The Official Pierre "high five" Dorion Thread | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
We're down Dahlen + 3rd when Dorion should've addressed depth in the offseason. That's why I don't really care for the Thompson signing other that the extra year he added for no apparent reason. Pierre is a clown.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Dorion addresses depth at the trade deadline: bad asset management
Dorion addresses depth in the offseason: too much term, what a clown...

Can't win with some people

Last edited:

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Dorion addresses d'éthique at the trade deadline: bad asset management

Why can't you address depth with cheap one year contacts like other teams do and why give a fourth liner a NTC? Face it - Dorion overpayes for EVERYTHING.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I can't stand these remarks.

We wouldn't have taken him. We would have "another 3rd round prospect". Who was taken is irrelevant.

Stalberg trade is what it is, we have nothing to show for it. He was a depth 4th liner for our run.

I cant stand your kind of remarks either tbh...

Not sure about you, but I was having an absolute blast watching my underdog team playing spring hockey, and seeing them take the eventual champs to double freaking OT in game 7.

It was literally like watching Rocky on ice :laugh:

I have some great memories with some friends at the games and watching together at different spots.

The only way that we pull off the run we just did is by using that excellent depth we had post deadline. We were beat up.

I'll go out on a limb here and make an assumption without looking at your post history.....you were both very pessimistic AND very critical of the players/coaching/goaltending the whole way through?

Am I right? Did you manage to sulk the entire way through the run? Be honest.

Sorry if im being rude, its just so hard to tolerate people who are obviously more interested in running a hockey simulator and seeing the results (a la be a GM mode), rather than actually watching the team play hockey and experiencing the rush and adrenaline of a big win.

Last edited:

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
We're down Dahlen + 3rd when Dorion should've addressed depth in the offseason. That's why I don't really care for the Thompson signing other that the extra year he added for no apparent reason. Pierre is a clown.

And what if he wasn't allowed to add those salaries at the start of the year? Because I'm pretty sure that would have been the case.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada

Not sure about you, but I was having an absolute blast watching my underdog team playing spring hockey, and seeing them take the eventual champs to double freaking OT in game 7.

I have some great memories with some friends at the games and watching together at different spots.

The only way that we pull off the run we just did is by using that excellent depth we had post deadline. We were beat up.

I'll go out on a limb here and make an assumption without looking at your post history.....you were both very pessimistic AND very critical of the players/coaching/goaltending the whole way through?

Sorry if im being rude, its just so hard to tolerate people who are obviously more interested in running a hockey simulator and seeing the results (a la be a GM mode), rather than actually enjoy watching the team play hockey and experiencing the rush of it all.
You can still enjoy watching the team and still not agree blindly with every move management makes.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Sorry if im being rude, its just so hard to tolerate people who are obviously more interested in running a hockey simulator and seeing the results (a la be a GM mode), rather than actually enjoy watching the team play hockey and experiencing the rush of it all.

No, you're not right, but keep on truckin'

Directly from "The Moves were all worth it" thread:

Only trade I'm against is Burrows. Zib is what he is, a guy that looks like a world beater for 2 games, then literally invisible for 5.

I just don't like Burrows in general, he really isn't doing much. He had those two routine plays that ended up in Turris and Pageau skating the puck in and scoring, so credit there I guess, but other than that he really isn't doing anything.

I feel like we would be in the same spot without even making that trade. The fact I, personally, feel we got bent over just adds to that. The future is now, we are in the ECF so I'm not going to harp or complain.

Loving Brassard/Wingels/Stalberg

We all enjoy it, we are all ****ing posters on a message board dedicated to the sport/team. I've literally followed hockey religiously since I was 5, and have been a die hard Sens fan posting and reading on here for over a decade, I don't need to listen to your holier' than thou act.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
No doubt. But to act like a 3rd rounder is insignificant to a team with:

Smith
Pageau
Hoffman
Stone
Wideman
Boro
Claesson
Harpur
Dzingel

As regulars (minus maybe Harpur, but he's a surefire NHLer regardless) drafted and developed by the Sens in the 3rd or later doesn't fly with me. This Sens team is built on the draft, specifically later rounds.

How many of those guys were third round picks? Smith?

Picks are important, but the difference between a third and a 6th is far less than most realize, but nobody would blink if we traded a 4th or 5th for a rental. After the second round, it's more quantity of picks than what round that's important.

We got a tangible asset for the pick, he helped with the run. We still have a very healthy prospect pool, That's not poor asset management by my books.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
How many of those guys were third round picks? Smith?

Picks are important, but the difference between a third and a 6th is far less than most realize, but nobody would blink if we traded a 4th or 5th for a rental. After the second round, it's more quantity of picks than what round that's important.

We got a tangible asset for the pick, he helped with the run. We still have a very healthy prospect pool, That's not poor asset management by my books.

Again, I've never once claimed it was. I was fine with the trade and Stalberg, and am fine/pleased with nor signing him.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Dorion addresses d'éthique at the trade deadline: bad asset management

The value of an acquisition is always a function of the price paid.

Dahlen was too much for Burrows
3rd was too much for Stalberg
1.65M was too much money and 2YRs was too much term for Thompson
2.5M was too much money and 2YRs was too much term for Burrows

Dorion won with me when he acquired Wingels for a 7th. He also would have won with me had he acquired Stafford for forward depth at the cost of a 6th. Same goes for a 3rd for Vanek, a 3rd for Stone, etc...

Why shouldn't people get upset when Dorion gets destroyed value-wise in almost every trade and signing he's made?

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
You can still enjoy watching the team and still not agree blindly with every move management makes.

Then your either being ignorant, or willfully blind if think you would have been enjoying this team take the Penguins to game 7 double OT of the ECF without those moves.

But no, you guys want to have your cake and eat it too. Doesnt work that way.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
[/B]

No, you're not right, but keep on truckin'

Directly from "The Moves were all worth it" thread:

We all enjoy it, we are all ****ing posters on a message board dedicated to the sport/team. I've literally followed hockey religiously since I was 5, and have been a die hard Sens fan posting and reading on here for over a decade, I don't need to listen to your holier' than thou act.

Quote yourself where you said literally we have nothing to show for Stalberg (while defending the value of a 3rd and getting irked at someone being ok with the trade), and then repost this right after it. All with a straight face :laugh:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Quote yourself where you said literally we have nothing to show for Stalberg (while defending the value of a 3rd and getting irked at someone being ok with the trade), and then repost this right after it. All with a straight face :laugh:

OK

I can't stand these remarks.

We wouldn't have taken him. We would have "another 3rd round prospect". Who was taken is irrelevant.

Stalberg trade is what it is, we have nothing to show for it. He was a depth 4th liner for our run.

I'm not complaining about the Stalberg trade, I'm fine with it. People are going to complain about it for sure, and I can understand why, even if I don't agree in this instance.

Using that excuse in general doesn't make sense to me (T.J Tynan, Nick Ritchie, etc.). There are lots of ways to defend that trade, I don't accept that one.

And it's nothing against Deku, I just can't stand that stance on trades.

Only trade I'm against is Burrows. Zib is what he is, a guy that looks like a world beater for 2 games, then literally invisible for 5.

I just don't like Burrows in general, he really isn't doing much. He had those two routine plays that ended up in Turris and Pageau skating the puck in and scoring, so credit there I guess, but other than that he really isn't doing anything.

I feel like we would be in the same spot without even making that trade. The fact I, personally, feel we got bent over just adds to that. The future is now, we are in the ECF so I'm not going to harp or complain.

Loving Brassard/Wingels/Stalberg

You mean where I say I'm fine with the Stalberg trade, and I just don't like the argument of "Wait until xxx (guy picked with the traded pick) is playing in the NHL" as a way to defend the trade? Not complaining about the trade....at all

I mean, sure?

Can you show me where I was "irked" at someone for being ok with the trade? That's news to me considering I'm ok with the trade...

Last edited:

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Then your either being ignorant, or willfully blind if think you would have been enjoying this team take the Penguins to game 7 double OT of the ECF without those moves.

But no, you guys want to have your cake and eat it too. Doesnt work that way.
Wrong.

If you want to blindly be a yes man and agree with everything management does that's your own prerogative.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site

One of those assets was given up to fill the spot that Nick Paul wasn't able to seize at the beginning of the season or even halfway through.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Not defending Dorion; We would have had to give up something to address the depth in the off season so we would be down something.

Stalberg was a good TDL acquisition for this team... paid too much, maybe by a round but I could see that as the asking price. He is a very useful player, if you are not counting on him to score. Dahlen well ... documented already.
As for Thompson. He fills a need now more than Stalberg would. If he is a great fit and helps .. I'll be more ok with the $ and term. The Brassard deal was Dorion's biggest. I don't like the gifted 2nd in that one. The rest are small potatoes that could have been better but they are not going to kill us.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
OK

You mean where I say I'm fine with the Stalberg trade, and I just don't like the argument of "Wait until xxx (guy picked with the traded pick) is playing in the NHL" as a way to defend the trade? Not complaining about the trade....at all

I mean, sure?

Can you show me where I was "irked" at someone for being ok with the trade? That's news to me considering I'm ok with the trade...

I'll agree that maybe I'm picking a bone with the wrong person, because there are people in here that are calling Dorion a clown despite the fact that he got tremendous results in year #1.

You don't have to agree with any of his moves so far I suppose. They are honestly so minor that it's hard to believe anyone feels that strongly about it one way or another, but it's a slow summer I guess...

But what you cant do (without looking dumb) is deny that Dorion's choice of coach and players did a good job this year. Like really freaking good.

He and his coach get the benefit of the doubt (for now) from this fan.

Skipee

Mar 27, 2010
Oh mah gawd is being a fan of this team ever tough. He doesn't resign Stalberg, so lets all jump off of a cliff! 2 years for Burrows, who management obviously viewed as a Niel replacement who still has some jam. Jump off the roof! :help:

SuperDuper101

May 15, 2013

Dorion won with me when he acquired Wingels for a 7th. He also would have won with me had he acquired Stafford for forward depth at the cost of a 6th. Same goes for a 3rd for Vanek, a 3rd for Stone, etc...

Why shouldn't people get upset when Dorion gets destroyed value-wise in almost every trade and signing he's made?

That's weird I didn't know you were secretly an NHL GM. Prices are set by the market. I doubt the opening offer to get Burrows was Dahlen. Regarding the price and term for Thompson and Burrows - we're a small market team in Canada in a city where we have pretty lousy weather. That affects the price we pay, like it or not.

The reality is our scouts identified the people we wanted and our GM paid the price to get them. That got us one goal away from a Stanley Cup Finals appearance, so it seems like the teams staff knows a lot more about hockey than you do.

Also I'm getting so sick of the Dahlen hype. I can't wait till he's a complete flop in the NHL. Yes, he has good stats in Swedish junior. Along with a ton of other players who for the most part never amounted to anything. Pointing to the small group of players who went on to become elite (Forsberg) is silly - especially when you consider that Forsberg was ranked as high as 4th for a long period of time in his draft year. People knew he was elite. Dahlen was not ranked nearly so high, and there is for sure a reason for that.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Oh mah gawd is being a fan of this team ever tough. He doesn't resign Stalberg, so lets all jump off of a cliff! 2 years for Burrows, who management obviously viewed as a Niel replacement who still has some jam. Jump off the roof! :help:

It is interesting. If you despise the owner, and you hate every move management makes/the management group I find it weird that some people will still continue to complain over and over, instead of using the only real voice they have, not supporting the team through $, advertising, etc.

I am not talking about a move here or there, there are clearly people on here who dislike both the owner, and management and have voice their opinion about it. Honestly, it's a perfectly fine opinion to have if you want, but I find it funny people will continue to interact and speak about the team. I hate Wal-Mart, guess what? I haven't shopped at a Wal-Mart since 2011, and I don't speak about them constantly. If Wal-Mart changed their entire business structure, and their management style that fits what I like, guess what? I would go back and shop there.

Hey at least back in the day Fuhr said, hey, I hate everything about Brian Murray, I will come back and talk about the team when he is gone. There you go Fuhr, a compliment towards you! :D

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009

...because you don't know the context/conditions around said trade? What happens then is people add their own context and then respond with outrage/disapproval.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Dorion addresses depth at the trade deadline: bad asset management

Exactly. People on this board are just ridiculous. I don't understand the need to be so ****ing negative all the time.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

Because he didn't, and you're wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad