Confirmed with Link: The Official LEAFS vs. RED WINGS 2014 Winter Classic Thread -Jersey's Revealed

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Can anyone confirm what colour the pants/gloves will be?

Brown perhaps?

Toronto%20Maple%20Leafs%201927-30.gif

I hope so.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
As for 24/7, I'm pretty sure the way it is going to work is that it is going to air on Sportsnet (and CITY according to Sportsnet Connected) in Canada and on HBO in the USA. You have to remember that the HBO that you get through Canadian cable and satellite companies is HBO Canada which is simply a Canadian digital channel (owned by Astral) that licenses the HBO name and buys the Canadian rights to many (but not all) HBO shows. I suspect, in this case, because there is a Canadian partner for the Leafs-Wings 24/7 series, I'm pretty sure the Canadian rights will not be available to HBO Canada.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Are both teams really going to wear colour jerseys?

I mean, I know red and blue are viewed as clearly different colours, but you'd be surprised how hard it can be to tell apart with the speed of the game up close. I remember there was a game a number of years ago where two teams wore similar colours and the refs forced them to change their stockings half way though the first because the linesmen were having a hell of a time calling offsides.

Seems like a stupid move to me. Someone should be wearing white.

highoffglass

Cheers!
Jan 20, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Can't wait to get my Jersey ordered!!!! both teams have great uniforms. Gonna be a fun week, and I'm planning on heading over the boarder to check out the festivities... and depending on the price, the game.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Yes and in Canada it will air on Sportsnet apparently. That is coming from Bettman though so take it for what it is.

Sportsnet has already been pushing it. Sounds like it will probably air live on City TV, then repeated on Sportsnet. Pretty big coup for Rogers IMO.

So glad this is back on! The jerseys look amazing (but to be honest, I hope they don't go with the brown pants, just go blue), and most importantly, it sounds like all the other winter classic events (namely the OHL games) are still a go. I'm not going to even attempt WC tickets, but I will be there for at least one of the OHL games (London, obviously).

ThreeHundred

Mar 23, 2011
Las Vegas
i got an email from TML saying I am being entered into that draw.. But im wondering how they got my email? is there a password associated with this TML club thing?

ark

Awesomesauce
Jul 16, 2007
Markham, Canada
Am about to pick up a Lupul Winter Classic jersey for $143 shipped. Interestingly enough, they only have Lupul, Grabovski and Liles winter classic series for sale. Wings have Datyuk, Zetterberg, Howard, Franzen, Kronwall and Filppula

I'd prefer a Sundin one but I'm not sure if this 30%+free shipping coupon code (' NHLE ') will expire soon, been out for a few weeks...

http://shop.canada.nhl.com/category...20&ab=CMS_Include_CA_WinterClassic_TOR_040813
http://shop.canada.nhl.com/category...34&ab=CMS_Include_CA_WinterClassic_DET_040813

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Am about to pick up a Lupul Winter Classic jersey for $143 shipped. Interestingly enough, they only have Lupul, Grabovski and Liles winter classic series for sale. Wings have Datyuk, Zetterberg, Howard, Franzen, Kronwall and Filppula

I'd prefer a Sundin one but I'm not sure if this 30%+free shipping coupon code (' NHLE ') will expire soon, been out for a few weeks...

http://shop.canada.nhl.com/category...20&ab=CMS_Include_CA_WinterClassic_TOR_040813
http://shop.canada.nhl.com/category...34&ab=CMS_Include_CA_WinterClassic_DET_040813

I know, I keep testing it. I got a lot of clothes from it, but no jerseys. I want a custom-made shirt but it won't let me do it w/roster players. duurrhr..

(i think you were the person who found out the code in the first place, thank you :) )

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
oh question: does this game count point wise, or is it just for fun?

ark

Awesomesauce
Jul 16, 2007
Markham, Canada
I know, I keep testing it. I got a lot of clothes from it, but no jerseys. I want a custom-made shirt but it won't let me do it w/roster players. duurrhr..

(i think you were the person who found out the code in the first place, thank you :) )

Haha, yeah, I posted about it before, ended up picking up another Leafs jersey, as well as a Lundqvist and a Nordiques jersey. I'm supposed to be going on vacation next month, I don't know where all this money is coming from LOL! :help:

The Lupul jersey is sitting in the cart, all my shipping plus CC info is all inputted....

Of course, I'm hoping to get chosen for the WC tickets too, more monies there.

oh question: does this game count point wise, or is it just for fun?

Actual regulation game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad