The Official Jonathan Drouin Thread - Part Drou

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Good wordplay :handclap:

I can't believe this kid is averaging 3 PPG so far. just amazing. Is he still playing center, or did they move him back to the wing?

Pretty sure he considers himself a center now. I've seen him say in interviews he's more comfortable at center than on the wing now, and prefers it. It'll be interesting to see what we do with him next year, since the whole center thing was originally a Cooper/Yzerman idea.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Pretty sure he considers himself a center now. I've seen him say in interviews he's more comfortable at center than on the wing now, and prefers it. It'll be interesting to see what we do with him next year, since the whole center thing was originally a Cooper/Yzerman idea.

If we resign Callahan I'd like to try Palat-Drouin-Callahan, with Filppula joining Stamkos on the first line.

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
So top2 lines would be something like?
X-Flip-Stammer
Palat-Drouin-Callahan

That's really good, could see it happening because Drouin likely needs linemates who are great defensively, at least at start

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
So top2 lines would be something like?
X-Flip-Stammer
Palat-Drouin-Callahan

That's really good, could see it happening because Drouin likely needs linemates who are great defensively, at least at start

I think this:

Flip/Stammer/Kuch
Palat/Drouin/Callahan

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
I think this:

Flip/Stammer/Kuch
Palat/Drouin/Callahan

Unfornately....Probably the only complaint I really had with Cooper this year. He seems content on giving Kucherov brain dead line mates hockey IQ wise....Stamkos and Flip doesn't exactly fit that description. (Exception, one shift with Tyler Johnson last game scores a goal....Go figure.)

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Unfornately....Probably the only complaint I really had with Cooper this year. He seems content on giving Kucherov brain dead line mates hockey IQ wise....Stamkos and Flip doesn't exactly fit that description. (Exception, one shift with Tyler Johnson last game scores a goal....Go figure.)

Coop is doing the same thing with Stammer. Hopefully we don't have 2 lines with brain deads on them.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
He has really stepped up his defensive game this year. As long as he isn't totally bad at faceoffs in the NHL he will be more than capable in that position.

I think Yzerman made the right choice in giving him another year to round out his game and learn to be THE guy with MacK gone.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
JT Brown brain dead? Lol the kid is on the cusp of really breaking out.. come on now.

Yeah, and Nate Thompson too apparently. As a fanbase, we need more appreciation for role players. These are the guys you win championships with.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Yeah, and Nate Thompson too apparently. As a fanbase, we need more appreciation for role players. These are the guys you win championships with.

I don't think he meant it like that. I think he just meant that Kucherov isn't going to succeed offensively getting 12 minutes a night with Nate Thompson. Nate is a great player, but he is certainly not an offensive dynamo. Kuch needs some offensively talented guys on his line. Nate does not fit that, and as much as I like JT Brown and want him on this team, he isn't a superbly skilled offensive player either.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I think he meant offensively brain-dead, versus some of our more skilled players. JT Brown will never have the same instincts as Stamkos or Filppula for example.

EDIT: Yeah, what he said ^

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't think he meant it like that. I think he just meant that Kucherov isn't going to succeed offensively getting 12 minutes a night with Nate Thompson. Nate is a great player, but he is certainly not an offensive dynamo. Kuch needs some offensively talented guys on his line. Nate does not fit that, and as much as I like JT Brown and want him on this team, he isn't a superbly skilled offensive player either.

I get that, and I agree with it. But phrases like "brain-dead" send an entirely different, and much harsher, message.

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods

I think he meant that Brown has hands of stone and not that much hockey sense, but yeah Thompson is awesome and underappreciated, but he ain't the best linemate for kuch because he isn't that offensively-oriented player

Lol got beat to it :)

Last edited:

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
For Clarification I have nothing against JT. Brown and Nate Thompson, I just don't believe they have it in them to be consistent scoring threats. Putting themselves into position to score constantly, and when they get the opportunity then burying their chances. That is not to say they don't have roles on this team. Both are great energy line players that can still provide a little bit of pressure. Just if your thinking they can legitimately bring a scoring presence, or at least a threat that teams will have to take seriously.....Then I will have to politely but full heartedly disagree.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
JoDru is currently beating the snot out of the Charlottetown Islanders. 2G, 2A, still time left in the 2nd. Apparently the first assist was a thing of beauty.

8-0 Halifax. Sounds like CHA isn't really trying anymore though.

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
Drouins assist last night was insane my lord. Wasn't even a dangle so people can't say that won't "work" in the nhl. (On my phone can't post the vid but John Moore has them on YouTube.

Edit: around the 1 min mark

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Drouins assist last night was insane my lord. Wasn't even a dangle so people can't say that won't "work" in the nhl. (On my phone can't post the vid but John Moore has them on YouTube.

Edit: around the 1 min mark

Here's the video. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: