Blue Jays Discussion: The official Davis Schneider Appreciation Society

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
The meltdown from the casual/media side of things will be historic. Sid Sexerio went on Blair and Barker and was basically a step away from the ledge already. (Is that really any different for Sid though?)

And this is why Tim Micallef will always be the better person, Sid was just some angry idiot who just wants to rant like a baby back bitch.

If he out more anger about losing some god damn weight, maybe he would t be so angry all the time.

Just an absolute clown.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
If the Jays aren't negotiating with anyone else then neither is the rest of baseball as evidenced by the lack of movement on the free agent market

Yamamoto is probably going to the Yankees because to their credit they've been working that move for months to the point they were sending scouts/execs to take in his starts in Japan but outside of that? Sonny Gray signed with the land of misfit pitchers and then radio silence.

Juan Soto got moved, but trade negotiations are a lot different from contract negotiations. Sure, the market isn't super deep but the couple headliners would have deals already in another year. Blake Snell is coming off his second Cy Young and we've heard nothing. Jordan Montgomery is on the market after a quietly good stretch from 2021-2023, not a peep. Matt Chapman would have already gotten too much money from someone in any other year. Ditto Bellinger.

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
Even if ohtani doesn't sign it's good to know the jays at least are playing with the big boys. Still lots of offseason left. Better then the bautista and janssen days where they were all over management for doing nothing. Even willing to give money to sign johan santana

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
I’m still optimistic. There was so much smoke today, not just spurred on by Morosi and the jet tracking fiasco, that i feel there has to be something to it.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Even if ohtani doesn't sign it's good to know the jays at least are playing with the big boys. Still lots of offseason left. Better then the bautista and janssen days where they were all over management for doing nothing. Even willing to give money to sign johan santana
Or the time they asked dudes to take paycuts so they had enough money to sign...Ervin Santana.

Sportsnet unlocked that frankly painful memory today and i didn't appreciate it.

And this is why Tim Micallef will always be the better person, Sid was just some angry idiot who just wants to rant like a baby back bitch.

If he out more anger about losing some god damn weight, maybe he would t be so angry all the time.

Just an absolute clown.
Sid's gotten worse since he went to do his own thing. His dynamic worked with Tim because they had the good cop/bad cop thing going on and he could serve as a moderating presence.

Now the only thing coming out of Sid's mouth outside of food crumbs is nonsense.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Sorry about today boys. I posted what I saw on Twitter and elsewhere and thought it was legit and in the end none of it was true.

Crappy day for us all. Wish it turned out differently. Egg on my face.
Sounds like it's time to hit the shower hard to get the egg off.....lol

• Haha
Reactions: The Nemesis

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Lol...the meltdowns will be so epic if he joins the Dodgers
Never actually expected him to sign tbh. Would be nice, but we're not a time that signs these types of FA. But there will be a lot of egg on people faces who were trying read the tea leaves and be the first to break the story.

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Sorry about today boys. I posted what I saw on Twitter and elsewhere and thought it was legit and in the end none of it was true.

Same. I got duped by Baghdad Morosi and while sceptical, should’ve waited for more trusted insiders to chime in with confirmation.

Reactions: WillNy29

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Lol...the meltdowns will be so epic if he joins the Dodgers
I think in this case, after today's events, it would and should be less about the Jays not signing him (who have reportedly given it their all and then some) and moreso the bullshit reporting we witnessed.

Absolutely disgraceful journalism today. These assclowns care more about clicks and being the first to report something than being right. I imagine a lot of respect has been lost today amongst them.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Potentially something:

Screenshot_20231208-215622.png

J.P Hoornstra is the guy who wrote the article for Dodger Nation where this shit really kicked into overdrive. Unlike Morosi, he's not backing down.

Should be noted Hoornstra is a member of the Baseball Writer Association of America so it's not like he's a total nobody. Intriguing to say the least.

The real dick punch imo would be is Hoornstra's sources are correct; the Dodgers are out, but he's assuming Shohei went to the Jays end he ends up somewhere else.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I think in this case, after today's events, it would and should be less about the Jays not signing him (who have reportedly given it their all and then some) and moreso the bullshit reporting we witnessed.

Absolutely disgraceful journalism today. These assclowns care more about clicks and being the first to report something than being right. I imagine a lot of respect has been lost today amongst them.
This has been the case for years.....journalism died pre-March 2020.

Started in earnest in 2013. "The Smith-Mundt Modernization Act'

Last edited:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Roger’s has been doing this for years with the next level campaign, I wouldn’t get too upset

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Potentially something:

View attachment 780143

J.P Hoornstra is the guy who wrote the article for Dodger Nation where this shit really kicked into overdrive. Unlike Morosi, he's not backing down.

Should be noted Hoornstra is a member of the Baseball Writer Association of America so it's not like he's a total nobody. Intriguing to say the least.

The real dick punch imo would be is Hoornstra's sources are correct; the Dodgers are out, but he's assuming Shohei went to the Jays end he ends up somewhere else.
I still believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad