The Official Overreaction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MountainGoat

I say trade all the veterans before the deadline and build up a nice supply of draft picks. The sooner we start the rebuild, the sooner we compete for the Cup.

if we rebuild we'll lose Schneider, I don't think anyone will get traded and we're stuck with what we have

jerseydevil

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Wow..what a whiny bunch of fans. Been a STH since 1982 (obviously family inc - im not quite that old yet)...but all the bad mouthing of Lou is simply embarrassing. I sat in front of a kid the other day (probably 22 or so) and he whined the whole game about how "everyone sucks"..he must have named every player. The he made the big mistake - "Lou sucks"..All I could think is that this little ****** knows absolutely nothing about building a team or what Lou has done for this organization. I know most of the people on here are kids and thats why I really dont post anymore..But for goodness sakes - show some *** respect to the man who built this franchise to what it is..Look at the banners in the rafters and say "thank you". You whiny little children need to grow up.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Wow..what a whiny bunch of fans. Been a STH since 1982 (obviously family inc - im not quite that old yet)...but all the bad mouthing of Lou is simply embarrassing. I sat in front of a kid the other day (probably 22 or so) and he whined the whole game about how "everyone sucks"..he must have named every player. The he made the big mistake - "Lou sucks"..All I could think is that this little ****** knows absolutely nothing about building a team or what Lou has done for this organization. I know most of the people on here are kids and thats why I really dont post anymore..But for goodness sakes - show some *** respect to the man who built this franchise to what it is..Look at the banners in the rafters and say "thank you". You whiny little children need to grow up.

This is the type of thinking that gets organizations into huge trouble. So were just supposed to live in the past, ignore the present and future and just watch old Stanley Cup Championship VHS'? Cool. We've had 1 cup contending team in a decade and are on the verge of giving up a top 8 pick. There has been questionable player personnel decision after questionable player personnel decision and we can't develop young players to save our lives. If you actually like whats been going on then you have incredibly low standards and have accepted mediocrity.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.

these kids were only 5 - 10 years old when we were winning championships, so yeah, they dont know anything about building contending teams

we arent blessed with a built in fan base like a lot of the other teams, we NEED to ice a competitive team to keep building our fan base

Lou did a lot of great things in the past, but sports is all about...what have you done for me lately

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

This is the type of thinking that gets organizations into huge trouble. So were just supposed to live in the past, ignore the present and future and just watch old Stanley Cup Championship VHS'? Cool. We've had 1 cup contending team in a decade and are on the verge of giving up a top 8 pick. There has been questionable player personnel decision after questionable player personnel decision and we can't develop young players to save our lives. If you actually like whats been going on then you have incredibly low standards and have accepted mediocrity.
Thanks for posting this before me.

So we're just supposed to shut up and not question Lou even if he's not that good of a GM anymore? Just like some people think that Marty is still good. Lou is not that good of a GM anymore. There's really no shame in that, no one will ever be as good as he was for as long as he was.

It's not like people are saying ''Lou sucks and he's NEVER been a good GM. The guy has always been ****, he blows'' People are saying he's not good now, and I don't really disagree with that thinking. The fact that I've followed Lou for so long and am a long time fan, is what really leads me to believe that he's not that good anymore. Same goes for Marty.

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005

Now this was the response I was looking for. Ok old man, I'll keep whining just for your sake. I made this thread so I'll humor you. Lou has been the slowest elite GM to adjust after he lockout in 04-05. When the game got faster, he signed big slow defense man that excelled with hooking and grabbing. When the league contracts shifted towards rewarding promise and future production, he yet again failed and shelled out big money for veterans for what they did.

Lou is over 70 years old. We are now more than a decade post championship days. He lost Zach Parise. No one being groomed in the system. He knew WELL in advance that Kovy was leaving too, yet he traded for Schneider. That single move tells me how stubborn that man is and how stubborn the "kool aid" drinkers or "special sauce" crowd are. He has his back against the wall and still will not level with the fans. He is still trying to convince us that this team full of band-aids are cup contenders.

Bottom line, He made a HUGE mistake with the 29th pick. He needed to put a team on the ice this year to win at all costs.

And for the record, it is completely asinine to call out any Devil fan for not respecting this man. It is even more asinine to be and remain an Uncle Rico. Yeah, I'm whiny. Because I want a championship team, not just a fringe playoff team. This is all just delaying that.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Now this was the response I was looking for. Ok old man, I'll keep whining just for your sake. I made this thread so I'll humor you. Lou has been the slowest elite GM to adjust after he lockout in 04-05. When the game got faster, he signed big slow defense man that excelled with hooking and grabbing. When the league contracts shifted towards rewarding promise and future production, he yet again failed and shelled out big money for veterans for what they did.

Lou is over 70 years old. We are now more than a decade post championship days. He lost Zach Parise. No one being groomed in the system. He knew WELL in advance that Kovy was leaving too, yet he traded for Schneider. That single move tells me how stubborn that man is and how stubborn the "kool aid" drinkers or "special sauce" crowd are. He has his back against the wall and still will not level with the fans. He is still trying to convince us that this team full of band-aids are cup contenders.

Bottom line, He made a HUGE mistake with the 29th pick. He needed to put a team on the ice this year to win at all costs.

And for the record, it is completely asinine to call out any Devil fan for not respecting this man. It is even more asinine to be and remain an Uncle Rico.

Yeah but we won 3 cups because of him 11 or more years ago.

NJ CUP*

and people say ranger fans have a hard time letting go of the past lol

i guess maybe people will start to question lou if he doesn't talk contract to cory and he gives him a deal on june 30th only to see him walk away.

then people give him credit by saying "no way lou should've paid that much for a goalie" lol

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
I just think that Lou deserves the benefit of the doubt. Consider that no GM is perfect and ours has given us 20 years of excellence for the most part. I don't think I trust any other GM in the game more to get us out of this.

I know a lot of guys are down on Lou. I know it's not the best argument in the world to bring up the past.

I trust Lou and think he's still a top GM in the game. Trust no one else with this organization. And will be sad when he goes. I think many people will regret wishing him gone when he goes too.

Lou's biggest fault right now is not firing Pete. I can't hold him responsible for Kovy/Parise leaving. I think he's earned 2 or 3 years of patience given how much success he brought to NJ.

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
I just think that Lou deserves the benefit of the doubt. Consider that no GM is perfect and ours has given us 20 years of excellence for the most part. I don't think I trust any other GM in the game more to get us out of this.

I know a lot of guys are down on Lou. I know it's not the best argument in the world to bring up the past.

I trust Lou and think he's still a top GM in the game. Trust no one else with this organization. And will be sad when he goes. I think many people will regret wishing him gone when he goes too.

Lou's biggest fault right now is not firing Pete. I can't hold him responsible for Kovy/Parise leaving. I think he's earned 2 or 3 years of patience given how much success he brought to NJ.

I still think he can do it, but will he? Without a rebuild, it'll take a big, big move. Look at the powerhouses from pre 2004 lockout.

Dallas- lands Lehtonen for peanuts. Lands Seguin for a bigger bag of peanuts. Gets some luck and drafts Benn and now have a very bright future.

Avalanche- Different route. Rebuild was 3+ years but committed to it and now are flourishing.

Detroit- on a different world compared to the rest, need I say more?

Who else- Philly?- they've been the same team for 20+ years lol.

It'll take a big trade from Lou to complete this rebuild on the fly. I'm not optimistic.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I don't think our future is so dim. If we resign Schneider. And if we develop our horde of defensive prospects properly.

Those are two big "ifs" I know.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
and people say ranger fans have a hard time letting go of the past lol

i guess maybe people will start to question lou if he doesn't talk contract to cory and he gives him a deal on june 30th only to see him walk away.

then people give him credit by saying "no way lou should've paid that much for a goalie
" lol

this is true, and has happened with a bunch of free agents that left
everybody says "I'm glad Lou didnt pay him that much", but if you get your own free agent to be before he hits the market you could get him for a decent contract
Lets see what Lou does with Cory and Andy Greene.....two important quality players he can lock up before they hit the market

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

I'm reserving judgement until the trade deadline.

If we roll through 2 consecutive trade deadlines with a log jam of d-men and a dearth of offensive talent, I'll be critical. If he makes a sweet trade which brings in a scoring fwd or picks/prospects while clearing up the back end? I'll be much happier.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK

Lou is a victim of his own success mate.

He brought us up, expecting the best.

Go watch second heaven. It’s a great vhs tape.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
I'm reserving judgement until the trade deadline.

If we roll through 2 consecutive trade deadlines with a log jam of d-men and a dearth of offensive talent, I'll be critical. If he makes a sweet trade which brings in a scoring fwd or picks/prospects while clearing up the back end? I'll be much happier.

wait till the start of next season, there might not be any takers for our D.
Lou might buy-out Sal or Volch over the summer and move on
I dont see any big trades happening this year

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Ya, I just don't see anyone taking our old D at the deadline. We might be able to trade young D for something shiny, but I don't think anyone will like the price that much. Plus after the Kovy crap Lou might be a bit hesitant to make another blockbuster if he isn't true that the new player is both worth it, and staying here.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Ya, I just don't see anyone taking our old D at the deadline. We might be able to trade young D for something shiny, but I don't think anyone will like the price that much. Plus after the Kovy crap Lou might be a bit hesitant to make another blockbuster if he isn't true that the new player is both worth it, and staying here.

It wasn't like him to make that move I think his hand was pushed. Lou will continue to nickle and dime this team and he may wind up with a good group. Problem is if the coaching staff cant make things work with the talent we have, then the coaching staff has to go.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
It wasn't like him to make that move I think his hand was pushed. Lou will continue to nickle and dime this team and he may wind up with a good group. Problem is if the coaching staff cant make things work with the talent we have, then the coaching staff has to go.

I think the trade for Kovi was all Lou, but signing him as a free agent was 99% JVB

but I agree about the coaching staff, either we get the players for Pete's system to work, OR we get a coach to get the current players to play better
whats easier?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

I stand by the idea that Stevens maybe more the issue then some like to admit. I just don't see him as a good coach...definitely no evidence of it. You still have positioning issues, pairings are a mess, the use of the guys on the roster isn't right. We are stuck with a flat-footed defense when we don't need to be.

I know we were spoiled with Big Bird, but we could be doing better then this.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
I stand by the idea that Stevens maybe more the issue then some like to admit. I just don't see him as a good coach...definitely no evidence of it. You still have positioning issues, pairings are a mess, the use of the guys on the roster isn't right. We are stuck with a flat-footed defense when we don't need to be.

Agree 100% on Scotty. I don't think he is doing a great job with the D at all. This was the worry I had about bringing him on. He turned Lou down many times and felt the time was not right. Then he decided to give it a shot. They need JL back to help Scotty and the D along.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
I think the trade for Kovi was all Lou, but signing him as a free agent was 99% JVB

but I agree about the coaching staff, either we get the players for Pete's system to work, OR we get a coach to get the current players to play better
whats easier?

Get a few more pieces. Hire a coach to make it work.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

U don't think there will be any interest in Zid's? I do. I think Volch has value as well(though he needs to be healthy), and Fayne? well maybe not so much value there, if only because he is a UFA.

Robinson was great, no doubt. But let's be real here, D is not the issue. And even if it were, Stevens is not making calls on who is in the lineup on a nightly basis. Volch and Sal were signed(and re-signed in Sals case) and mainstays b4 Stevens came aboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad