GDT: The Official Los Angeles Playoff thread

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Columbus could separate themselves further from us and help LA by beating Vancouver. They're up 3-2 in the 3rd.

Make it 4-2 thanks to Marko Dano.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
It would be SOOOOOO hurricanes for LA to miss the playoffs.

Trade market's best rental D to the team that won two cups over the last three years and include a condition that they need to make the playoffs to send the pick in 2015, sure whatever they'll make it right? Nope, here comes Minnesota and Devan "Patrick Roy" "Steve" Dubnyk and Calgary somehow going on a ridiculous run without their Norris contender #1 defenseman.

Edit: Don't forget about frickin Winnipeg, at least we'll get a 5th for Tlusty instead of a 6th! :sarcasm:

Last edited:

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Still thinking any loss by LA is a good one. I just don't see them missing the Playoffs.

I mean they just have to edge out one of Winnipeg, Minnesota, Calgary, and Vancouver. Right?

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
Kings lose
Nucks win
Flames get a point
Minnesota wins
Winnipeg is winning
Toronto - wow just tied it actually!

Ugh. Days like these I wonder why I bother :dunno::shakehead

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Any loss by the Kings is a good one. I get the desire to get another pick this year, but I'd rather have a pick that's between 1-30 next year than between 18-30 this year. There's simply better odds that we'll get a higher pick next year.

Pipe dream time: Kings completely collapse next year, Canes win the Cup, still get 1st overall. :sarcasm:

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Any loss by the Kings is a good one. I get the desire to get another pick this year, but I'd rather have a pick that's between 1-30 next year than between 18-30 this year. There's simply better odds that we'll get a higher pick next year.

Pipe dream time: Kings completely collapse next year, Canes win the Cup, still get 1st overall. :sarcasm:

this IS the worst case scenario for the kings AND this draft is much better than next year's AND the asset will be closer to contributing if it's this year

i don't understand what is so difficult about that to grasp.

no team with kopitar, doughty, gaborik, carter, toffoli, pearson, muzzin, and quick is doing anything worse than what they are this year.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
And if I had asked you last year if a team with kopitar, doughty, gaborik, carter, toffoli, pearson, muzzin, and quick could be as bad as they are this year, you'd have said no way.

If the Kings are this bad this year, there's no reason to believe they can't be this bad (or worse) next year.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
The thing is the Kings aren't bad this year. The teams around them are more competitive (dare I say overachieving?). They also will either have Voynov who is a pretty decent nhl defenseman imo back on their team, or be rid of that distraction and certainly have Sekera in the fold, fully acclimated. Maybe they have both of those guys (hot damn). This is the worst case scenario in regards to that pick.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I just find it silly to worry about something that's completely out of our hands. Hell, that's fandom in general, but in this case, it's worrying about the performance of a team most of us don't even cheer for/against. Either way, the Canes get an additional first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad