Confirmed with Link: The Official LEAFS vs. RED WINGS 2014 Winter Classic Thread -Jersey's Revealed

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Winter Classic Jersey - Worth Getting?

I have two jerseys already:

1: Sundin authentic jersey (blue)
2: replica third jersey (Sundin era)

It's really hard to ascertain online if it's worth it. (I wish it was one stripe less). but does it look better in person than it does online?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
My concern is that the Leafs may get screwed out of the 24/7 again. Fact is, NYR vs NYI or Jersey would be a juicier fruit to HBO, as would ANA vs LA...
At the press conference last month Bettman said the Leafs and Red Wings would be on the 24/7 series and even said where in Canada people could watch it if they don't have HBO.

As for the other outdoor games there is no precedent to show the 24/7 series for the other teams. Prior to the 2011 Heritage Classic there was no 24/7 series that featured the Canadiens and Flames, so why would they have it for the Kings vs Ducks or Penguins vs Blackhawks?

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
At the press conference last month Bettman said the Leafs and Red Wings would be on the 24/7 series and even said where in Canada people could watch it if they don't have HBO.

As for the other outdoor games there is no precedent to show the 24/7 series for the other teams. Prior to the 2011 Heritage Classic there was no 24/7 series that featured the Canadiens and Flames, so why would they have it for the Kings vs Ducks or Penguins vs Blackhawks?

Well, quite simply, there would be little interest in the US (HBO's primary target) for the Habs vs Flames game. But there would be immense interest in the American match-ups next season.

Still, I hope you're right and the Leafs game gets HBO's undivided attention.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
It's An amazing jersey. Got mine a couple weeks ago and it is very nice! Better in person than the pictures show on NHL.com

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Well, quite simply, there would be little interest in the US (HBO's primary target) for the Habs vs Flames game. But there would be immense interest in the American match-ups next season.

Still, I hope you're right and the Leafs game gets HBO's undivided attention.
I agree there would be little or no interest at all in the United States if they showed a Flames and Canadiens 24/7 series. However using that as an example the NHL didn't really hype up their Heritage Classic compared to the Winter Classic. Now maybe they thought with two Canadian based teams why should they? So hopefully they take the same approach with the outdoor games next season in Los Angeles, Chicago and New York, assuming the next one gets approved. Plus let's see how much they hype up the Heritage Classic with Vancouver and Ottawa compared to those other games in the United States, once that becomes official.

Anyway in the end the Leafs and Red Wings Winter Classic is still the marquee outdoor game for the NHL and etc, so that's all I care about.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Earlier today I was at Frozen Pond in Woodbridge because I went to purchase the Winter Classic official game puck and the Leafs/Red Wings Winter Classic logo puck that is also being sold. Anyway I saw the replica verison of the Leafs Winter Classic jersey for the first time in person while I was there and the patch wasn't included. I was told it needs to be purchased seperate and added on, however the authentic pro version will already have it on. So I'm wondering is there a reason why the patch is not included on the replica jersey? In the past when the Leafs had a jersey which included a patch like the one that said Maple Leafs Gardens Memories & Dreams and the 2000 All Star Game logo/2000 NHL logo, those were included on their replica jerseys at that time.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Earlier today I was at Frozen Pond in Woodbridge because I went to purchase the Winter Classic official game puck and the Leafs/Red Wings Winter Classic logo puck that is also being sold. Anyway I saw the replica verison of the Leafs Winter Classic jersey for the first time in person while I was there and the patch wasn't included. I was told it needs to be purchased seperate and added on, however the authentic pro version will already have it on. So I'm wondering is there a reason why the patch is not included on the replica jersey? In the past when the Leafs had a jersey which included a patch like the one that said Maple Leafs Gardens Memories & Dreams and the 2000 All Star Game logo/2000 NHL logo, those were included on their replica jerseys at that time.

tumblr_lox02eaI2C1r0wgiuo1_400.gif

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It's An amazing jersey. Got mine a couple weeks ago and it is very nice! Better in person than the pictures show on NHL.com

SQ13-098-Winter_classic_rsa-hero_Edit%202.jpg

You know, I was really hoping that they'd have made a more retro coloured uniform like in the promo photos, but in real life, it looks so flat...

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
man. I keep bouncing between:

do i want one
do i not want one?
it looks pretty (ie: logo)
i need to eat.

and then some people are disappointed
i'm kicking myself for not getting to the ACC when I was in Toronto, to actually see it in person.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
man. I keep bouncing between:

do i want one
do i not want one?
it looks pretty (ie: logo)
i need to eat.

and then some people are disappointed
i'm kicking myself for not getting to the ACC when I was in Toronto, to actually see it in person.

I find the logo to be the best part of that jersey, obviously, but when put it on as an item of clothing, it looks horrible compared to the other two blue uniforms the Leafs use.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I REALLY love the wings one. I wish I could just switch colours and logo with the wings one and I would buy it :laugh:

I know what you mean. I LOVE the Wings. Not so much ours.

I find the logo to be the best part of that jersey, obviously, but when put it on as an item of clothing, it looks horrible compared to the other two blue uniforms the Leafs use.

right, i understand.
i'm not going to get it. I'm probaly going to get a player WC shirt instead so I'll have the logo and only cost 30 dollars. My mom pointed out something, how many jerseys do i truly need anyway.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
i'm not going to get it. I'm probaly going to get a player WC shirt instead so I'll have the logo and only cost 30 dollars. My mom pointed out something, how many jerseys do i truly need anyway.
For what it's worth, I was at Real Sports on Sunday and they don't have any player Winter Classic shirts yet. It might change before the game, but yeah.

I likely won't buy this jersey. I'm already going with at least three other friends (tickets + hotel booked), but I might just rock my Dion jersey and get a new jersey for the following season.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
For what it's worth, I was at Real Sports on Sunday and they don't have any player Winter Classic shirts yet. It might change before the game, but yeah.

I likely won't buy this jersey. I'm already going with at least three other friends (tickets + hotel booked), but I might just rock my Dion jersey and get a new jersey for the following season.

NHL shop has them. they have Lupul, Dion, Kessel... and Liles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad