GDT: The Official Los Angeles Playoff thread

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
And then promptly put 6 straight goals past them? Yeah.

That's not the point though. Through 20 minutes of hockey, the Leafs were down by 3 goals (in Edmonton) and you commented about them getting blown out by Edmonton with a "wow" at the end. Through 28 minutes of hockey, the Canes were down by 3 goals against Edmonton (at home) so it was really no different than the Leafs situation at the time.

The fact that the Canes were at home and playing against a terrible back-up goalie (vs. the Leafs being in EDM and against a starting goalie who was traded from TOR) doesn't change that.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I have a feeling the Kings are going to sneak into the playoffs and then put it together and go on a long run WCF or SCF and the Canes will end up with a pick in the very late 1st round.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I have a feeling the Kings are going to sneak into the playoffs and then put it together and go on a long run WCF or SCF and the Canes will end up with a pick in the very late 1st round.

Still a great pick, but LA looks pretty beatable lately. Near the bottom they will have to beat two great teams. At least it makes the Playoffs more interesting.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
That's not the point though. Through 20 minutes of hockey, the Leafs were down by 3 goals (in Edmonton) and you commented about them getting blown out by Edmonton with a "wow" at the end. Through 28 minutes of hockey, the Canes were down by 3 goals against Edmonton (at home) so it was really no different than the Leafs situation at the time.

The fact that the Canes were at home and playing against a terrible back-up goalie (vs. the Leafs being in EDM and against a starting goalie who was traded from TOR) doesn't change that.

It does make all the difference, because even being down by 3 goals, the Canes (as bad as they are) were able to overcome the deficit and turn it into a blowout the other way.

Toronto, on the other hand, has just given up. That's what the "Wow" was about. I've never seen a team just stop playing as much as the Leafs have this year. Even the other bad teams, this year and in the past, have generally played for a sense of pride. There's none of that in Toronto right now. They're just going through the motions, and their games (and record) reflects that,

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
It does make all the difference, because even being down by 3 goals, the Canes (as bad as they are) were able to overcome the deficit and turn it into a blowout the other way.

Meh...I'm very confident that when the Canes were down 3-0 to the Oilers, there were Leafs fans and Bluejackets fans saying "Wow, the Canes are getting blown out by the Oilers"...similar to your comment. Which was what I was referring to in my comment.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Still a great pick, but LA looks pretty beatable lately. Near the bottom they will have to beat two great teams. At least it makes the Playoffs more interesting.

Yeah, but the Kings have what it takes to win in the playoffs. Good defense, solid goaltending, depth, experience, toughness, etc.. I believe they have been a decent possession team, even throughout their struggles. If they make it in, I predict they'll go deep.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Since we're nearing the playoffs, I'll go ahead and just post it in this playoff-related thread here.

Would there be people interested in doing the playoff bandwagon draft thing again like I ran last year? I'd be interested to see how the differences in playoff teams this year might sway the decisions as to which team to bandwagon. And, well, we're not making the playoffs again, so...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad