The Official Jonathan Drouin Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
I hate to get ahead of myself here but is Drouin gonna have to look into a restraining order for you and Cigar City? :laugh:

Can't wait for prospects camp ;)

Crabby Williams said:
I'm the first one who wanted Drouin!!11!

TBT and Cigar City are posers.

HEY, HEY...

We started the bandwagon. Don't make me dig up old threads!!!1!!2

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Can't wait for prospects camp ;)

HEY, HEY...

We started the bandwagon. Don't make me dig up old threads!!!1!!2

Pfft.. I coined the term "Drouigan".

And TBT, my comment on Nich was obviously a jest. But you know that...

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Drouin-Stamkos-St. Louis this year????:amazed::amazed::amazed:

Hope Drouin and Stamkos have plenty of space for all the trophies these two are gonna earn each other in the next 15 years.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Drouin-Stamkos-St. Louis this year????:amazed::amazed::amazed:

Hope Drouin and Stamkos have plenty of space for all the trophies these two are gonna earn each other in the next 15 years.

Purcell-Stamkos-St.louis
Killorn-Seguin-Drouin

:sarcasm:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Not sure Drouin would be a good fit with Seguin... and I'm not sold on Seguin being a true 2C.

He'd be fine IMO, Boston is not a place to thrive for offensive minded youngsters, at least his 2 way game has improved considerably while being there though.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008

Hope all my videos haven't rouined him for the rest of you :laugh:. I particularly enjoy how he was/is always sincere and adamant that of the teams drafting at the top, Tampa was the organization he wanted to play for the most.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
A big "woohoo" from Halifax! Pumped to see Jo go to the Lightning, as the west coast/Preds/Panthers didn't seem as inviting. Get to see him on TV more now that you guys have moved into the Leafs/Habs division, and I hope to get down to Tampa this year to see him play.

And does he ever look good in that jersey ;) I hope to buy one this year, and #27 seems to be his if he wants it.

You guys know what you're getting, so enjoy your Marty st. Louis 2.0, congrats and good luck to Jo!

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
What a day. Lost my men's league game and thought the day was going to get worse by drafting the Russian.

Excellent outcome. We have some talented, talented forwards in this Org.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
Needs a nickname like Marty or Stammer or Vinny or Bugsy or Bish.

His nickname from his LSL days is simply Jo. I am so happy Tampa was able to get him, he's already familiar with Barberio and Killorn so he'll adjust fast and feel comfortable soon.

I've been watching him since bantam and he has gotten better and better every year. Even compared to the 2011/2012 season his skating improved a lot! I think he needs one more season in the Q but he's going to be a special player.

DekeR

Jan 11, 2008
You need that 1 - 2 punch(Drouin, Stammer) in the lineup if you are going to be serious about any cup runs. One third of the way there as far as getting a team together.

Last edited:

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
A big "woohoo" from Halifax! Pumped to see Jo go to the Lightning, as the west coast/Preds/Panthers didn't seem as inviting. Get to see him on TV more now that you guys have moved into the Leafs/Habs division, and I hope to get down to Tampa this year to see him play.

And does he ever look good in that jersey ;) I hope to buy one this year, and #27 seems to be his if he wants it.

You guys know what you're getting, so enjoy your Marty st. Louis 2.0, congrats and good luck to Jo!

We are glad to having him, and Im glad he seemed so excited to be coming to Tampa. We are going to have one hell of an offense for a while now haha.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Send him back to juniors to properly develope. Keep Malone one more year for his size and leadership, flip him at the deadline if we're out. If we don't get a decent 2C we're screwed anyway so no need to rush him.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Drouin audio

JONATHAN-DROUIN-300x225.jpg

Not sure if you guys were able to catch the post-draft audio of Drouin but here it is.

To listen click here.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Thoughts on if we played Killorn with Marty and Stammer to add some size and to help them on forecheck/puck possession and then paired Drouin with Purcell? The rationale is that Purcell would hopefully start to shoot more and have a dynamic playmaker feeding him all game.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Thoughts on if we played Killorn with Marty and Stammer to add some size and to help them on forecheck/puck possession and then paired Drouin with Purcell? The rationale is that Purcell would hopefully start to shoot more and have a dynamic playmaker feeding him all game.

It will come down to on and off the ice chemistry. Marty and Stamkos have chemistry. Killorn has shown he can play with multiple lines. I'd wait to see if Drouin is going to actually make it on the Lightning before worrying about who he plays with. But people do want to see Drouin+Stamkos.

Purcell shooting more is not the solution. Everyone needs to shoot more. When they do, the puck goes in. When they stand around like ****tards passing to eachother's grandmothers the puck does not go in. Team should average 50 SOG/G.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
We all know Stamkos and Drouin on the same line is gonna happen sooner or later. Stammer is a righty who usually hangs around on the left side of the ice in order to receive passes on his forehand. Drouin is a left wing though (and shooting left). Will Jo have to move to right wing eventually for this duo to be as effective as possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad