The Official Pierre "high five" Dorion Thread | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Looking at the thread on the main board of teams top 10 assets it looks like every team in the eastern conference has better assets than us except MTL and maybe Detroit. Dorion really needs to stockpile good young assets. We can’t afford to let any of Duch, Stone or Karl walk in a year without getting good assets back.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
Looking at the thread on the main board of teams top 10 assets it looks like every team in the eastern conference has better assets than us except MTL and maybe Detroit. Dorion really needs to stockpile good young assets. We can’t afford to let any of Duch, Stone or Karl walk in a year without getting good assets back.

No one is walking

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Hope they reinstate him or hire someone else quick. There’s so much work to be done and Dorian needs help. He’s gotta sign Stone before he hits arbitration, sign or trade Duchene, sign or trade Karlsson. There’s a lot of pressing work to be done and no progress has been made. I wonder which of these things he’s currently working on.

I'm not Dorion's #1 fan or anything, but comments like this bug me a bit. How do you know no progress has been made on anything? As far as this team is concerned, no news leaking out is a good thing.

There's 2 weeks to go before Stone and Ceci go to arbitration. You can untwist your panties a bit. There's no need to throw the guy under the bus when you have no basis to do so.

Reactions: Tnuoc Alucard

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I'm not Dorion's #1 fan or anything, but comments like this bug me a bit. How do you know no progress has been made on anything? As far as this team is concerned, no news leaking out is a good thing.

There's 2 weeks to go before Stone and Ceci go to arbitration. You can untwist your panties a bit. There's no need to throw the guy under the bus when you have no basis to do so.

I meant no progress has been made in that we haven’t signed any of them yet.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I wouldn't etch that in stone tablets just yet. If they end up having to keep Karlsson till the deadline and the team miraculously manages to be within reach of a playoff spot... I could see them holding onto pending UFAs and we get "Tavaresed".

Never going to happen, in Ottawa.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
I wouldn't etch that in stone tablets just yet. If they end up having to keep Karlsson till the deadline and the team miraculously manages to be within reach of a playoff spot... I could see them holding onto pending UFAs and we get "Tavaresed".

Or they could also just resign him before the season starts

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Hope they reinstate him or hire someone else quick. There’s so much work to be done and Dorian needs help. He’s gotta sign Stone before he hits arbitration, sign or trade Duchene, sign or trade Karlsson. There’s a lot of pressing work to be done and no progress has been made. I wonder which of these things he’s currently working on.

I am sure Melnyk has rolled up his sleeves and is helping. I think he helped out with the Tampa negotiations when Dorion was in the washroom... It went something like this... "Oh Steve called back and wanted me to tell you that they are almost ready to go forward.. I asked him to explain , and once he was through I told him he had to take Ryan... I thought I had made that clear to you Pierre... I want Ryan's contract off the books. That is your #1 priority.. the hell with signing any of these primadonna hockey players.. I want Ryan gone then maybe, I am not promising, we will have some money to give Stone or Duchene a raise."

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Summer of fan excitement.......The phones must be just ringing off the hooks with all this excitement, of how much we have improved our team over the offseason.......

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
'I think the only person who's likely to resign before the season is Randy Lee.'

Well, at least that would likely shore up relations with the Mayor's office...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad