Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: Part VX

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
If you could fight 3 current artists in the game today, who would they be? It’s tough because there’s a lot of terrible hip hop artists out there, but I’m going to go:

1. French Montana
2. Rick Ross
3. probly Diddy or DJ Drama

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I’m hooked. Gotta finish the whole thing :laugh:

This shit is fire!

EDIT: He got AZ on it too? Nahhhh

EDIT 2: Man I feel like Llyod Banks would have murdered it… Considering that Fredo the Godson (RIP) is on it, it was probably recorded before he came out of retirement.
I'm surprised they didn't get Busta Rhymes, LL, Jay Z, De La or some other NY rappers from back in the day. Ghostface got 2 verses.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
If you could fight 3 current artists in the game today, who would they be? It’s tough because there’s a lot of terrible hip hop artists out there, but I’m going to go:

1. French Montana
2. Rick Ross
3. probly Diddy or DJ Drama
Why do you hate Rick Ross? Is it because of the persona?

imo Rick Ross is a cold rapper, his catologue is amazing and his beats picks are top notch… It may sound crazy but Rick Ross’ flow is up there with Biggie’s on the smoothest list :laugh:

Reactions: Prominence Problem

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
It may sound crazy but Rick Ross’ flow is up there with Biggie’s on the smoothest list

Uh, no.

Biggie and Rick aren't on the same level. Even not the same galaxy.

Biggie's flow was ahead of its time.

Multi-syllabic, always on beat, wordplay, humor amazing storytelling ability. Battle rap ready.

Rick can rap no doubt, but to compare him to biggie, is an insult.

Biggie had layers to his flow. Ross can flow, can rap but overall is basic.

Don't get me wrong, I love Rick Ross personally, and think his music is great.

But to compare both lyricists to me, is like comparing Big Pun to Fat Joe.

Joe is good in his own right, but there are levels to this.

Big Pun could mop the floor with Eminem lyrically. Only rapper who held his own against him, was Black Thought, who is a heavyweight lyricist in his own right.

When you talk Biggie, you need cadence, breath control, metaphors, similies, word play, flow etc.

Biggie raps, people listen to every word. That's generational talent.

Rick Ross makes great music.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Uh, no.

Multi-syllabic, always on beat, wordplay, humor amazing storytelling ability. Battle rap ready.

Big Pun could mop the floor with Eminem lyrically. Only rapper who held his own against him, was Black Thought, who is a heavyweight lyricist in his own right.

When you talk Biggie, you need cadence, breath control, metaphors, similies, word play, flow etc.

Rick Ross makes simple rhymes that anyone could write. Biggie's rhymes were captivating. Biggie was a gangster rapper with an elite vocabulary like Pusha T.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Uh, no.

I’m not sure you understood my point… I was stritcly talking about the flow not the lyrics.

If you had to make a list of the smoothest flows you’d have to put Biggie first by miles over everyone for sure but Rick ross is definitely on that list.

I’m almost positive that Biggie would tackle today’s beats the same way Ross is currently doing it. You can hear the strong influence.

This gotta be the best Biggie remix btw. Crazy move considering how good the original version is but he held his own.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prominence Problem

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I’m not sure you understood my point… I was stritcly talking about the flow not the lyrics.

If you had to make a list of the smoothest flows you’d have to put Biggie first by miles over everyone for sure but Rick ross is definitely on that list.

I’m almost positive that Biggie would tackle today’s beats the same way Ross is currently doing it. You can hear the strong influence.

This gotta be the best Biggie remix btw. Crazy move considering how good the original version is but he held his own.

This isn't a Biggie remix though.

This should never be brought up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad