definitely needed and a real possibility.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Who cares what Jets fans think of Maurice. Who cares what Tampa fans think of Cooper. They have nothing to do with the Senators. Never understood why there always has to be a comparison of some sort when it comes to doing things the 'right' way. What about doing the obvious thing?

This team has a revolving door of inadequate coaches. None with actual NHL experience or pedigree. Boucher is a one trick pony with the refusal of adjusting. I would not want him back next season. The first sign of struggling and the players will probably tune him out and/or he reverts back to what he is accustomed to. Yes the players are responsible and should be held accountable but sometimes the players can only do so much especially if they aren't talented to begin with. It's like asking a McDonalds kitchen crew member to cook a perfectly medium rare steak for you.

Get rid of Boucher at the end of the season. Get rid of the dead weight, past their prime no future with the Sens type players. Move some guys who have been obvious anchors on the team and start new. I would love for a new owner and a new GM but those options aren't realistic.

I don't believe for a second that if it were Boudreau or Babcock your tune would be any different.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Call me crazy but anyone expecting Dorion gone before next season should probably adjust their expectations. Melnyk is too fresh off last years run, and he raved about the deals Dorion has made last year and this year, Duchene included. He would probably give a fire Boucher or try a new goalie ultimatum before firing Dorion since those are the things ruining the season that he can see night in night out.

He gave Murray pretty much as long as his health allowed, no way is he firing Dorion yet.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Call me crazy but anyone expecting Dorion gone before next season should probably adjust their expectations. Melnyk is too fresh off last years run, and he raved about the deals Dorion has made last year and this year, Duchene included. He would probably give a fire Boucher or try a new goalie ultimatum before firing Dorion since those are the things ruining the season that he can see night in night out.

He gave Murray pretty much as long as his health allowed, no way is he firing Dorion yet.

I agree

if Melnyk is money motivated hard to argue with all the movement last year and the revenue that resulted.

personally I think Dorion has a few mistakes under his belt but I think he's also got a few good moves in there too.

I also think his track record of identifying young talent is pretty good. I can see him getting some quality young upside at the TDL this year

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
A quote from Melnyk today:

Melnyk reaches out to Senators fan base

Melnyk said he is determined to bring a Stanley Cup to Ottawa.
“I’m committed. This is going to happen. I don’t want to jinx things,” Melnyk said. “We’ve got smart people in the hockey organization. We stepped back this year and that’s unfortunate but it also leads to opportunities for us going forward.
“I really believe we have the where with all and the vision and we’re very, very committed to bringing a Stanley Cup to Ottawa.”

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I think Dorion will be,,.. Exit interviews could play a role if Boucher is here. I think Boucher is Dorion's guy so chances are he is here to start.

The reality is that this fanbase needs to see some signs of progress, or change. Coming back status quo is not good enough. Dorion could certainly make some changes to the current roster, but Dorion hasn't made any moves that have earned the trust of the fanbase.

This team is in dire need of some positive PR, whether it be an EK extension, a coaching change with a big name coach coming in, a new management team, a new owner, a shiny new 18 year old Swedish defenceman...etc.

If nothing is done to rectify what has happened this season, people will not be buying tickets next year. If you think the attendance is bad this year, just wait.

I for one believe that Pierre Dorion is just as stubborn as Guy Boucher and that if its up to Dorion, Boucher will be back, just because firing him will be admitting that hiring him was a mistake, I just don't think having him back is a very good business decision for the organization. I think both should be canned, but realistically, PR will probably be back and Boucher will be gone, that's my prediction.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm willing to bet that both Dorion and Boucher will be here next year.

Thats too bad, I wont be paying to watch anymore games coached by Boucher. Not unless he has an overhaul of his approach which clearly wont happen. If they fire Dorion then Boucher will be gone and we will be rid of both of them. Thats all we can really hope for. Well first of all a new owner then we wont have either of them to have to listen to or watch ever again.

Reactions: Lana Del Rey

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The reality is that this fanbase needs to see some signs of progress, or change. Coming back status quo is not good enough. Dorion could certainly make some changes to the current roster, but Dorion hasn't made any moves that have earned the trust of the fanbase.

This team is in dire need of some positive PR, whether it be an EK extension, a coaching change with a big name coach coming in, a new management team, a new owner, a shiny new 18 year old Swedish defenceman...etc.

If nothing is done to rectify what has happened this season, people will not be buying tickets next year. If you think the attendance is bad this year, just wait.

Hey... I agree there is a lot of skepticism in Dorion's ability... and he's earned it... I am just saying what I think happens, not what I want to happen.. IMO this team needs a significant overhaul.. two or three steps back to take one forward. If we go with a younger roster .. I don't want Boucher as the coach. I have not been a Dorion as GM fan from day 1.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

“I’m committed. This is going to happen. I don’t want to jinx things,” Melnyk said. “We’ve got smart people in the hockey organization. We stepped back this year and that’s unfortunate but it also leads to opportunities for us going forward.
“I really believe we have the where with all and the vision and we’re very, very committed to bringing a Stanley Cup to Ottawa.”

[mod] 6 weeks ago they were moving the team now they are committed to winning. How stupid do these guys think we are? I can just imagine the conversations in a room of Dorion, Melnyk and Boucher. Everyone patting each other on the back saying its ok. Bunch of stubborn men who clearly dont think much of us, do they think we dont have any memories or are as stupid to think people are high fiving you for trading for Alex Burrows? Just get me out of this fan nightmare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lana Del Rey

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

We are nowhere close to being a cup contender right now. Why won’t this guy just shutup?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Melnyk's new publicist at work.. a kinder , gentler Melnyk... Once you lose someone's faith and trust it's hard to regain it no matter what comes out of your pie hole.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
[mod] 6 weeks ago they were moving the team now they are committed to winning. How stupid do these guys think we are? I can just imagine the conversations in a room of Dorion, Melnyk and Boucher. Everyone patting each other on the back saying its ok. Bunch of stubborn men who clearly dont think much of us, do they think we dont have any memories or are as stupid to think people are high fiving you for trading for Alex Burrows? Just get me out of this fan nightmare.

Yeah, see SOA post above. He's hired a PR firm like a month ago. This is all PR talk now.

Last edited by a moderator:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I think it insults our intelligence. Just shut up.

I agree he should just shut up, but if he must be out there doing interviews, then hiring a pr firm was for the best. At least now we know it *should* be just pr talk that we can ignore.

Although some of the quotes coming out today, he might need a new pr firm shortly.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Doesn't sound like there is a Dorion showing of the door coming any time soon. And I agree it the right way to answer any question about EK's future here

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Well, sounds like you may be miserable for a long, long time.
Miserable.. no I am not going to be miserable.. a hell of a lot more shit has to happen to me to get to miserable. Annoyed ok. I will be annoyed with the piece of shit owner that the Sens happen to have sure... maybe even occasionally annoyed ... but miserable no .. not a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad