The Official Jonathan Drouin Thread - Part Drou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Moose take Game One 6-3 over the Islanders before 8,200 at the Metro Centre. Danny Moynihan with a pair, Drouin, Ciampini, Ehlers and Shewfelt with the others. Ciampini and Drouin add a pair of assists too. Fucale with the win in goal. Moose outshoot Islanders 51-18. Closer than it sounds though. Back at it Tomorrow night at the Metro Centre, tickets still available! Go Moose Go!

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Just 12? Bust.

his game will not translate to nhl

P.S. loved the recent thing is stamkos the 2nd best player and was a no by most fans and he was basically a far 4th overall behind crosby malkin and than the ovie lovers

everyone brought up no one to feed him who was ovie fan so would not be better than ovie moving forward.

I said yep that 3rd overall pick whom is a bust will not help at all. Is just criminal people disregarding what this kid is probably going to bring.

Now that said I think we have 2 HUGE QUESTIONS next few years.

1st is callahan
2nd is drouin

does he play and get his own line or are we gonna run the stamkos drouin kucherov thing with the cally pally filthy thing lmao.

I know we want drouin to be on own but cant see running those two lines down the road at least in power play combos etc. Just SCARY.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Stammer deserves more seasoned players on his line. In two or three years that line (Drouin/Stammer/Kuch) will be scary and extremely fun to watch but I don't want Drouin and Kucherov both on first line next year - hope they proves me wrong. If Callahan is signed - its hard to believe that second line won't stay together.

Or maybe we can split them up a bit. Drouin/Stammer/Callahan and Palat/Filp/Kucherov. So each line is a bit more balanced. Third line of Killorn/Johnson/Panik or Purcell and fourth of Brown/Thompson/Panik or Beaner should be pretty solid.

Erne goes back to CHL next year. Namestnikov waits one more year to come up. We are out of options with Connolly and he is sitting behind Callahan/Kucherov/Panik in the depth chart - looks like odd man out. With all the extra picks, some FA money, and all the question marks...the off-season is gonna be unreal and extremely interesting.

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Stammer deserves more seasoned players on his line. In two or three years that line (Drouin/Stammer/Kuch) will be scary and extremely fun to watch but I don't want Drouin and Kucherov both on first line next year - hope they proves me wrong. If Callahan is signed - its hard to believe that second line won't stay together.

Or maybe we can split them up a bit. Drouin/Stammer/Callahan and Palat/Filp/Kucherov. So each line is a bit more balanced. Third line of Killorn/Johnson/Panik or Purcell and fourth of Brown/Thompson/Panik or Beaner should be pretty solid.

Erne goes back to CHL next year. Namestnikov waits one more year to come up. We are out of options with Connolly and he is sitting behind Callahan/Kucherov/Purcell/Panik in the depth chart - looks like odd man out. With all the extra picks, some FA money, and all the question marks...the off-season is gonna be unreal and extremely interesting.

I agree that Drouin should have to earn minutes with Stamkos. But he should also be given the opportunity to earn those minutes (maybe preseason?). Worst case, he winds up the 3rd line center with maybe Kucherov and a veteran for wingers.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
There showing the mooseheads game from yesterday on nhl network right now

Watching it now...if anyone has a chance - take a look at Drouin backchecking during a short handed breakaway. All kids of speed, agility and smarts - awesome play by Drouin to strip puck at last second.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Watching it now...if anyone has a chance - take a look at Drouin backchecking during a short handed breakaway. All kids of speed, agility and smarts - awesome play by Drouin to strip puck at last second.

Was it Purcell-esque?

MikeyP

Oct 1, 2013
Halifax

That was probably the best defensive play from a forward we saw all year from anyone - spectacular. Any chance we could keep him another year? :D

MikeyP

Oct 1, 2013
Halifax
I know this is the Drouin thread, but Ehlers had a nice first goal in Friday nights game... they glossed over it in the vid above but man oh man

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Mooseheads won 4-1 last night, Drouin had 1g 1a.

Jo now has 4 G, 5 A in 3 GP these playoffs. 3.000 PPG, not bad :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad