The Official Overreaction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
The current state of this franchise is abysmal. Everyone, EVERYONE and everything are part of the blame. We can go around and around and nitpick everything but it all leads to the top.

This is a clear move by a GM to save face. Trading a top pick, and brainwashing their fans' into thinking that depth and "interchangeable parts" can still win in this league. Sorry folks, we are almost 75% into a season. Hard work and controlling play can't win without elite talent. Pete has been instructed to win at all costs, which means play veterans and guys that play in his system and keep mistakes to a minimum. This is clearly jeopardizing the huge logjam of young prospects that should be playing and going through growing pains of a young player.

Fans need to make a statement. We aren't getting this pick back. And Lou has delayed this inevitable rebuild for too long and now we, the fans, will have to suffer that much more. For a fanbase that's conditioned to winning, this needs to reach the owners. A simple act like paper bags to home games for the rest of the year will send a clear message for change.

Whose in?

Devils Unseen Hand

Jul 25, 2002
Ocean County
The current state of this franchise is abysmal. Everyone, EVERYONE and everything are part of the blame. We can go around and around and nitpick everything but it all leads to the top.

This is a clear move by a GM to save face. Trading a top pick, and brainwashing their fans' into thinking that depth and "interchangeable parts" can still win in this league. Sorry folks, we are almost 75% into a season. Hard work and controlling play can't win without elite talent. Pete has been instructed to win at all costs, which means play veterans and guys that play in his system and keep mistakes to a minimum. This is clearly jeopardizing the huge logjam of young prospects that should be playing and going through growing pains of a young player.

Fans need to make a statement. We aren't getting this pick back. And Lou has delayed this inevitable rebuild for too long and now we, the fans, will have to suffer that much more. For a fanbase that's conditioned to winning, this needs to reach the owners. A simple act like paper bags to home games for the rest of the year will send a clear message for change.

Whose in?

I'm in!

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Pete's job is to manage the leak so to speak. It's like Chernobyl.

And I'm in.

SansaStark

Apr 11, 2013
i've been in for this for like 2 years already man.

at very least I would love to get TG to tell Lou that there is a large group of fans that are infuriated.

I swear sometimes I think Lou thinks all the fans are a bunch of casual fans drinking the koolaid. I hope he realizes there is a large group of informed fans that are aware a rebuild is necessary.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
i've been in for this for like 2 years already man.

at very least I would love to get TG to tell Lou that there is a large group of fans that are infuriated.

I swear sometimes I think Lou thinks all the fans are a bunch of casual fans drinking the koolaid. I hope he realizes there is a large group of informed fans that are aware a rebuild is necessary.

When you win for so long, I think you can get both arrogant and delusional. Lou could get away with these stunts when he was winning. Now that the luster has been off for awhile, it's become incredibly infuriating.

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
After this last lockout, I vowed to not put in another dollar into the NHL for an extended period of time aside from the games on tv. I will buy a ticket for the last home game and aim for that to be the date where the largest crowd of paper bags show up. Spread the word.

Mory Schneideur*

I got an idea, lets try to band together and make an overreaction fan section! :sarcasm:

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
I do think a ton of what's being said around here is turning into a series of grotesque overreactions.

...EXCEPT in regards to personnel decisions regarding role players and young players.

I've gotten to the point where I want to start breaking things whenever I see CBGB or Sal on the ice with under 4 minutes left. Meanwhile, Josefon and Loktionov are banished for nearly the entire third period or to the press box, and Larsson has to stew in Albany.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
you guys really need to organize something big. something impactful. id be in if it wasnt for the ocean :P

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
I think I'm going with a sign like this:

"27 years is enough!!! Lou, we thank you for your service but you need to RETIRE!!!!"

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
I got an idea, lets try to band together and make an overreaction fan section! :sarcasm:

Mr optimism, my arch nemesis. you are back.

Face it, We do not draft like the Wings or Sharks. Our rivals from the championship years have just turned their franchise around in 3 years and now are swimming in talent.

Mory Schneideur*

Mr optimism, my arch nemesis. you are back.

Face it, We do not draft like the Wings or Sharks. Our rivals from the championship years have just turned their franchise around in 3 years and now are swimming in talent.

I agree, I just would love to see an entire section of fans with bags on :laugh: I just still find it crazy we are 1 point out of 3rd in Metro. How is that possible? :laugh:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lou owes the fans an apology if we miss the playoffs again. Missing the playoffs 2 years in a row is something that's never happened under Lou.

devlzfan

Aug 28, 2007
Farmingdale, NY
This team is officially in purgatory. Not good enough to contend, not bad enough to be a laughing stock. And that is the WORST possible place to be in. They are being held hostage by these overpaid veterans while capable young players rot in Albany. I'm sorry but In Lou I Do Not Trust Anymore.

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
This team is officially in purgatory. Not good enough to contend, not bad enough to be a laughing stock. And that is the WORST possible place to be in. They are being held hostage by these overpaid veterans while capable young players rot in Albany. I'm sorry but In Lou I Do Not Trust Anymore.

Agreed. The Devils are slowly becoming the Calgary Flames, and I'm furious that no one in management seems to be doing anything to stop it.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Lou has this few days break to do something to gain a little bit of confidence back. ill be disappointed if nothing happens

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
I agree, I just would love to see an entire section of fans with bags on :laugh: I just still find it crazy we are 1 point out of 3rd in Metro. How is that possible? :laugh:

Again, you continually bring along points not pertaining to the Devils. We are only talking about the Devils here. How can you sit there and still believe that a team this far into the season will be successful in the PO with what, 1 meaningful win streak? A team carried by Jagr and Elias, win a 7 game series against any of the top 10 western teams?

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005

We are on the edge of a top 5 pick. And the Metro is horrible, but the other teams have games at hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad