HF Habs: The official 2023-2024 tank thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm just confused how any Hab fan could have thought so highly of the Patches, Price, PK core and somehow also not be beyond the moon with what we have now.

The Price, PK, Patches core wasn't shit though.

Who knows what we have, the only thing we can say is that sine 2008 the Habs have failed terribly at drafting and development. Now we have to wait and see how things go in the coming years to see if the moves they have been making and will make are the right ones or not.

Hughes is in a f***ing great spot though going forward. 24 picks in the next 2 drafts, tons of D and goalie prospects/young players, over 8M in cap space plus Price's cap and the following summer almost 48M in cap space with Price's contract. What he does in the next 2-3 years will likely be huge as the Habs have a ton of holes to fill if they want to be a contender.

Last edited:

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Luneau had a dissease, not an injury. Ducks have Zellweger too + Mintyukov.
Don't know anything about Luneau. It was the Ducks poster who posted a trade proposal here that said that. Maybe he was referring to the illness. But they need more than 3 d.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
The Pricve, PK, Patches core wasn't shit though.

Who knows what we have, the only thing we can say is that sine 2008 the Habs have failed terribly at drafting and development. Now we have to wait and see how things go in the coming years to see if the moves they have been making and will make are the right ones or not.

Hughes is in a f***ing great spot though going forward. 24 picks in the next 2 drafts, tons of D and goalie prospects/young players, over 8M in cap space plus Price's cap and the following summer almost 48M in cap space with Price's contract. What he does in the next 2-3 years will likely be huge as the Habs have a ton of holes to fill if they want to be a contender.
They don't have a ton of holes. They have prospects to fill most positions. They need to add a top 6 calibre forward or 2 though.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
So Oilers Kings AGAIN.

Will be so interesting considering that LAK built their team for that specific matchup.

Reactions: Rozz

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The Price, PK, Patches core wasn't shit though.

The Price, PK, Max was a great starting point. Unfortunately a new GM came in and thought it was enough…

It was a great young core to build with, but you can’t win if you’re going to put scrubs at center and ignore skilled play.

The other thing I’d mention is that our coach was a total mismatch for the players we drafted. Telling PK Subban to grind makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

It’s a completely different story today. We almost have too many prospects right now. We have skill coaches, and a head coach who’s fostering a good culture.

I just wish Price could come back and play a few season a behind this club. He must be watching this great club being assembled and wondering what might have been.

This pick is important and hopefully Dach can stay healthy. I think we’ll miss the playoffs next year but not by much. I think we’ll start regularly making it in two years.

Let us pray.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
They have 1 line and a very shaky blueline with lots of question marks and they have to hope that Dach can stay healthy and be legit.
The next first round pick should be forward and preference a center. Dach is perfect as #2C if healthy, always if. If there is a B plan second center, it's wise. Dach could become a winger on 1rst or second line and that new center will have plenty of tools available. I hope the BPA this year is a center, it would be good timing.

Yeah,

Peter Luke The Wood is a Playoff BEAST
Maybe not him but the rest of LAK yes they are, or can be.

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
We're really only missing 1 very good top 6 and patience... the other parts are in the folds and getting there. Any other temp fix should be short term 1-2 year contracts.

Roy for me should stay up. Hutson/Mailloux/Barron/Xhekaj/Ghule/Strubble make Kovy/Harris expendable. Savard likely gone at tdl...

Some of Beck, Tuch, Florian, Mesar could be with the team after tdl.

Engstrom, Konyushkov, Kapanen all have the potential to be ready after next season.

Cc - dach - xx top gun
Roy - suzuki - slaf
Gally - newhook - armia
Rhp - evans - Anderson (sigh)

Or rhp as 13th and Tuch cause a surprise at camp for the 4th line...

Do we hope Anderson bounce back over Armia or just cut our loss and give him a chance elsewehere?

All in all, Hugues has assets to spare and a few needs but we're not talking about a rush to fill in long term 5-6 positions with outside guys...

Next year is not gonna be perfect but if we don't have to play Anderson/Dvorak/Ylonen/Pezz and trickle in the kids to replace Gally after next season, the long game is going well...

Reactions: Redux91

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
So Oilers Kings AGAIN.

Will be so interesting considering that LAK built their team for that specific matchup.

It's more likely to be Vegas. They won tonight and moved into 3rd in Pacific. They have one more game left against Anaheim, which should get them to 100 pts.

LAK can get a maximum of 99 pts. They have one game left.

It looks like:

Dallas vs LAK
Vancouver vs Nashville
Winnipeg vs Colorado
Edmonton vs Vegas

For western conference.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
We're really only missing 1 very good top 6 and patience... the other parts are in the folds and getting there. Any other temp fix should be short term 1-2 year contracts.

Roy for me should stay up. Hutson/Mailloux/Barron/Xhekaj/Ghule/Strubble make Kovy/Harris expendable. Savard likely gone at tdl...

Some of Beck, Tuch, Florian, Mesar could be with the team after tdl.

Engstrom, Konyushkov, Kapanen all have the potential to be ready after next season.

Cc - dach - xx top gun
Roy - suzuki - slaf
Gally - newhook - armia
Rhp - evans - Anderson (sigh)
If Eiserman passes the interview he may just be that elite scoring winger available at #6/7

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
man maybe I was too harsh on Catton, Iggy Jr is invisible against PG so far as well. Spokane double shifted Catton and he couldn't get an ounce of space, Iggy Jr is being held to the outside he isn't able to get much going.

PG is one of the best teams in the country. It's not a mark against either Catton or Iginla to be shutdown by that team.

Reactions: Redux91 and Rozz

Sunfyre

Aug 16, 2023
If Arizona drafts ahead of us at 5 I wouldn't be shocked if if they end up grabbing Silyaev. Having But, Simashev clearly indicated how massive size matters there, bringing another Russian to the mix to grow and develop with fellow Russians is also a wise strategy.
Might be a different management group/ownership by then. Previous draft history won’t matter. Saying that, considering what the franchise has a D is the most likely pick.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
PG is one of the best teams in the country. It's not a mark against either Catton or Iginla to be shutdown by that team.
Yeah, I watch them all the time, I'm very close with a few of the owners. I was hoping one of them would break through though. Honestly Iggy has played small, he hasn't been noticable. Catton had a few moments, but nothing yet for Tij. Had an assist tonight though

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Since we had cap space, the performance and salary bonuses hit our this season cap nor our next year — is that correct?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I'm fairly confident Arizona will win their last game in Arizona. It's a meaningless game on the road for Edmonton they'll probably rest some players. Edmonton can't catch Vancouver and Vegas can't catch Edmonton. It's 100% meaningless for Edmonton. McDavid already got his 100 assist and can't get to 140 points or finish 1st.

Reactions: habsfan891 and Rozz

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I'm fairly confident Arizona will win their last game in Arizona. It's a meaningless game on the road for Edmonton they'll probably rest some players. Edmonton can't catch Vancouver and Vegas can't catch Edmonton. It's 100% meaningless for Edmonton. McDavid already got his 100 assist and can't get to 140 points or finish 1st.

True, but,

McDavid is a sweat affffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff. He is not normal.
  • A "sweat" is someone who plays a game, especially in casual/public matches, with an extremely competitive and intense playstyle, using all the best tactics and strategies, even when it's not necessary. 25
  • Sweats are seen as trying too hard to excel and win, even against much less skilled players, to the point that they "sweat" profusely from the effort. 25
  • The term implies the person is taking the game way too seriously and not playing for fun, but rather to show off their skills or dominate others. 25
  • Calling someone a "sweat" is a way to criticize them for being overly tryhard and ruining the casual experience for other players who are just trying to relax and have fun. 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad