The Official NHL Player BRAG Thread

Toronto_AGM_Adil

Apr 9, 2006
Corey Crawford with two solid performances... a shut-out against the ducks and a decent game against the Wings (42 SVs and a .957 SV%).

Hopefully he continues to do well since we need both Crawford and Schwarz to do well this year so that Tony and Brock give us good reviews in the goalie prospect category for next year!

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Daniel Sedin is 27th in the scoring race

Joe Corvo is 15th among defenseman in scoring

Tobias Enström is 16th among defenseman in scoring and 1st among rookie defenseman.

Petr Sykora is on track for his best season since 2001.

Johan Franzén has already scored 17 goals, before this season he hadnt score more then 12.

Ruslan Fedotenko might score a new personal record this season. He has right now 33 points while his record is 41.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Rumour has it that Swingstein & Sons are seen going through this thread and may use the posting in contract negotiation for pending RFA and UFA:)

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Johan Franzén, nhl player of the month?

He has scored 14 goals in the last 13 games and scored 6 game winning goals during march and broke Gordie Howes contract. Franzén who has scored 26 goals this season is signed for 1.5M$ next season :) If he continue to score like this next season he will break Gretzkys 90+ goal season :)

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
The Panthers are very excited to have 2 of the top 5 scoring defenseman in the league for next season in Brian Campbell and Mark Streit. We've also got Brent Burns and Tom Gilbert who havent been slouches either this season with 12 goals a piece. Here's hoping this improves the Panthers powerplay next season!

So the Panthers are going to finish the NHL season with 5 defenseman hitting the 30 point plateau.

Brian Campbell - 7 goals, 52 assists, 59 points - 3rd in the NHL in defenseman points
Mark Streit - 12 goals, 46 assists, 58 points - 4th in the NHL in defenseman points
Brent Burns - 15 goals, 28 assists, 43 points - 14th in points, 6th in goals
Tom Gilbert - 13 goals, 20 assists, 33 points - 31st in points, 7th in goals
Ruslan Salei - 6 goals, 24 assists, 30 points - 38th in points

Campbell and Streit (if he isnt injured) still have 3 games left to hit the 60 point plateau.

On top of that, Johnny Oduya is a +25 (to go along with 24 points). His +25 is 4th among NHL blueliners.

AND on top of that, the Panthers still have a top 3 defenseman in Eric Brewer, and two other solid defenseman in Radek Martinek and Bryce Salvador.

The Panthers defense is going to be crowded next season!

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Johan Franzén, nhl player of the month?

He has scored 14 goals in the last 13 games and scored 6 game winning goals during march and broke Gordie Howes contract. Franzén who has scored 26 goals this season is signed for 1.5M$ next season :) If he continue to score like this next season he will break Gretzkys 90+ goal season :)

that pace actually "only" equals 88,3 goals in 82 games. ;)

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
A couple Canucks youngsters are making a push to make the HFNHL cut next year:

Brooks Laich - 10 goals, 17 points in his last 19 games. (20, 30 points overall)

David Krejci - 8 points in his last 4 games, named NHL 3rd star for last week, with Bruins fans arguing over whether he's going to be better than Patrice Bergeron (26 points in 53 games overall)

Nigel Dawes - 21 points in 35 games since his early January recall (27 points in 57 games overall)

Kris Letang - 17 points in 61 games with the Penguins, making them wish Ryan Whitney played the way Letang did.

Carey Price - Has played extremely well since being given the #1 role.

To be honest though, not sure any of these guys other than Laich will make the club next year.

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
The Colorado defense also looks to be pretty crowded, with 4 guys in the top 34 in scoring. Lubomir Visnovsky, Mathieu Schneider, Michael Roszival and Paul Ranger. The defense also has Stephane Robidas (52nd in scoring), Mike Komisarek (94th), Bryan Allen (109th) and Derian Hatcher (184th). Two rookies who are ready to step in as 7th/8th defensemen are Kris Russell (2+8=10pts) and Mike Lundin (0+6=6pts). On top of that Ryan Parent and Brian Lee have been playing good with their NHL teams and are expected to start next season in the NHL.

So all in all that makes 10 HFNHL ready defensemen and 2 that could be signed for depth purposes if needed, so Colorado might also be taking offers for defensemen at the draft.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
I'll have like 9 NHL ready defensemen too, and with low salary most of them... so I'll be ready to make a deal at the draft.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
The Colorado defense also looks to be pretty crowded
So all in all that makes 10 HFNHL ready defensemen and 2 that could be signed for depth purposes if needed, so Colorado might also be taking offers for defensemen at the draft.

I'll have like 9 NHL ready defensemen too, and with low salary most of them... so I'll be ready to make a deal at the draft.

Hey! They answered to me first. Back off! :D

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica

And so if I have 9 and everyone else has 9.... then who has none or very few.... or is there just this big surplus?

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Another Flame prospect makes his NHL Debut

Columbus also reassigned goalie Dan LaCosta to Syracuse. The 22-year-old LaCosta made his NHL debut at Nashville on March 25. He stopped all five shots he faced in 13:09 minutes. He was 7-2-3 with one shutout in 12 games with Syracuse this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad