The Official 2022-23 Tank Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Finally, a reason for optimism. Come on, you can do it. Give 'er, give 'er... :laugh:

R65Ym0.gif

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
If we can bottom out and lose the rest of our games, whereabouts should our pick fall?

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
If we can bottom out and lose the rest of our games, whereabouts should our pick fall?
If we lost every game we have left, there's probably still a 50/50 chance we make the playoffs. Calgary would have to win 6 of their last 9 just to catch us.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
50/50 chance of getting into the NHL’s joke of a draft lottery system — I’ll take it!
Under the new rules only the top 2 picks are lottery picks and a team cant move up more than 10 spots, so at best we would be picking 5-6th even if we won the lottery.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Under the new rules only the top 2 picks are lottery picks and a team cant move up more than 10 spots, so at best we would be picking 5-6th even if we won the lottery.
Didn’t realize that was in effect this year, thought it was future years. Guess we can hope for 5th!

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
we won too many games this season kids. However we didn’t trade away our 1st yet so maybe the tank goal should be modified to not trading our 1st to Seattle.

I'd love for that to happen but something tells me Chevy wasn't willing to be aggressive and move it for that very reason.

Reactions: ps241

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I'd love for that to happen but something tells me Chevy wasn't willing to be aggressive and move it for that very reason.

That could easily be the case. I think it was a really odd TD Chevy is not an easy guy to read but he seemed pretty bummed by the market in his post TD interview. Some big targets never moved so what can you do.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
That could easily be the case. I think it was a really odd TD Chevy is not an easy guy to read but he seemed pretty bummed by the market in his post TD interview. Some big targets never moved so what can you do.

Yeah a lot of the targets I think he was interested in still had a year left on their contracts too. So I'm guessing a lot of those teams wanted a decent price to get those guys early. Big UFA crop will be available next year provided a lot of them don't resign early.

Reactions: ps241

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yeah a lot of the targets I think he was interested in still had a year left on their contracts too. So I'm guessing a lot of those teams wanted a decent price to get those guys early. Big UFA crop will be available next year provided a lot of them don't resign early.

Looks like you woke early too Dax.

We solved the Centre issue.....turning to D with Stanley, Samberg, and Heinola we are building cost controlled depth but I’m not sure that will be enough?

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
We need a poll to see if people preferred us as a bad team, or a mediocre one.

I blame The Hockey News for setting unreal expectations. And the team for having 2 good seasons which still led to Bryan Little and Tyler Myers being dumped on at every chance.

Hard to stay on top when you can only sign players from Duluth, or guys trying to stay in the NHL.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
We need a poll to see if people preferred us as a bad team, or a mediocre one.

I blame The Hockey News for setting unreal expectations. And the team for having 2 good seasons which still led to Bryan Little and Tyler Myers being dumped on at every chance.

Hard to stay on top when you can only sign players from Duluth, or guys trying to stay in the NHL.

I think it’s tough we got sideswiped by Buff leaving but it left a huge hole that set us back at least two seasons. That is a big chunk of Schief and Helly’s prime cost controlled years.What’s the alternative though? Some form of a retool I guess and I think Laine being traded was phase 1 of the retool.

The Winnipeg ticket buyers market would not support blowing it up yet.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Jets don't have much picks in this year's draft...thought it was less than 5. Dont see them giving Seattle a 1st cuz Harkins Appleton and Stanley aren't worth 1sts.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Looks like you woke early too Dax.

We solved the Centre issue.....turning to D with Stanley, Samberg, and Heinola we are building cost controlled depth but I’m not sure that will be enough?

That's who I mean haha Manson and Ekholm both had 2 years left on their contracts.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
That's who I mean haha Manson and Ekholm both had 2 years left on their contracts.

Yea I think Ekholm is the only asset on the trade boards that "may" have made enough of a difference. Manson I am not sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad