Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: Part VIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
part 2 of the Em interview was real good.

Em legit saying his feelings were hurt when the first Slaughterhouse album didn't do well is crazy to me considering I was so used to him not giving a damn up until this whole Revival backlash and now this interview where he's being super, super real. It's honestly really cool to see and listen to this Em though.

LOL at Em going off on MGK claiming that Em blocked MGK from blowing up, Em straight up said he doesn't give a damn about MGK or his career lmao. Em straight up acknowledges that there's instances where he feels like he has to respond to someone, but considering how people claim Em is irrelevant, every time he responds to someone he makes them even bigger. Em on "Rap Devil": "It's not bad... for him. It has some good lines." lol

oh **** there's a part 3. And Em said Dre didn't want a song out cause Em apparently went too far, which Em even acknowledges. wtf is that track I need it
Yep...I feel the same way. Release that track!

But yeah, he's absolutely right about the MGK track. This made me laugh:

40095505_474630073051161_3966957033023347653_n.jpg

Reactions: tacogeoff

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
damn, part 3, Sway brought up the Tyler diss. Sway seemed kinda hurt that he went there lol

Em said he was cool with them and even brought them on tour with him, but didn't like when Tyler started tweeting about how Shady XV was trash and how people close to Em need to tell him "no" around that time. Em initially brushed it off as them being young and being dicks cause he was the same way when he came up, and Em also didn't like Earl Sweatshirt's comments about people listening to Eminem drink too much mountain drew and whatnot right after they were on tour with him and joking around and being cool. Em's breaking point with Tyler was about Tyler's tweet about "Walk On Water" and how he said it was garbage.

Em actually admits to regretting his line about Tyler and calling him a Homophobic Slur and says that may have gone too far. Em admitted to being angry at him when recording because Em legit loved Tyler and his energy and charisma. He says in his quest to hurt Tyler he hurt other people by saying the word, but was too angry when recording it to really put it in perspective like that. Em spun the word back after a convo with Paul about the whole thing to mix out the word even though people can still understand it.

Sway suggested Em and Tyler have a sit down and hash it out.

part 4 talking about the sublims to Drake... oh god "if I ever need a ghostwriter, I just need to put the mic down."

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Russ will slap Eminem if he keeps dropping these interviews instead of responding to MGK.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
honestly the interviews all feel like a build to something anyways. I think the response is coming when these interviews are done. I don't know how many parts there are, but this is possibly the realest Em has ever been in an interview. It shows in how much respect he has for Sway.

part 3 was just talking about Trump and how Em regrets drawing the line to his fans and how he should have just gone after Trump, how the secret service went to his studio to see if there was a legit threat or if Em was just airing his thoughts, and then the final 6 minutes or so were spent on the Tyler diss.

I would kill to see Sway pull off an Eminem / Tyler joint interview.

Reactions: YNWA14

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
so... Schoolboy Q at a show said he drops an album every two years, and in the process of the past two years since Blank Face he made 4 albums. He said that with his friend gone (Mac Miller) he doesn't feel right dropping an album right now, so the upcoming one is delayed. He said he's not ready to walk into the radio stations and be asked about Mac Miller.

He also said he was only at that performance tonight because Mac wouldn't have wanted him to sit at home and be sad.

I was really looking forward to the album but I get it. They were close.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Dropped a classic. Not directed to my demographic but I respect greatness and the music is amazing.

There is so much to digest, as there is with any Lupe album, but after one listen you can already tell he's put together something special. Felt the same way when T&Y came out.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I got hyped cause it's Wayne but... meh. Listening to Logic's YSIV now and holy shit this is actually bangin. That Wu Tang Forever track is wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Isn't that 2015/2016 Wayne? I heard it was stuff meant to release when the album actually was supposed to drop. 2008 vs. now. C3 wouldn't have lasted months without leaking :laugh:

YSIV track is crazy... that Mac tribute was dope.

It could be from 15 or current. His voice has been annoying for awhile now. Last decent thing he did imo was No Ceilings. I'm not huge on Logic but I need to peep the Mac tribute.

Reactions: irunthepeg

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
It could be from 15 or current. His voice has been annoying for awhile now. Last decent thing he did imo was No Ceilings. I'm not huge on Logic but I need to peep the Mac tribute.

Yeah No Ceilings was the last one I really loved from him. I like a few songs from D5/6 but overall meh. And true how his voice has been annoying.

It's more of a speech than a rap but it was really cool.

Carter V has like 7 or so redundant songs but I enjoy it as a whole.

I really wanted to love it. Cause I love Wayne overall. It's just not doing it for me.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Yeah No Ceilings was the last one I really loved from him. I like a few songs from D5/6 but overall meh. And true how his voice has been annoying.

It's more of a speech than a rap but it was really cool.

I really wanted to love it. Cause I love Wayne overall. It's just not doing it for me.

Agreed. Drogas Wave aoty so far.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Heard really good things about the new wayne, hope it lives up to the hype.

As for logic, wu tang forever is probably my favourite hip hop song of the year. Absolutely f***ing love it, songs where there's so many features and its really long are my favourites.

edit: holy shit that song gave me way too high expectations for the album, this is without a doubt the worst logic album I have ever heard

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I like TCV. Always good to hear new Kendrick even if it was recorded back in 2014 or so.

now on to Logic's new album, who I've always been iffy on. Heard good things about the Wu Tang track but I'll resist temptation on skipping right to it.

EDIT: Logic is really not enjoyable to listen to anymore lol

Last edited:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Just when I thought I was out Lupe Fiasco pulled me back in.

This is creative music. This is the $#!+ that should influence and inspire a generation to be better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->