The Official Horrible Trade Proposals Thread: Part 3, Still Drinking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zezima

Jul 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
It’s almost 12 on a Thursday night - I’m sitting in a hotel room in Boone, imagining different line combinations from adding Nylander, when I should be trying to sleep so I can go work in the morning.

I blame you people.

same. except in my hypothetical world i'm also imagining us acquiring puljujarvi from edmonton for scraps.

ferland-aho-tt
foegle-nylander-svech
puljujarvi-staal-williams
zykov-rask-martinook

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Ferland - Aho - Turbo
Foegele - Nylander - Svechnikov
Martinook - Staal - Williams
McGinn - Wallmark - Zykov

I think that works in a Nylander trade.

The forward combinations always look good after a proposed Nylander deal.

The defense?
Slavin-Hamilton
DeHaan-Faulk
Fleury-TVR

I'm guessing we see the minutes on the top 2 pairings go way up.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina

The defense?
Slavin-Hamilton
DeHaan-Faulk
Fleury-TVR

Right now the minutes are pretty even.

If anything Fluery - TVR minutes would be around 13 or 14 mins for 5v5 and 3 for PK.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017

The defense?
Slavin-Hamilton
DeHaan-Faulk
Fleury-TVR

Or maybe:
Slavin - Hamilton
DeHaan - Pesce
Fleury - TVR

I don't really see much of a problem in top 4 minutes being increased; none of our top 5 D would have any issue playing 22-23 minutes a night. If Fleury can play like he has so far this year then Fleury - TVR is a very capable 3rd pairing.

If we're being honest the way we are able to utilize our D right now is something no other team in the league can match. It's a huge benefit but it doesn't do us much good if we still can't score and aren't winning games. We need to use our strength to address our weaknesses.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
It's bad idea to steal away Poolparty Puljujarvi from Oilers but where we slot him, especially if we deal for Nylander?
Ferland, Aho, TT, Foegele, Staal, Williams, Zykov, Nylander, Svechnikov, McGinn, Wallmark, Martinook.

If the Canes were to go after Puljujarvi, it would be a "buy low and hope he figures it out" type thing. It's not a deal you make to help the team today IMO as you may even park him in the AHL until he does. Even with Nylander, something like:

Ferland-Aho-TT
McGinn-Staal-Williams
Foegele-Nylander-Svech
Martinook-Rask/Wallmark-Puljujarvi
Zykov

If he's not ready, send him to Charlotte.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Hope the Canes are asking about NYR’s Pavel Buchnevich as well. Healthy scratched now for 3 games. Similar offensive talent as Nylander but the cost is likely much less.

The theory makes sense, but I see no reason the Rangers would deal a 23 year old talented forward when they are in a quick rebuild mode.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Both Laine and Puljujarvi should send Aho hefty Christmas presents each year for allowing both of them to be so successful that WJC. He was the straw that stirred the drink on that line. Laine would have broken out anyway, but he might not have gone as high at the draft had not that line excelled the way it did.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Is it quite possible that Pulj was the product of being on a line of Laine - Aho - Pulj?

Did you watch that WJC? That line was beautiful to behold. Take Aho and TT’s best playmaking moments ever together on the Canes and imagine that wave after wave.

Aho was pulling a lot of the load, but Puljujarvi had the most raw skill of anyone on that line. He deserved the MVP. Only time I've seen Puljujarvi using his size and skill with that level of confidence. Makes me have a small hope that this is still an option if placed next to Aho in the future.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I’m guessing something will happen shortly. Either Nylander will sign or will be traded

I come here for the BBA special hot taeks.

Hope the Canes are asking about NYR’s Pavel Buchnevich as well. Healthy scratched now for 3 games. Similar offensive talent as Nylander but the cost is likely much less.

That's... odd? I thought he was one of their "untouchables" at some point recently.

May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Lebrun stated recently that dubas and nylanders agent are still far apart on negotiations and that there is some tension now. If this is the case how does Toronto have any leverage in a deal to be made. Their options are trade him or let him sit out the whole year and it doesn't get any better next year with the other 2 of 3 needing new contracts. Shouldn't they be taking the best offer they can get? I'm just confused as to why we give up the top 4 d-man a low dollar long term deal for the guy with no contract(this is if we are not trading for him w/ pre-negotiated contract). IDK maybe im wrong but i just dont see how TOR can demand certain payers in a trade because we could just be like "nah we'll keep em and Nylander can just sit the rest of the year".

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
The first twelve games of a players career determine his entire career path - everyone knows that.

Svechnikov has 4 points while Kotkaniemi has 6. Therefore he will be 1.5x better than Andrei.

Curses. If only the golden ratio dictating the entirety of a player’s career had been set at 11 games, they both would have had 4 points.

Alas, as we all know, the twelfth counts mostest. Kotkaniemi scores 2 goals last night. The hammer has fallen. Woe is Svechnikov.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Did you watch that WJC? That line was beautiful to behold. Take Aho and TT’s best playmaking moments ever together on the Canes and imagine that wave after wave.

Aho was pulling a lot of the load, but Puljujarvi had the most raw skill of anyone on that line. He deserved the MVP. Only time I've seen Puljujarvi using his size and skill with that level of confidence. Makes me have a small hope that this is still an option if placed next to Aho in the future.

If we got Pulj, do we put him with Aho then?

Ferland - Aho - Pulj
TT - Nylander - Svechnikov

That would be nice if it worked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad