Blue Jays Discussion: The official Danny Jackson Appreciation Society

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I was reading how Davis Schneider was around 170 and put on a lot of good weight. With the Jays developmental system, nutritional guidance, and increase pay for minor leaguers, Davis likely doesn't get to the MLB.

Barger might be another example but not sure on that.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
Did you guys see this wild play against Cleveland last night?

Summary: Runner has his hand clearly pushed off of the bag by the fielder while trying to apply a tag. Umpire (our friend Malachi Moore) calls the runner safe. Call on the field is overturned by video review because being off the bag is reviewable but pushing a runner off of the bag is not. :skeptic:

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I was reading how Davis Schneider was around 170 and put on a lot of good weight. With the Jays developmental system, nutritional guidance, and increase pay for minor leaguers, Davis likely doesn't get to the MLB.

Barger might be another example but not sure on that.

For sure, Barger was rail thin when drafted and has turned into a linebacker. Leo Jimenez is another guy that started filling out the last couple of years which coincides with his power output.

Reactions: kb and canucksfan

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
The Yankees deserve this. I can't believe that Stanton contract... as a baseball fan I hate to see players decline from being great but as a Jay's fan you can only hope this is the future for Judge and that massive deal also.
The Yankees deserve every shitty thing that happens to them from now until the end of time.

Reactions: MS and 3rd Username

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
The Yankees deserve every shitty thing that happens to them from now until the end of time.
More money to spend = more chances of acquiring busts. Even the Jays busted on Ryu and Springer has been just ok.

Tampa and now Baltimore have done a nice job of growing and developing their own players. It took them years of sacrifice to do it. But Baltimore has finally arrived. The lowest A.L east payroll teams are 1-2.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I have the game on in the background but it seems like he doesn't want tp push it because they are worried about a potential injury.
Yeah, I don't think it's an effort issue for Stanton... that's all he's capable of at this point.

Remember when they made the trade for him and so many people were pissed off because they got him for next to nothing? The last few years have illustrated pretty clearly why they got him for nothing. He's always hurt, and when he's not he's an above average (but not particularly good) hitter, one of the slowest runners in the league, and a DH only. This is him at 33, and they still owe him $128 million.

Their salary structure is going to be awful for the next few years unless they're willing to spend like the Mets did this year.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
More money to spend = more chances of acquiring busts. Even the Jays busted on Ryu and Springer has been just ok.

Tampa and now Baltimore have done a nice job of growing and developing their own players. It took them years of sacrifice to do it. But Baltimore has finally arrived. The lowest A.L east payroll teams are 1-2.

Baltimore will have to spend on starting pitching though. Can’t see them going far with Bradish/Flaherty/Gibson/Kremer. GRod is obviously a big talent but they’ll definitely need to acquire/spend on an established TOR pitcher.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario

Baltimore is a textbook example of a paper tiger this year. They aren’t winning in the playoffs with their rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad