The Official Jonathan Drouin Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Now that he's finally a member of the Tampa Bay Lightning, I thought it'd only be right if he had his own thread. Feel free to share any videos, tweets, articles, scouting reports, insight or anything about Drouin here!

My personal favorite highlight reel of him:

Last edited by a moderator:

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Now that he's finally a member of the Tampa Bay Lightning, I thought it'd only be right if he had his own thread. Feel free to share any videos, tweets, articles, scouting reports, insight or anything about Drouin here!

My personal favorite highlight reel of him:

I hate to get ahead of myself here but is Drouin gonna have to look into a restraining order for you and Cigar City? :laugh:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
How you Drouin?

how-you-doin-o.gif

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Needs a nickname like Marty or Stammer or Vinny or Bugsy or Bish.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Koekkoek Puffs must be disappointed that even though Drouin is in NHL 13, he still can't play with him on the Bolts because draft prospects cannot be added to pro teams prior to their draft years :laugh:

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Via Bob McKenzie's twitter:

Jonathan Drouin was runaway leader in 3 categories: best puckhandler, best playmaker, best hockey sense. And it wasn't close in any of them.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Do we start him with Stammer immediately, start him on a different line or send him back to Junior?

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
BP Scouting Report

Strengths:
Drouin mixes some of the best hockey sense and passing ability to be seen in the draft in quite some time with world class stickhandling ability and lateral quickness and skating. He truly appears to have the puck tied to the blade of his stick with a string. Add to that a solid shot and you have a player who is equally adept at shooting, passing, or making you look foolish by carrying it past you in the offensive third. As an added intangible, Drouin might also be one of the fiercest competitors in the draft, and while he may not be a bone cruncher he will go to the high traffic areas to make plays.

Weaknesses:
Drouin is not the ideal NHL size and he doesn't have a top level gear in terms of straight line speed. Those knocks should be tempered by saying he does have excellent lower body strength and really just needs to get his upper body strength to the same point, and his straight line speed may be compensated for by his lateral agility and advanced ability to read the play. Also, like many young forwards, he needs to continue to work on his play in the defensive third.

Projection:
Top Line Left Winger and Top-20 NHL Scorer

Comparisons:
Names That Have Been Floated: Patrick Kane, Claude Giroux, Martin St. Louis, Denis Savard, Gilbert Perrault

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
See an Eberle/Kane type player to him, amazing hands and high hockey sense will speed up his transition faster then raw physical abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad