The Official NHL Player BRAG Thread

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Since we have a thread for our prospects, how about one for our NHL players performing well early in the season...

Brian Campbell currently leads NHL defenseman in scoring with 1 goal and 8 assists through 4 games.

Mike Richards has 2 goals and 3 assists in 4 games. Hopefully he can continue his ppg pace.

Jeff Hamilton has 2 goals and 4 assists through 6 games, putting him on a nice ppg pace as well

Brent Burns has 2 GWG through 5 games and leads the perfect Minnesota Wild in icetime.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Jeff Hamilton has 2 goals and 4 assists through 6 games, putting him on a nice ppg pace as well

Very nice pick-up!! :handclap: He has found himself a role and a team in Carolina that is using his talents. Could be the next Martin St. Louis Lite!

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Very nice pick-up!! :handclap: He has found himself a role and a team in Carolina that is using his talents. Could be the next Martin St. Louis Lite!

And I almost had a trade for him :(

Daniel Sedin has started with 3 goals and 4 assist in five game for 7 points. If this continues he will breake those 84 points he had last season.

Johan Holmqvist has played 4 games for Tampa and won three of them and looks to be the starter of Tampa this season.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Randy Jones currently has 4 assits and a +5 in just 4 games, while getting good icetime.
Greg Zanon is averaging over 21 minutes a night in Nashville
Bruno Gervais has 3 assists in 6 games and is getting top-4 icetime.

Considering that my current top-7 (McCabe, Regehr, Salo, Smith, Weber, Staios, Mezei) are all under contract through next season, my defense is looking pretty deep.

Toronto_AGM_Adil

Apr 9, 2006
Jeff Hamilton has 2 goals and 4 assists through 6 games, putting him on a nice ppg pace as well.

Yah, I think it's fair to say that you definitly won out on that trade :) I think though that Jeff Hamilton is one of the more under-valued guys who have managed to work their way up through the AHL and I'm really glad he is doing so well.

And I almost had a trade for him :(

And to be fair, I would have made the same deal with any other GM but Brock was the only one who bothered to put a fair offer on the table... so I hope he has a great season for your Brock!

Last edited:

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Maxime Talbot is leading Pittsburgh in goals with three.

(looks up in the air for the incoming bomb from Doug)

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Yah, I think it's fair to say that you definitly won out on that trade :) I think though that Jeff Hamilton is one of the more under-valued guys who have managed to work their way up through the AHL and I'm really glad he is doing so well.

And to be fair, I would have made the same deal with any other GM but Brock was the only one who bothered to put a fair offer on the table... so I hope he has a great season for your Brock!

But also, who expected him to do so well, and who expects him to keep this pace. I traded for him in hopes that maybe with the right amount of powerplay time he could become a 40-50 point player this season and continue to be a cheaper asset on my 3rd or 4th line. His excellent start is surprising to say the least, especially since I expected him to start the year on a line with Craig Adams and Trevor Letowski when I acquired him!

HFNHL Red Wings

Briefly ...

The goaltending battle for the HFNHL Wings is going to be interesting
Nicklas Backstrom - 4 GP, 1.00 GAA, .959 sav%, 2 SO
Henrik Lundqvist - 5 GP, 2.02 GAA, .934 sav%

At forward there are 3 pt per game guys in Rolston, Dumont and Boyes.
In Boyes case it is four goals in four games ... lets just give him the Rocket Richard trophy now ;)

In terms of rookies Hanzal has a tidy 3 pts in 5 gms despite starting off the seaon on the 4th line ... Peter Mueller who? :naughty:

Finally Nicklas Lidstrom is off to a slow start with only 5pts in 6 games but is tied for the league lead amongst all skaters with a +7

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
The Flames are scoring at a blistering pace.

Iginla has 10 points in his last five - is fifth in the NHL with 13 points.

Langkow isn't playing on a line with Iggy (except PP) and still has 7 goals and 11 points (9th in the league)

Prospals 7 goals tie him for 2nd in the league in goals scored.

Datsyuk is the 4th Flames player in the top 20 in scoring, with 10 points.

Wolski started on the 4th line but has moved up to playing alongside Sakic, and has 5 points in his last 4 games.

Hamhuis and Beauchimen are in the top 10 in D scoring, while Martin is 20th

Toronto_AGM_Adil

Apr 9, 2006
Lasse Kukkonen is ranked 17th in the league in +/- which is impressive considering he is the only player in the top 30 +/- ranking without a single point.

Mats Sundin is tied for 2nd in the league for points with 14 points in 9 games

Bill Guerin is tied for 12th in the league for points with 10 points in 8 games

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Has anyone else got to the point where they don't even care if their favorite teams wins - as long as your HFNHL players keep scoring?

Oh.. maybe it's just me... the Flames lost

BUT LANGKOW GOT HIS LEAGUE LEADING 8th GOAL... YES YES YES!

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Rick Nash8gp 7g 5a 12p :yo:
Corey Perry 11gp 5g 3a 8p :yo:
Matt Sajan 10gp 3g 4a 7p :yo:
Chris Higgins 8gp 3g 4a 7p :yo:
Niklas Hagman 8gp 5g 2a 7p :yo:
Ryane Clowe 9gp 3g 2a 5p :yo:

PasiK

Jun 11, 2007
Paimio, Finland
Scott Niedermayer 0 games 0+0 :shakehead
Peter Forsberg 0 games 0+0 :cry:
Steve Sullivan 0 games 0+0 :help:

Alex Burrows 9gms 1+3 +4 :handclap:

:bow:
bio-minichev.gif
LEE STEMPNIAK IS HOT
arrow-up-hot.gif

6 pts in last 6 GP

:bow:
bio-minichev.gif
KEITH TKACHUK IS HOT
arrow-up-hot.gif

5 pts in last 3 GP

Toronto_AGM_Adil

Apr 9, 2006
Has anyone else got to the point where they don't even care if their favorite teams wins - as long as your HFNHL players keep scoring?

I know what you mean... nice thing for us though is that we have Sundin and Ponikarovski anyways :) Hard though deciding who to root for when Vokoun is playing against the Leafs:shakehead

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
It seems like my 2nd round pick from 2003 seems to be good afterall. At the time I took Tobias Enström as 59th overall alot of people had question about his size, now the game is different.

He has played all 9 games for Atlanta and has 1goal and 2 assist so far. Enström played over 28 minutes last game, more then five minutes more then the 2nd defenseman. With Jones, Edler and Enström not signed the future looks bright in Tampa.

Andrew Chang-Sang

Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
Washington...no brag just fact

Jaroslav Spacek in 5 games.... 4 goals, 6 points

Kris Draper in 10 games....5 goalss!!! but a CY Young candidate with 0 assists

Pascal LeClaire in 5 games....3 wins 3 SHUTOUTS! GAA 1.61 and a .936 SP

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Iggy and Langks 3rd and 4th in scoring in the league... and Red Wings rookie Matt Ellis has 5 points in his last 4 games including his first two NHL goals.

Default101

Oh.. maybe it's just me... the Flames lost

BUT LANGKOW GOT HIS LEAGUE LEADING 8th GOAL... YES YES YES!

here's my goal for tonight

Pens 5 - Leafs 4 OT, Laraque 5 pts, Tlusty 3G-1A :D best of both worlds...

but honestly Tlusty has been one of the best players on the ice for the leafs tonight in his debut (through 1 period atleast)

Well games over, didn't get the result i got but i did get close to the point production i was hoping for

Jiri Tlusty 2G +2 in his NHL debut with 11:14 TOI looks like the beginning of a great career, he was by far one of the best players on the ice tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Default101

Well so far for Phoenix...

E. Belanger 10GP - 3G - 5A - 8PTS - +10
P. Kessel 9GP - 5G - 2A - 7PTS - -5
J. Tlusty 1GP - 2G - 0A - 2PTS - +2
S. Yelle 10GP - 0G - 2A - 2PTS - +0
W. Smith 9GP - 0G - 1A - 1PT - +1
M. Smith 8GP - 0G - 1A - 1PT - +1

C. Campoli 8GP - 2G - 5A - 7PTS - -2

M. Gerber 6W-1L 1SO 2.13GAA .936 SV%

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Nik Antropov 11 games 7g-7a-14pts 4th in the leauge. Leads NHL with a +11 rating
Marcus Naslund 3g-4a-7pts
Patrice Bergeron 3g-4a-7pts
Matt Lombardi 3g-3a-6pts

Brian Pothier 1g-4a-5 pts + 5

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Ok, a few for the Canucks:

Eric Staal - 12 games, 9 goals, 15 points, +4 (seemingly back to his 100 point form)

Evgeny Malkin - 10 games, 3 goals, 13 points (may have outplayed Crosby so far, and will only put up more points as the Pens get going)

Matt Cullen - 12 games, 3 goals, 12 points (the straw that stirs Carolina's drink? He is their PP QB after all)

Mike Ribeiro - 7 games, 3 goals, 10 points and a +5. (tied for team lead despite missing first three games)

Kristian Huselius - 11 games, 6 goals, 10 points (proving even with Keenan, last year was no fluke)

Brendan Morrison - 12 games, 4 goals, 8 points and Even (Sedins and Naslund are -4, -4 and -5)

Nigel Dawes - 2 goals in his last 2 games, up on the top line now.

Drew Stafford, Patrick Eaves, Ryan Callahan, Brooks Laich and David Krejci - all playing third line roles on their teams.

Tomas Kaberle - 12 games, 4 goals, 8 points, +4 (he's no Bryan McCabe, but...)

Andrej Meszaros, 10 games, 2 goals, 6 points, +3 and 12 PIMs (particularly strong the last few games)

Andy Greene - playing a top 4 role in NJ as a rookie.

Ilya Bryzgalov - 7 games, 2.16 GAA, .924 SV% (Should be a #1 in this league)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad