Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
This morning's broadcast...is mixed.
Creech maks a great point.
Simmer: " Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah."
Creech: Good point about Olympics, etc.
Simmer: "Yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure, yeah."

For goodness sake just cut his mic or invite someone who isn't just a glib take machine to fill his spot.
Better yet, send Simmer to speech therapy or to Toastmasters or something so he can express himself and learn to let others have their say.
Awful, awful stuff, shutting down TSN1200 until the game starts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Radiogirl

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I do think it’s hilarious that you’ve got the guys on the drive talking about how the change the channel when certain commercials come on TSN 1200 when they’re listening to other shows. They said they understand listeners doing the same and just ask that the come back after the commercial.

Meanwhile we’ve got posters in here shaming fans for making fun of the ridiculous commercials.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I do think it’s hilarious that you’ve got the guys on the drive talking about how the change the channel when certain commercials come on TSN 1200 when they’re listening to other shows. They said they understand listeners doing the same and just ask that the come back after the commercial.

Meanwhile we’ve got posters in here shaming fans for making fun of the ridiculous commercials.

Wait, now we're being shamed for disliking the atrocious ads on 1200?

I literally have to either turn it off or turn down the volume during most ad breaks with how grating their ads are. Spence Diamonds being the biggest culprit.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Just a minor thing about the JBD comments today - the NHL is not a man’s game, it’s a sport that’s played by the best, not the best men. Media should stop referring to it as a “man’s game” because it isn’t a man’s game, it’s just dominated by men. One day a woman will play in the NHL so not need to call it a man’s league - old school lanaguage.

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
Was a loyal listener for many years but the station has just been awful since Ian left.
Need to listen to some talk during the work day so I've been listening/watching non hockey youtube videos and my regular podcasts and it's honestly refreshing, don't miss it one bit

Reactions: stigs17

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Just a minor thing about the JBD comments today - the NHL is not a man’s game, it’s a sport that’s played by the best, not the best men. Media should stop referring to it as a “man’s game” because it isn’t a man’s game, it’s just dominated by men. One day a woman will play in the NHL so not need to call it a man’s league - old school lanaguage.
go get em Lloydie

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
go get em Lloydie

it is weird to me that so many hosts with daughters continue calling it a man’s league - some girls dream of playing in the NHL so that dream should be allowed to live machismo free

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
it is weird to me that so many hosts with daughters continue calling it a man’s league - some girls dream of playing in the NHL so that dream should be allowed to live machismo free
To be fair... the sentiment that the NHL is a "mans league" is typically expressed with the intent of saying that younger players -- "boys" -- aren't ready to play in the league. Eg, when they sent Spezza back to Jr the year he was cut, Jacques Martin's quote was that "the NHL is a mans league".

I agree that it'd be better if they changed the language. Something along the lines of "you need to be really strong to play in the NHL". Which is true.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
I like his takes too but like some people have a face for radio, he’s got a voice for print
2 things would be great.

1) A better modulating voice capture system, so instant up volume when he speaks low and down volume when he or AJ speak loud.
2) a 5 second transmission delay, with the input audio system correcting for gaps larger than 2 seconds. It would reduce the Hums and Haws that CJ and Creech are terrible for.

All you RH/HF engineers, business plan. There are a few thousands stations in Canada and a few hundred thousand stations in the USA.

Think of it as Photo-shopping for voice.

In fact 3) attenuation of high pitch, or low pitch. Attenuation of ear dead zone frequencies and you can make a size 14 look like a size 4.

Now you have a few thousand customer service stations, a few thousand government agencies. Now we would be able to understand John from Bangladesh as he answers on behalf of Bell Canada.

Reactions: Joeyjoejoe

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
2 things would be great.

1) A better modulating voice capture system, so instant up volume when he speaks low and down volume when he or AJ speak loud.
2) a 5 second transmission delay, with the input audio system correcting for gaps larger than 2 seconds. It would reduce the Hums and Haws that CJ and Creech are terrible for.

All you RH/HF engineers, business plan. There are a few thousands stations in Canada and a few hundred thousand stations in the USA.

Think of it as Photo-shopping for voice.

In fact 3) attenuation of high pitch, or low pitch. Attenuation of ear dead zone frequencies and you can make a size 14 look like a size 4.

Now you have a few thousand customer service stations, a few thousand government agencies. Now we would be able to understand John from Bangladesh as he answers on behalf of Bell Canada.

we just want to bitch and moan. We dont need to be told how the sausage is made in every post

Reactions: Johnny Hanson

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
im plenty stupid but smart enough to know im stupid :sarcasm:
good step 1). Please graduate to step 2).

upload_2021-12-22_11-56-59.png

one of the people I admire most

lancepitlick

Nov 20, 2016
Man Stevenson is unbearably bad on the radio. It makes me pine for Versage.

Nothing he says is particularly stupid, but he's monotone and it takes him 2 minutes to say the most basic and non-controversial thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad