TSN: The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread - PART XII

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Hate how 1200 consistently holds water for Sens management

They always says it's a great trade, beautiful return ect.

They need to be more critical of Sens management. Noticed they're only critical of Pierre Dorion once he left the organization, *** but while he was the main guy in charge** they Never called for his job, should be fired for missing the playoffs 6 years in a row. But now that he's not part of the Org they're constantly jabbing him.

Same for Return of Tarasenko

Holding water for Steve Staios " he had no other option"

"Did the best he could "

It's Okay to be critical.

Chris Stevenson went pretty hard at the trade and basically said Staois yesterday in the pregame and everybody was agreeing with him saying SS got schooled for not getting a 2nd rounder

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Haven't listened to TSN1200 morning since Simmer was let go. The timing coincided with me taking a late spring and summer off but I just never went back. I catch a bit of some pregame stuff occasionally and Dean and Gord a few times during games. The audio timing though (compared to cable) is way early on AM and FM 100 HD3 it's 10 seconds late. My car radio am is still set to 1200 but the few times I've turned it on for a few minutes around 10:30 am I get an American show. Looks like their summer schedule is permanent. Heard a bit of a 4-5 pm shows a few times when I tried to get some info on injuries and trades but the current hosts aren't to my liking so don't stay long. Didn't think I'd say this but I actually miss Lee.

WHen Dean Brown starts talking I turn off the radio.

It's too bad. Really feels like the station is just clinging to life and waiting for the doors to get shut.

Kinda wish all the former hosts would collaborate and start a big ol' podcast with multiple shows a day.

Reactions: Cosmix

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Chris Stevenson went pretty hard at the trade and basically said Staois yesterday in the pregame and everybody was agreeing with him saying SS got schooled for not getting a 2nd rounder

Stevenson has always been an idiot. He's so dumb that the Ottawa Sun kept Garrioch and Brennan over him.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Stevenson has always been an idiot. He's so dumb that the Ottawa Sun kept Garrioch and Brennan over him.

I didn’t agree and I thought he was talking more about media optics and presumed fan reaction.

The real issue is it doesn’t matter if it’s a 2nd, 3rd, 4th - if they hit on a player we will love the player and the trade will look alright and we’ll remember Tanks time here as positive and pretty cool that he deceided to come and play here and believed in the team

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
What a disgrace CTV news is, writing an article “revisiting” other multiple murders in Ottawa

The media is horseshit, completely controlled by corporations and the editors and journalist who decided to have this article in the bank waiting to publish are a f***ing disgrace

Reactions: Tnuoc Alucard

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
What a disgrace CTV news is, writing an article “revisiting” other multiple murders in Ottawa

The media is horseshit, completely controlled by corporations and the editors and journalist who decided to have this article in the bank waiting to publish are a f***ing disgrace
Human society is mostly garbage. Sorry but it’s reality

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario

Assuming you're referring to this piece... you may not like it, but the argument is there that it could be of public interest. In the wake of the Barrhaven murders, seems pretty logical that some people could be asking themselves how safe Ottawa really is. This provides historical context.

And RE: "in the bank"... this was published Thursday afternoon. More than willing to bet this was researched day-of, not a canned piece.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Assuming you're referring to this piece... you may not like it, but the argument is there that it could be of public interest. In the wake of the Barrhaven murders, seems pretty logical that some people could be asking themselves how safe Ottawa really is. This provides historical context.

And RE: "in the bank"... this was published Thursday afternoon. More than willing to bet this was researched day-of, not a canned piece.
that is a poor taste article

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Yep, the old need to check in on “how safe is Ottawa really” when it’s the safest place in North America.

This is the media selling murder gawking as journalism. It’s why journalism has faded from respected profession to somewhere close to prostitution.

I believe we need a real media - this is not it. This is repackaged suffering and nightmares sold as news

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Yep, the old need to check in on “how safe is Ottawa really” when it’s the safest place in North America.

This is the media selling murder gawking as journalism. It’s why journalism has faded from respected profession to somewhere close to prostitution.

I believe we need a real media - this is not it. This is repackaged suffering and nightmares sold as news
Meh. It's sharing readily available information from the archives. There's no glorifying here. The article can be looked at through a cynical angle, sure — maybe the digital powers-that-be are angling for more click-throughs to past murders. But in the wake of what seems to be the city's largest mass murder, I don't see the objection to sharing context.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Congrats to the dudes at LockedonSens. 1000 episodes during a pandemic and an endless rebuild they done well - must listen now for Sens fans

Reactions: Wondercarrot

kilroy

Aug 13, 2007

It's too bad. Really feels like the station is just clinging to life and waiting for the doors to get shut.

Kinda wish all the former hosts would collaborate and start a big ol' podcast with multiple shows a day.
The station is clinging to life and they are waiting for the doors to get shut. The only thing keeping it going is the radio broadcast rights for Sens games. One those expire, the station will likely just go silent. Just like every other TSN radio station, outside of Toronto and Montreal, has had happen to them over the last few years.

Last edited:

redbrick98

Jun 6, 2023
The station is clinging to life and they are waiting for the doors to get shut. The only thing keeping it going is the radio broadcast rights for Sens games. One those expire, the station will likely just go silent. Just like every other TSN radio station, outside of Toronto and Montreal, has had happen to them over the last few years.
You don't think Sens broadcast gets renewed by the team/ Andlauer group ?

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
I don't know about you guys, but I have been binging on Spittin Chiclets podcasts. These guys are something else....they seem to know their hockey as well.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

You and I are on the exact same page on this issue… one just has to see who sponsors the national newscasts, on the major TV networks in both Canada and the USA, to see who the puppet masters are, and why they never seem to get negative news coverage, even when they clearly deserve it…. They also are huge campaign contributors to all parties/candidates to also help control the “system” and the narrative that flows from both the media and the current government regardless of party.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I mean all mainstream media outlets are garbage and controlled. Fear mongering and viewership while pushing a certain agenda is what they are out to accomplish.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
I mean all mainstream media outlets are garbage and controlled. Fear mongering and viewership while pushing a certain agenda is what they are out to accomplish.
it has been that way forever. Town criers are centuries old.

Do you know what else has been that way forever? Idiot masses...

We believe, we follow, we get manipulated.

Read up on the work of a psychologist did in the immediate aftermath of WWII and the Nuremberg trials and his assessment of the people on trial.. Ignorant masses, easily to manipulate masses, easy to scare masses.

When old George W would get himself into trouble in the early 2000.. Good old Osama would suddenly produce a tape full of threats.. Now everyone shifted attention. Most Damn convenient terrorist ever born. Phenomenal timing on him..

Rempe comes in, acts as a loveable thug, suddenly if it bleeds, it leads on Sports TV.. Then he throws an elbow and media is running for cover and trying to distance themselves.

Did you know Tarasenko has Sen in it??? NO.... Yea, yea, we can spend the summer of 2023 going gaga over it. Then sell him for nothing and have a 2023/2024 colossal collapse..

Idiot masses. All media does is start the organ music.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
it has been that way forever. Town criers are centuries old.

Do you know what else has been that way forever? Idiot masses...

We believe, we follow, we get manipulated.

Read up on the work of a psychologist did in the immediate aftermath of WWII and the Nuremberg trials and his assessment of the people on trial.. Ignorant masses, easily to manipulate masses, easy to scare masses.

When old George W would get himself into trouble in the early 2000.. Good old Osama would suddenly produce a tape full of threats.. Now everyone shifted attention. Most Damn convenient terrorist ever born. Phenomenal timing on him..

Rempe comes in, acts as a loveable thug, suddenly if it bleeds, it leads on Sports TV.. Then he throws an elbow and media is running for cover and trying to distance themselves.

Did you know Tarasenko has Sen in it??? NO.... Yea, yea, we can spend the summer of 2023 going gaga over it. Then sell him for nothing and have a 2023/2024 colossal collapse..

Idiot masses. All media does is start the organ music.

It’s like here on Ottawa, every time the O-train broke down there as Pierre Dorion making a horrible trade or losing a 1st round draft pick

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

I turn Brown off too. I would rather listen to Boomer on Sirius XM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad