Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: The Next One

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
J Cole really apologizing and deleting his diss toward Kendrick has got to be the softest move in hip hop, and here I am thinking Im too old to care about these rap 'beefs', haha.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
J Cole really apologizing and deleting his diss toward Kendrick has got to be the softest move in hip hop, and here I am thinking Im too old to care about these rap 'beefs', haha.

It was incredibly lame and as a Cole fan I’m disappointed.

The Fall Off better live up to the hype.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
It was incredibly lame and as a Cole fan I’m disappointed.

The Fall Off better live up to the hype.
It's strange because as a 35 year old dad I view his self awareness as a mature move but as an old school hip hop head my natural reaction is 'LAME'. And in terms of the sport, it is incredibly lame. It's not that serious, either. This isn't Jay vs Nas. It was never that personal. Just flex some bars, man!

I honestly think Cole just has a whole lot of anxiety he deals with. He said he felt pressured to do it, hasnt slept right in days, etc...that's a man dealing with a lot of anxiety, and if youre that anxious of a person- rap beef isn't for you.

The only thing this changes for me is- his catalog of 'Im the best and will smoke any rapper' is now hollow. I really enjoyed the Offseason phase + all his features recently, but it's going to slap different now.

Reactions: Five Alarm Fire

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
It's strange because as a 35 year old dad I view his self awareness as a mature move but as an old school hip hop head my natural reaction is 'LAME'. And in terms of the sport, it is incredibly lame. It's not that serious, either. This isn't Jay vs Nas. It was never that personal. Just flex some bars, man!

I honestly think Cole just has a whole lot of anxiety he deals with. He said he felt pressured to do it, hasnt slept right in days, etc...that's a man dealing with a lot of anxiety, and if youre that anxious of a person- rap beef isn't for you.

The only thing this changes for me is- his catalog of 'Im the best and will smoke any rapper' is now hollow. I really enjoyed the Offseason phase + all his features recently, but it's going to slap different now.

Agree with all of this. I didn’t think J. Cole’s response was that flagrant but I understand his mindset of feeling guilt for going after a friend who really didn’t go at you that hard. The negative reception was probably weighing on him too, but apologizing can only make that worse.

It’ll be funny if Kendrick goes after Cole for taking the high road considering the content matter of his last album. Is he Mr. Morale or is he the Big Stepper. Kind of ironic.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Agree with all of this. I didn’t think J. Cole’s response was that flagrant but I understand his mindset of feeling guilt for going after a friend who really didn’t go at you that hard. The negative reception was probably weighing on him too, but apologizing can only make that worse.

It’ll be funny if Kendrick goes after Cole for taking the high road considering the content matter of his last album. Is he Mr. Morale or is he the Big Stepper. Kind of ironic.
Thinking back when Kendrick did Control, he was trying to bring the competitive nature back to the game. It's really not that personal to him. He just wanted to flex bars with the so called 'Big 3'.

He poked fun at first person shooter, and clearly said Cole and Drizzy aren't on his level. He gave them a chance to step up and prove themselves in the name of the sport. Nothing more, nothing less, and Cole doing a 180 comes off as him being afraid of Kendrick's response because his diss was already getting shredded on the interwebs. Should've just ignored the hate, and waited for Kendrick's move...that's where the anxiety killed him.

I'll always love the dude's music. It has that rare impact on me that few musicians do. His legacy has taken a hit, though. I'd assume he understands that since he's a bigger hip hop head than me. It probably sounds so lame to a layman, but that's the culture of hip hop and it really did drive some rappers to step their game up. Competition has a way of doing that!

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Drake using AI in his beef with Kendrick. I'm actually feeling it. Drake's verse slaps. Kendrick has so much ammo to annihilate him, though This is entertaining as hell!

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Man, Hip Hop in 2024. Buncha soft dudes trying to be hard and it's just silly.
It is at it's tail end but hip hop's always been full of actor.

Happy for Drake, gotta love the hometown hero going for the jugular. And I've never been a Drake stan but he shit all over everyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad