The Official 2022-23 Tank Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
So ...... is this the official post game thread for last night's game?

Edit: Found it, but it is already locked. So .....
My quick impression of last nights game:
If Helle doesn't give up a goal from the far blueline, we win. :laugh:
Other than that goal Helle was very, very good. Well, not so great in the SO.
Our D corps was exposed. It is bad.

Mason Appleton was very, very good. He gets his own paragraph here. If he'd had a little puck luck, we would have won. He reminded me of Armia. Not quite as tenacious on the forecheck, but otherwise looked similar.

That's it for me. PLD can't get here too soon. Onward and upward.

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yes, hi, I’d like one Owen Power please. But also please finish 17th/31 so we can still convince Hamilton to sign here long term.

Morrissey-Hamilton
Power-DeMelo
Heinola-Pionk

What does finishing 17th have to do with convincing Hamilton to sign here?

You think Power would already be ahead of both Samberg and Heinola?

I don't think it is practical to both sign Hamilton and keep Pionk.

But I like your optimism. :thumbu:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Just took a look at the draft rankings for '21. I can't see the whole consolidated list but the top 4 are all Dmen. #1 is a RHD. I won't cheer for a tank, but come on lottery balls!

With our current D corps and the large number of good D in this draft, this is the year to acquire extra 1st rd picks.

Reactions: BlakeScheifehlaine

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
What does finishing 17th have to do with convincing Hamilton to sign here?

You think Power would already be ahead of both Samberg and Heinola?

I don't think it is practical to both sign Hamilton and keep Pionk.

But I like your optimism. :thumbu:
Finishing 17th so we can show Hamilton we don’t completely suck, only suck a little and had lottery luck.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
When is the Columbus Blue Jackets 2022 tank thread gonna be posted? That 3rd round pick is gonna be lit AF!

Reactions: Pongs21

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Admittedly I’ve never watched the kid, but a few scouting reports on him show he likely doesn’t have the chops to become a true #1.
Yup. Say the difference between Drysdale and Brandt is huge. And Drysdale went at #6.

Scouts suggest none of the ‘21 prospects would go top 5 in a normal draft, let alone a stacked draft like last year.

Elite suggests there are about 40 players total worthy of a review. So I’m not too concerned if we package our 1st with a roster player and prospect for a contract-controlled top 4 dman.

Reactions: SM

barrywpg

Nov 17, 2011
After Laine there are no more Jets tank threads - what do we wish for at the draft lottery?
Please - NOT # 1 pick NOT#2 pick - those guys are too good for WPG!!!!
(sort of like the CFL draft where the best players are too good to be picked)

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Admittedly I’ve never watched the kid, but a few scouting reports on him show he likely doesn’t have the chops to become a true #1.

I've never seen him play either but he is the early consensus #1 OA. Hard to do any better than that, but of course rankings may change and the rankings this year will be unreliable. RHS, 6'1, 181 as a 17 YO. Probably weighed and measured as a 16 YO. As a 16/17 YO, he scored 6, 32, 38 in 57 games in the OHL. Currently playing in Slovakia in a men's league at 17 YO. Not scoring much, but 17 YO. If he can't become a true #1, then who in this draft can?

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Hometown kid Carson Lambos for me. I mean, unless we have first overall then pick Power.

Also really loved Helenius' game at the World Juniors.

Either of those guys also look good, but we need a RHS.

Helenius is rated late 2nd, early 3rd rd so far. BIG centre. Wouldn't take him with a 1st.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Who we shooting for in the draft this year?

Hard to say because ideally we're drafting 32nd right? (although this is the tank thread ;)).

If we're near the top of the draft it looks like there are a lot of D, although Clarke seems to be the only right hander near the top. Corson Ceulemans seems like an interesting player (RHD) if we're closer to the bottom of the round. For LHD there are good ones in Power, Edvinsson, Lambos and Hughes.

At C I really liked Beniers in the last World Juniors. Other C's near the top would be Johnson, Eklund (if he's playing C), and Raty.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Hard to say because ideally we're drafting 32nd right? (although this is the tank thread ;)).

If we're near the top of the draft it looks like there are a lot of D, although Clarke seems to be the only right hander near the top. Corson Ceulemans seems like an interesting player (RHD) if we're closer to the bottom of the round. For LHD there are good ones in Power, Edvinsson, Lambos and Hughes.

At C I really liked Beniers in the last World Juniors. Other C's near the top would be Johnson, Eklund (if he's playing C), and Raty.

I think we are pretty set at C now, at least for this draft. Next years pool looks really deep at C. I'd lean towards taking a BDA, best dman available regardless of position. As we've seen you never know what can happen, a few guys don't live up to potential, some get injured, traded away, refuse to sign, ask for to much or book it in FA and all the sudden the strength you thought you had is gone. I also think it could be a good time to take a RW. There seems to be a good crop of wingers in the SHL right now, especially RW. So that's an option as well.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Really bad high danger chances against again this year and 5 wins against the worst team in the last 20 years.

On paper it looks like there is a chance we are actually pretty horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad