HF Habs: The official 2023-2024 tank thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
They just traded Drysdale for Gauthier. They already have Carlsson, Zegras, Terry, McTavish. They need someone to help Mintyukov
It takes more than 4 forwards. And I've heard they are loaded on D. They just don't need a center. Bu they could use a power house on the wing.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
worst case scenario

SJ: Celebrini
CHI: Demidov
ANA: Lindstrom
CLB: Iginla
ARI: Levshunov
MTL: trade down and get an asset. someone will overpay for their favourite D in the draft, whether it's Buium, Silayev, Dickinson or Parekh.
Yes I think worst case for us is Catton, Iginla or Eiserman.

With a little luck: Demidov or Lindstrom.

With a lot of luck: Celebrini

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
worst case scenario

SJ: Celebrini
CHI: Demidov
ANA: Lindstrom
CLB: Iginla
ARI: Levshunov
MTL: trade down and get an asset. someone will overpay for their favourite D in the draft, whether it's Buium, Silayev, Dickinson or Parekh.
It is not a worst case if you can draft a future #1 D like Dickinson. He'll be twice as good as Guhle.

You draft him, and you trade for a forward with your Ds. Guhle for Zegras would make a lot of sense for both teams.

Guhle is always injured and he needs a contract. I am all for keeping him but if Dickinson is there I pick him.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I'm just confused how any Hab fan could have thought so highly of the Patches, Price, PK core and somehow also not be beyond the moon with what we have now.

Slaf, Suzuki, Hutson, Cole, Guhle, Xhekaj twins, Roy, Newhook, Dach, Reinbacher, Mailloux, Beck, etc. etc.

4 1st round picks in the next two years. One of them a guaranteed top 8 pick. Tradeable vets who can fetch a solid price.

Yet people are freaking about a spot or two in the draft and a soft bottom 6 who will be easily replaced.

There's no rational case to be made that we're not in an incredible spot right now.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hughes was able to land the 13th OA for only Romanov and his 98th pick.

Should there be a faller, why not do it again? Doesn’t mean he can’t also repackage it but that’s the kind of ammo that can be manufactured.

Also, FIB ought to be our new signature acronym.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Hughes was able to land the 13th OA for only Romanov and their 98th pick.

Should there be a faller, why not do it again? Doesn’t mean he can’t also repackage it but that’s the kind of ammo that can be manufactured.

Also, FIB ought to be our new signature acronym.

It could get interesting.

We have an abundance of D men in our pool, plus Winnipegs first and Calgary’s next year. If Hughes & co are super high on someone in the low teens they definitely have the ammunition to move up from the Winnipeg pick to go grab another player without making a dent in our pool

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I'm just confused how any Hab fan could have thought so highly of the Patches, Price, PK core and somehow also not be beyond the moon with what we have now.

Slaf, Suzuki, Hutson, Cole, Guhle, Xhekaj twins, Roy, Newhook, Dach, Reinbacher, Mailloux, Beck, etc. etc.

4 1st round picks in the next two years. One of them a guaranteed top 8 pick. Tradeable vets who can fetch a solid price.

Yet people are freaking about a spot or two in the draft and a soft bottom 6 who will be easily replaced.

There's no rational case to be made that we're not in an incredible spot right now.

This is an insane core...there's also Fowler, I think Engstrom is doing well also. Who knows what we have in Farrell

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Yes I think worst case for us is Catton, Iginla or Eiserman.

With a little luck: Demidov or Lindstrom.

With a lot of luck: Celebrini
btw the three, I think Eiserman has the highest ceiling.. yeah a few concerns, but he's got great size and scoring acumen. He's also 6 months younger than the others which may not seem like much in your 20s, but at 17.5 v 18.2 it does have an affect. I'd prefer the gamble on him, otherwise I take Parekh and call it a day, figure out another way to get a C with our picks/prospects.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

One has nothing to with the other. Habs have a great base but the more good players you have the better. Winning has been pretty much irrelevant since Newhook went down. If you can't make the playoffs then you want to finish last. Have to win some games but the lower you finish the better.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
It takes more than 4 forwards. And I've heard they are loaded on D. They just don't need a center. Bu they could use a power house on the wing.

Anaheim's top 9.

Gauthier-McTavish-Vatrano
Zegras-Carlsson-Terry
Killorn-Ludestrom-Strome

Strome, Killorn, Vatrano are all signed 3-4 more years.

They need help on D, and I expect them to take one of Dickinson, Buium or Levshunov.

I suppose if there's truth to the Zegras rumors, they might go Lindstrom, and play him with Carlsson, but I think they go D.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
We should draft BPA.

Even if that is a Dman at 6, you take him.

Our lineup now, will look very different in 4 yrs from now.

EDIT: Also, generally speaking, an amazing Dman is more valuable than an amazing forward, and can make or break a team more, so it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, even if it's not a 'sexy' pick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad