Blue Jays Discussion: The official Danny Jackson Appreciation Society

Status
Not open for further replies.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Yeah, I don't think it's an effort issue for Stanton... that's all he's capable of at this point.

Remember when they made the trade for him and so many people were pissed off because they got him for next to nothing? The last few years have illustrated pretty clearly why they got him for nothing. He's always hurt, and when he's not he's an above average (but not particularly good) hitter, one of the slowest runners in the league, and a DH only. This is him at 33, and they still owe him $128 million.

Their salary structure is going to be awful for the next few years unless they're willing to spend like the Mets did this year.
It’s crazy how much money he has left on the table. It’s funny that he had an opt out that people were convinced he exercise

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
I’d take a flier on him. Still good against lefties and he has solid defence in RF. Gives the Jays options to rest Springer vs tough lefties too. But tbh I’d keep Biggio over Espinal assuming Bo comes back soon.

Agreed. With DeJong on the roster Espinal isn't needed as the back-up SS for Bo

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Here's a slow mo replay of the Ramirez punch.

1691293825505.png

metafour

Apr 6, 2008
One thing we have to remember about Vladdy is that he is still only 24. He can still reach the potential we all thought he had. Next year he will be 25 and can easily put up .900 ops, 160 ops+, and crush 40 homers. I am still going to be patient with him.

He is starting to look like Miguel Sano. You can can try to talk around it as much as you want, but he's approaching 0 fWAR this season while making $14.5 mill. The Jays have some serious long-term decisions to ponder about him. He is getting more and more expensive and has only 2 years of control left, at which point you need to feel pretty damn confident about him to even consider an extension.

He is completely replaceable right now. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Spencer Horwitz would outproduce him in a hypothetical call-up.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
He is starting to look like Miguel Sano. You can can try to talk around it as much as you want, but he's approaching 0 fWAR this season while making $14.5 mill. The Jays have some serious long-term decisions to ponder about him. He is getting more and more expensive and has only 2 years of control left, at which point you need to feel pretty damn confident about him to even consider an extension.

He is completely replaceable right now. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Spencer Horwitz would outproduce him in a hypothetical call-up.

I refuse to believe this is what he is. Severely underperforming his expected stats when every year he has performed on par with his peripherals. If this was an ever year thing like Kendrys Morales okay, but this just looks extremely unlucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad