Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: Part VIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Finally listened to cold corner 2, without a doubt the best rap tape I've ever heard

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
I ain't gonna lie, I didn't listen to Flower Boy. I don't check for Tyler like that. Only checked out the ASAP collab song cause it popped up on yt trending.

To each his own tho, I'm not hating. Just have a different opinion on what I'm hearing is all.
I agree on Tyler. He's dope but the OF runoff from his fans props him up heavier than necessary.
Earl has always been more fascinating as an artist to me
That’s fine. I’d strongly recommend Flower Boy, though. Even Cherry Bomb before you listen to Flower Boy because without CB, Flower Boy isn’t what it is imo. It’s the maturation of everything and Tyler putting everything together.

Imo it was a perfect album and should have gotten the Grammy last year over DAMN.
The hottest of takes. But I also think DAMN. is Kendrick's best work so I guess im in the minority.

This year has been pretty weak for rap so far imo. The only projects to really hold my attention have been DAYTONA and Veteran.
If youre into the lyrical-miracle stuff check out Al Divino. A lot of his tapes are on youtube. He's put out like 5 i 2018 alone and theyre all fire.

People are hype on Mach Hommy but Al Divino is way better imo

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Never really been big into Travis Scott but this Astroworld album sounds crazy good so far. I can see why it has buzz.

Also, LMAO at Nicki Minaj on Twitter. What a clown.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Birdman and Weezy officially squashed the beef at Lil Weezyana apparently? I mean I still think Birdman is a DB, who's been pimping Wayne out his whole life but... hopefully less stress for Wayne. I rewatched that Tha Carter Documentary yesterday... I'll never forget that 2007-2009 era where all I did was wait on new Wayne mixtapes/albums.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Atmosphere just announced a tour date in my city... I'm SUUUUUUPER geeked about it! Seen them twice already and both times were absolutely amazing. This is true hip-hop artistry. Both Slug and Ant are masters of the craft.

These new soundcloud rappers don't even come close to being anywhere near the remote vicinity of a group like Atmosphere.
New Dynospectrum track on their new album really wondering if they try to take sound back to that album specifically production wise.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
New Dynospectrum track on their new album really wondering if they try to take sound back to that album specifically production wise.
I was so psyched when I saw that track on the new album. Dynospectrum is pretty dope.

I certainly wouldn't complain if they go back to that kind of style, but as Slug and Ant get older their style has shifted to a lot more of self-reflection and looking back on their lives (Slug more specifically).

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
EMINEM JUST SURPRISED DROPPED AND IT'S EXECUTIVE PRODUCED BY DR. DRE AND SLIM SHADY AND WHAT THE f*** PLEASE DON'T LET THIS BE SHIT

Reactions: Graves

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
this mother f***er dissed Lil Yachty, Lil Xan and Lil Pump in the first track alone and this is already better than Revival happy birthday to me

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Birdman and Weezy officially squashed the beef at Lil Weezyana apparently? I mean I still think Birdman is a DB, who's been pimping Wayne out his whole life but... hopefully less stress for Wayne. I rewatched that Tha Carter Documentary yesterday... I'll never forget that 2007-2009 era where all I did was wait on new Wayne mixtapes/albums.
Wayne wouldnt be Wayne without Baby. Baby gave him the platform.
He doesnt look it but Birdman is the greatest A&R in the history of rap and the steward of the 2nd most important label in the history of rap.

Its Phil Jackson and Michael Jordan really.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
“Feels Like Summer” video by Gambino really showing Travis f***ing with Nicki on the lawn. :laugh:

Seeing Cudi alone in the dark and Kanye stop crying when Michelle Obama hugs him is really nice. The video has some real beautiful imagery.

Last edited:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
MGK brought up Hailie and Kim. Can’t wait for his funeral because I think those two things will spark the old Em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad