The Official All Time NHL player Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

spider-man

May 11, 2002
Visit site
With their next pick, the New Jersey Devils are proud to select the man whom the Soviets called the greatest hockey player alive, Left Winger Bob Gainey.

Oiler94

Jul 9, 2003
Oiltown
Montreal Maroons are proud to select the greatest goalie of all-time to have never played in the NHL, Vladislav Tretiak.

15. Guy Lafleur RW
18. Eddie Shore D
47. Vladislav Tretiak G

spider-man

May 11, 2002
Visit site
Nothing personnal, but I really protest the pick of Tretiak. There are a couple of Soviets I would have picked already, but didn't since this is an NHL player draft.

Now if the reasoning is that Tretiak never played but was drafted, in all fairness, I can live with that, but a ruling should be given for the rest of the draft as to make sure this doesn't go too far off in the opposite direction.

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
I'll second that. I'd have no problems with expanding this beyond the NHL, but if we're gonna do that we need to define it right now. As spider man said, the thread says all time NHL draft, and up to this point i've been operating under the assumption that only players that had played in the NHL where eligable.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I honestly thought about picking Tretiak in the next round but I don't think he ever played in the NHL so it wouldn't work. Mack should make a ruling on this before we move on.

Oiler94

Jul 9, 2003
Oiltown
I scratched Tretiak fom my roster page which is why I selected 2.

Wow, gotta be one of the best lines in hockey:
Ted Linsay-Bobby Clarke-Guy Lafleur

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
I was really lookin at Lindsay but i really needed a Center in Gilbert Perrault and i cant pass on Neely...Crap...Bobby Clarke could of been a good pick too!!

Last edited:

spider-man

May 11, 2002
Visit site
The New Jersey Devils are proud the select, the winner of 8 Stanley Cups and the man NYR GM Frank Boucher called the real force behind the Red Wings, not Gordie Howe, defenseman Red Kelly.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
We're supposed to pick 12 forwards but does position matter.If it does Gordie
Howe is still listed wrongly as a center.

Mack

Nov 5, 2002
Prince George, BC
ryansiu is up.

and it doesnt really matter what positions the players are on your team but try not and pick 12 centers, or 12 LW'ers ect ect, try to keep it real.
and for a backup goalie you can choose any goalie who has under 200 wins or who is a alltime backup.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Mack said:
ryansiu is up.

and it doesnt really matter what positions the players are on your team but try not and pick 12 centers, or 12 LW'ers ect ect, try to keep it real.
and for a backup goalie you can choose any goalie who has under 200 wins or who is a alltime backup.
O.K. so the forward position doesn't matter but I bet it matters to Mr.Hockey.
He probably would have been happier at center then on left wing. Here's a hint-
Maurice Richard is considered by most to be the second greatest right winger
of all-time.So who's the first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad