Prospect Info: The Official 2014 Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ho sang is someone this team needs. Just as much as lazar. The Kane to his toews. And when I say team. I mean team and fanbase.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
I so badly want Brett Pollock in the 2nd Round. He's roommates and great friends with Curtis Lazar and they've been absolutely stellar on the same line.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yep, it's worth a shot to take Ho Sang. We have too many prospects who project as 3rd line/3rd pairing guys. We desperately need high end skill and talent in the pipeline.

The only potential problem I see is a definite lack of strong veteran personalities in the room to mentor the kid properly. If Richardson is still in Bingo in a couple of years, he'd be a good one to help mold the kid.

CR15

Feb 15, 2010
Windsor
If Ho Sang fell to 40 you take it and run. If he can be matured and his mind in sync with what the organization would want it would be a home run. Hard to say he doesn't have more pure high end skill then the top players in this draft.

That said I don't see him as a Murray type player or any oldschool gm for that matter. Will be interesting to see where he lands.

SensAreSoClose

Apr 5, 2014
If the Senators had 420 draft picks this year and next and Ho Sang was passed over 419 times in that time frame I wouldn't use the last pick to draft him.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
from the sun interview yesterday
Said Ho-Sang, in a lengthy interview: “If I was a general manager and had first pick in the draft, I’d pick me No. 1 ... In three years, I’ll be the best player in this draft. And I have no doubt about that. I know myself. I know the other players. I believe in my ability. There are guys ranked ahead of me who are nowhere near me.

“The Leafs have said they want to move up to pick first,” Ho-Sang said.

“Well, they can stay at eight and still get the No. 1 pick.”

“If you want to see what I can do, invite me to one of your camps. Then you can see how I act, how I compete, how I behave. It’s not like they’re winning everything.

“It’s unfortunate the power Hockey Canada has. They have the power to ruin careers and I feel they’ve hurt me a lot.”

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
I so badly want Brett Pollock in the 2nd Round. He's roommates and great friends with Curtis Lazar and they've been absolutely stellar on the same line.

Every year a situation like this arises, where a teammate is available. People get all excited about the idea of recreating the tandem in the NHL, and start pencilling them in beside eachother five years down the road. Remember though that the odds of that happening, even if we were to pick Pollock, are pretty low. Prospects flame out. Players get traded. Players separate themselves. With that in mind, is he the best player at that spot? If he is, take him. But, personally, I think it's totally irrelevant that they played together.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
It's a little hard not to believe there's a bit of racism in there.

Tons of guys have that exact same attitude.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
This quote is the most worrysome, to be honest.

The rest is just bravado and kids being kids, I'm fine with it. This one irks me the most.

I don't think he is wrong though. He is just saying what others won't.

HC has been an old boys club forever, they constantly leave out players that don't "fit the mold" so to speak.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
This quote is the most worrysome, to be honest.

The rest is just bravado and kids being kids, I'm fine with it. This one irks me the most.

He has the same attitude as Kyle Beach. Not good, especially when not only a single scouting service, but multiple services, scouts and GM's say they will not touch him.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

HC has been an old boys club forever, they constantly leave out players that don't "fit the mold" so to speak.

Regardless of the truth, it sounds like he's making excuses. Absolutely not something you want to hear out of a potential 1st rounder on the eve of the draft.

The rest of it, the bravado, the confidence, that's all fine. This, however, is a look into how he reacts to adversity.

That's a red flag.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

It doesn't have to do with not fitting their mold. It has to do with burning bridges, which the quote certainly doesn't help.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Regardless of the truth, it sounds like he's making excuses. Absolutely not something you want to hear out of a potential 1st rounder on the eve of the draft.

The rest of it, the bravado, the confidence, that's all fine. This, however, is a look into how he reacts to adversity.

That's a red flag.

It's the same way he acted when Conner McDavid got more attention in his draft year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad