OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
All I've seen from this Nashville-Vancouver series is that both these teams are pretty mediocre and I should bet the mortgage on Edmonton next round

Edmonton making it to the Cup due the central killing itself is also a viable option lol

Saros been shaky all season

Connor had a fantastic season. Avs just abusing that entire team this series

I think the Jets being so damn slow does him no favors. Maybe if he was here in NJ behind a faster team would help him way more but I'm not sure with how he's played in the playoffs recently. A lot of these good goalies are getting bombarded in the year's playoffs besides Shesty and Bob.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I picked Winnipeg in 7 before the series started. Mostly because Georgiev has been a mess.

But every year there’s one series where I immediately recant by game 1 or 2. That was this one this year.

I completely 180’d after game 2 and said I now think it’s probably Colorado in 5. As long as Georgiev holds up.

Colorado completely dominated every game this series. Even game 1.

I really regret picking Winnipeg. I don’t even regret picking Nashville over Vancouver. I absolutely regret the Winnipeg pick.

I should have known better, especially since I was the one completely shutting down the talk of Winnipeg being a contender even before this series started.

They were never a contender. Colorado is.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Saros looks equally ass as well, that goal he just gave up to Zadorov would have half our fanbase looking for nooses if he did that in the playoffs
True, but at least they made the dance. I'd rather be complaining about our goaltending after another 50 win season again than to be contemplating whether to trade our top 10 pick for one.

Goalies are weird. You never know which one will get hot in the playoffs or which great regular season goalie will faceplant. Although Saros hasn't been his usual self this season, so it's not entirely surprising. Helle is the more surprising one to me, but he has had disappointing playoff performances before.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Saros looks equally ass as well, that goal he just gave up to Zadorov would have half our fanbase looking for nooses if he did that in the playoffs
That goal was actually funny.

Only seeing the stupid 8 second clip on the NHL app with no replays or other angles, it looked like he whiffed on it or something.

It was a stupid looking good.

Reactions: My3Sons

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Edmonton making it to the Cup due the central killing itself is also a viable option lol

I think the Jets being so damn slow does him no favors. Maybe if he was here in NJ behind a faster team would help him way more but I'm not sure with how he's played in the playoffs recently. A lot of these good goalies are getting bombarded in the year's playoffs besides Shesty and Bob.
I always think of that Nashville-Winnipeg series from 17-18. One of the best series in recent history only for the Jets to have nothing left in the tank after 7 games of intensity and getting rolled by Vegas in 5 in the WCF

Reactions: Guadana

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
True, but at least they made the dance. I'd rather be complaining about our goaltending after another 50 win season again than to be contemplating whether to trade our top 10 pick for one.

Goalies are weird. You never know which one will get hot in the playoffs or which great regular season goalie will faceplant. Although Saros hasn't been his usual self this season, so it's not entirely surprising. Helle is the more surprising one to me, but he has had disappointing playoff performances before.

I still think Markstrom is the smartest option probably with how they play, he's elite 5v5 and won't cost the 10th overall which I still think this roster needs to use it on itself instead of an outside player. And yes, I agree for the most part but it's still the last position I'd go all in on. That being said, I think the Devils have no chance to do that after the year they had. No coach worth their name will come here if they see the shit options in net.

Only seeing the stupid 8 second clip on the NHL app with no replays or other angles, it looked like he whiffed on it or something.

The dreaded reverse VH. The former goalie in me has a spaz attack whenever I see it in the NHL, the butterfly has killed the position so much since goalies are always playing the bottom part of the ice on every shot.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami

He was down on his knees and couldn’t get up in time. Shot went over his shoulder.

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Speaking of Winnipeg in 17-18 and their playoff exit tonight they have got to be one of the more disappointing teams in recent memory and would probably be talked about more if it wasn't for Toronto getting all the media attention.

Huge run in 17-18 and primed to compete for years with lots of great young players Scheifele and Hellebuyck (24), Trouba (23), Morrissey (22), Ehlers and Connor (21) Laine (19). Lowry (24) Copp (23) and Roslovic (21) looked promising too.

They won 9 playoff games in 17-18 and a combined 9 playoff games in the following 6 years.

Unfortunate they suddenly lost Buf when he was still playing great. Wheeler declined. Couple guys forced their way out. Their top forwards all never learned to play defense. Lots of playoff noshows. They also haven't developed a single top 6 forward or top 4 dman in all those years since.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Saros been shaky all season

Connor had a fantastic season. Avs just abusing that entire team this series
Good news for us, maybe it brings down the ask a little to something reasonable.

I feel like the goalie market on the top netminders has been similar to my friend's dad's Monopoly strategy:

"Oh, you want to buy this street I've got?"
"It'll cost you all of your streets + 100 million in cash + you do the dishes for a week".

Needless to say, the dude didnt wanna play monopoly :laugh:

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
But I was told that if we traded half our assets for Hellebuyck and signed him to a long-term deal that would solve all the Devils problems. :sarcasm:

and who was that annoying poster that went on and on about Helle in every Devs thread on the main boards about goalies?
I'm trying to recall who that was as well. Really made me turn on Winnipeg and happy to see Hellebuyck get lit up yet again this postseason.

Those playoff stats the past two years...woof...

1714562516616.png

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
But I was told that if we traded half our assets for Hellebuyck and signed him to a long-term deal that would solve all the Devils problems. :sarcasm:

and who was that annoying poster that went on and on about Helle in every Devs thread on the main boards about goalies?

Still not sold on Markstrom either. Age is a huge factor for me on Markstrom considering we already have Allen too. Maybe saros is worth something, hopefully his contract demands lower a bit if nash fizzles out.

I don't really want to give up lots of good assets for a goalie either I feel like we could potentially roll the dice with Allen and even Kahk if our forward or D core can stay healthy next season.

If saros is available for not a ransoms price I'll do it.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Still not sold on Markstrom either. Age is a huge factor for me on Markstrom considering we already have Allen too. Maybe saros is worth something, hopefully his contract demands lower a bit if nash fizzles out.

I don't really want to give up lots of good assets for a goalie either I feel like we could potentially roll the dice with Allen and even Kahk if our forward or D core can stay healthy next season.

If saros is available for not a ransoms price I'll do it.
Then you’d better hope Nashville loses this series lol…if Saros has straightened out and they come back he’s going back in the vault

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Hellebuyck is a world-class goalie, this doesn't change that. What it does show, however, is that the playoffs are always a crap shoot. An average goalie can get hot in a small sample size, and an elite goalie can poop the bed just as easily.

You always want to go in with the best goalie in the series, but if you leave him out to dry more often than not and just can't match the opponent's skating and level of chances, then it will likely not make a difference.

This just continues to prove there is no sure thing in net these days. The team style of play and structure makes a bigger difference these days in my eyes. The speed of the game is just on another level compared to when there were more than just 2 or 3 goalies you could consider elite.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

50 seconds in is a good view of it. Went blocker side, the glove waive I think is Saros hoping he can make a behind the head glove save?

This to me looks like a small goalie problem. Stop the vid at the 54 sec mark. He is giving up a ton of space up top.

Reactions: Bleedred

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad